Thread: Packets in RSC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Packets in RSC

SRL for RS2 can use reflection. It would be really nice to have something similar to this for SRL-RSC, but couldn't we take advantage of something much more powerful?

Java bots for RSC made since 2009 use reflection too - but a few (ARS does this) use a mixture of reflection and packets.

Would it be possible to make a Simba extension/plugin that sends and recieves packets to the Classic servers, in a similar way to AutoRune?

Discuss.
    Last edited by _sw; 11-11-2011 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

A plugin for this is most likely plausible, yeah, but I think you would need good luck to find someone who has enough experience and interest to actually create something like that for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unfortunately, I'm not very experienced with Simba. I could probably write a basic packet bot in Java. RSC still has very poor detection, there aren't many traps and I think all of them have been discovered and worked around. We've had years without updates to learn how the RSC client works.

Since ARS and Pro-Bot can send packets without getting detected and banned, a lot of the hard work has already been done. To be honest, writing a Simba plugin that has full support for Jagex's RSC protocol wouldn't be worth it. The easiest way to go about doing this, as far as I can tell, would be to write a loader that has support for the majority of RSC packets which would then be controlled by Simba, in a similar way to how SMART is used.
    Last edited by _sw; 11-11-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

SMART is open source. Im sure it wouldnt be terribly difficult to modify it enough to load RSC. You could then also use reflection and packets.
    Quote Originally Posted by irc
    [00:55:29] < Guest3097> I lol at how BenLand100 has become noidea
    [01:07:40] <@BenLand100> i'm not noidea i'm
    [01:07:44] -!- BenLand100 is now known as BenLand42-
    [01:07:46] <@BenLand42-> shit
    [01:07:49] -!- BenLand42- is now known as BenLand420
    [01:07:50] <@BenLand420> YEA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's the whole idea, to be able to use colour, reflection and packets all in one script would be great.

I'll have a look at SMART later. Right now I'm still working on ARS. It shouldn't be too hard to get SMART to load RSC now that it's loaded the same way as RS2 is, obviously most of the reflection in SMART would have to be rewritten for full RSC support. Luckily it shouldn't be too hard to convert ARS' or Pro-Bot's methods for use with SMART.

Thread Information