Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Object DTMs: A Walking/Positioning System

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Camo Developer View Post
    Yeah, it made it to the bank just fine.

Like, and maybe I'm just confused on how this actually works, when it was heading north past the cows in lumby, it clicked on the path to go straight up. Then, when it got to the break in the wall, it clicked next to the field, yet there were none of the objects near that area that are defined on the first post.

Make any sense? Lol.
    I think I understand what you mean. When you generate an object DTM, it is made up of sub-points, which are objects on the minimap, and a main-point, which is a coordinate you define. As long as all the sub-points are visible, the code should be able to walk to the main-point. Meaning, when I made the object DTM for that particular spot, it was made using the plants that are around the minimap center, but the main-point was very far up, near the edge of the minimap.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Ahhh, so it the trees, bushes, etc are subpoints not main points. I was thinking it clicked on the objects themselves. Ha, wow, that's simple to understand now lol. Thanks, gonna play around with it.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

No problem Let me know if you have any other questions.
    [10/14/13:19:03] <BenLand100> this is special relatively, just cleverly disguised with yachts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Where do you download it to?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fauq View Post
    Where do you download it to?
    Your typical scripts directory
    I'm Silent SPY
    Secret project: 0%
    Need help? Send me a PM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by euphemism View Post
    Sure, call GenerateObjDTMSkeleton() and set AreaBox to false, because that is out-dated now, and I haven't updated the function. Copy out the debug information into your script. The line "with x do", change x to the name you want, and make sure you declare that as a variable:
    Simba Code:
    var
      Name: ObjDTM;

Then call ObjectDebug(MM_DEADTREE);

replace the sub-point definitions in the skeleton with the ones in the debug that you want. Use ObjectDTMToString(Name) when you want to find it, or do that and writeln the result, and just store it as a string. I am sorry that it is so difficult, I need to write a set of tutorials, and some better methods for generating them.

Updated the "LumbridgeToVarrock.simba" file to fix an out-of-range error that I assume everyone who has downloaded it has been getting.
    Thank you for the reply. I'm gonna mess around with it now, but probably won't be able to do anything with it until after finals next week.

Doesn't sound that hard, but yes a tutorial would be a nice idea. I'll let you know how it goes.
    METAL HEAD FOR LIFE!!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Released Revision 7c. Updated minimap object record for boulders (MM_BOULDER), it never got updated with the rest of the records in Rev 5. Fixed a small issue with the minimap object record for ladders (MM_LADDER), causing ladder finding to fail on rare occasions. Realized that main-point tracking in the walking function was never implemented- now actually functional. Added a check to catch if a script writer has failed to call "LoadObjects" before using code from the include.

Revision 8 shouldn't be too far away, and should introduce some exciting new features like being able to define an object DTM as a set of multiple object DTMs, so that when finding it, if one of the object DTMs is not found, it will try the next one. Should increase reliability in instances where there are many dots on the minimap. Also coming will be support for paths, with a path-walking function that will run through the points in the path, starting with the last one, and walk to the furthest visible one.

E: Standardized name for the download. Regardless of revision from now on, the latest revision download will be titled 'ObjDTMInclude'. Please see the section titled "A Couple of Notes" for information about this.
    Last edited by euphemism; 12-17-2011 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

This....is....beautiful Testing it out and gonna post postive results cant wait to use it in my script
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Exciting news! Switched to a new numbering system to facilitate the move towards auto-installation and updating. An installer for the include is now attached to the bottom of the main post. After running that once, the include should now auto-update whenever a script using it is run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"[Error] (422:17): Unknown identifier 'IntToPoint' at line 421
    Compiling failed."

" TestRay0.A := IntToPoint(X, Y); //This sets the test rays to useable segments."

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kyocera View Post
    "[Error] (422:17): Unknown identifier 'IntToPoint' at line 421
    Compiling failed."

" TestRay0.A := IntToPoint(X, Y); //This sets the test rays to useable segments."
    This is an include file, it is not a stand-alone script. You have to include it in your script at the top, under the rest of the include statements like so:

{$i ObjectDTM\ObjDTMInclude.simba}

From there you can use the functions and procedures within your script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thank you )
    I named it wrong when i tried lmao...
    Last edited by kyocera; 12-14-2011 at 12:16 AM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kyocera View Post

*snip*

Hey there I'm trying to run THIS SCRIPT but it isn't working out to well...

*snip*
    Please see the post I made in Silent_SPY's thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

So an example of this use is like if you want to check if your Character is in right location? Do you think that it might be able to identify Fences, Bridges etc as well? Dont know how to explain but it can be helpful for identifying where you are and if your close if that makes sense? Soz if it doesnt make much sense :P

~Bro433

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes you can use objdtms to identify a location by specifying an area polygon in the dtm definition. So basically you'll be saying, there is two trees over there, and a rock. I should be x distance from each with some tolerance on that distance. See Euphemism's Bouvine Extractor for examples of using objdtm areas. I dont think any tutorials have been posted yet.
    ---- Kanah ----

“If God did not exist then surely man would create him" - Voltiare

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Revision 8 with the aforementioned features should be out by tomorrow night, or at latest, the following evening. My apologies, as I am on vacation. Originally, it was going to break compatibility with scripts using the current version, but I think I've found a way to get around that. Hopefully, I will also be able to make a comprehensive set of tutorials as well.

E: Revision 8 is out. Lots of changes, lots of new stuff. New stuff is untested, but current scripts shouldn't break. Will update tomorrow with what has actually been changed, and added. Too tired. euphemism out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Revision 8 with the aforementioned features should be out by tomorrow night, or at latest, the following evening. My apologies, as I am on vacation. Originally, it was going to break compatibility with scripts using the current version, but I think I've found a way to get around that. Hopefully, I will also be able to make a comprehensive set of tutorials as well.

E: Revision 8 is out. Lots of changes, lots of new stuff. New stuff is untested, but current scripts shouldn't break. Will update tomorrow with what has actually been changed, and added. Too tired. euphemism out.
    Awesome got my Pc fixed now so gonna try this out and test it as a kind of Runescape GPS because it sounds possible and shouldn't be too hard to do right?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Code:
    C:\Simba\Includes\ObjectDTM/ObjDTMInclude.simba(1129:3): Variable 'H' never used at line 1128

Also:
    I am getting the error
    Code:
    Error: Out Of Range at line 915
    Your line 915 is:
    Simba Code:
    BaseTPA := FindMiniMapObj(MMObjRecords[ObjectsToFind[i]]);

I tried having a look, if you want me to post anything else such as my script/the string used then let me know
    Last edited by putonajonny; 12-23-2011 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

This looks great.

Going to try implement this on some of my scripts now.

Just to clarify, objects on the MM do not move like symbols, right?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by putonajonny View Post
    Code:
    C:\Simba\Includes\ObjectDTM/ObjDTMInclude.simba(1129:3): Variable 'H' never used at line 1128

Also:
    I am getting the error
    Code:
    Error: Out Of Range at line 915
    Your line 915 is:
    Simba Code:
    BaseTPA := FindMiniMapObj(MMObjRecords[ObjectsToFind[i]]);

I tried having a look, if you want me to post anything else such as my script/the string used then let me know
    Got rid of the unused variable . That error usually means you forgot to call "LoadObjects" at the beginning of your script, which I renamed to "SetupODTMI" which I renamed to "ObjDTM_Setup" any of those will work, currently, but I would suggest using "ObjDTM_Setup".

Quote Originally Posted by Yanhua View Post
    This looks great.

Going to try implement this on some of my scripts now.

Just to clarify, objects on the MM do not move like symbols, right?
    Correct, they will shift a little, but their positions are always relative.

E: Switched to Silent SPY's hosting for the files. Should fix the problems people have been having. Thanks, Silent SPY <3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

E: Switched to Silent SPY's hosting for the files. Should fix the problems people have been having. Thanks, Silent SPY <3
    You're welcome man, if I have time I may design an index page for that directory to just explain a little about the include, if that's ok with you... I'll hit you up on IRC or MSN about this later.
    I'm Silent SPY
    Secret project: 0%
    Need help? Send me a PM

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

This is awesome! Will mess around with it tmrw and post feedback (or ask for help haha)
    EDIT: been using it now, works great!
    Last edited by cause; 12-25-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

So how do I make dtms to work with http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69080

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    90 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MJF94 View Post
    So how do I make dtms to work with http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69080
    This isn't the correct thread for that question. Check out Tutorial Island for threads on how to make DTMs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Could you add a fail-safe in case it logs out to prevent:

That is the debug box on the left, I just stretched it a bit, no idea how long it was doing this for. And it wasn't in a repeat function in my script.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information