Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: SRL Frequently Asked Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Mayor View Post
    Did you install simba to the same drive where java is installed (i.e., both on C:/ ).
    I got it all working don't worry. I had to search Javaw.exe from search and move it into my java folder where it specified and it worked. Also I needed Java 7u7, downloaded it and worked. Thanks buddy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi i havent been to the villavu forums for atleast 6 or 7 years and i recall i made this account because something happened with my original account "Czepa" i tried to get to the thread to download msi.simba and it wont let me due to not being an SRL member anymore. i was quite active in 2005-2007, so i was just wondering if i could either get the email adress for the account (so i can recover through that) or get SRL member status again to be able to download this stuff correctly.

ive just started playing 07scape with a friend from back in school and theres no way im going to have the time to level a pure to high str without a working script XD

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Czepa2 View Post
    hi i havent been to the villavu forums for atleast 6 or 7 years and i recall i made this account because something happened with my original account "Czepa" i tried to get to the thread to download msi.simba and it wont let me due to not being an SRL member anymore. i was quite active in 2005-2007, so i was just wondering if i could either get the email adress for the account (so i can recover through that) or get SRL member status again to be able to download this stuff correctly.

ive just started playing 07scape with a friend from back in school and theres no way im going to have the time to level a pure to high str without a working script XD
    MSI Phoenix was discontinued long ago. I realize you may still want to get your account back, but just know that MSI hasn't been updated for two(?) years now.

At any rate, welcome back to the community! Feel free to PM me if you've any questions
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    MSI Phoenix was discontinued long ago. I realize you may still want to get your account back, but just know that MSI hasn't been updated for two(?) years now.

At any rate, welcome back to the community! Feel free to PM me if you've any questions
    Tbh it could be slowly brought back on OSRS once @Olly; is finished with the new include
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

so ive been away from SRL and runescape for 2 years or so i think so i figured id come back and catch up with all the changes. i deleted all my previous version of simba and after following coh3n's guide i set up simba.
    but after trying to run the first code in the guide i get this error message

WARNING: Failed to find your Java path

along with this pop - up

windows cannot find 'c:/program files (x86)/java/jre7/bin/java.exe'. make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again.

any help or guidance would be greatly appritiated.

thank you in advanced.
    CURRENT GOALS
    99/99 Mage! Thank You SRL!
    99/99 Smithing! Thank You SRL!
    99/99 Construction! Thank You SRL!
    99/99 Mining! Thank You SRL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I have the same problem listed above. Is there a fix?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

The same problem as Soga I should say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

I solved that issue by reinstalling windows and then java 7

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    225 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    Everyone please use this as reference, and point new users to this thread!

Frequently Asked Questions

• Is Simba/SRL safe to use?
    • How can I run two Simba/scripts?
    There's a post count lock on being able to read the thread on running multiple scripts? Well, okay, but now my first few posts are going to come off as contrived.
    Not very useful to new users imo, and it's literally the second question in the FAQ that you told me to read before even reading the How to install/setup thread.

juuust sayyin
    Last edited by 2tick; 06-23-2016 at 04:51 PM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 2tick View Post
    There's a post count lock on being able to read the thread on running multiple scripts? Well, okay, but now my first few posts are going to come off as contrived.
    Not very useful to new users imo, and it's literally the second question in the FAQ that you told me to read before even reading the How to install/setup thread.

juuust sayyin

Its not just you. Im going to assume its an old thread that was moved into some 'deleted' portion.

To run 2 simbas/scripts, open 2 simbas, run 2 scripts. Thats it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Its not just you. Im going to assume its an old thread that was moved into some 'deleted' portion.

Lol.. I clicked the link, got that, then started to make a reply and saw that the link it self noted it was post count hidden. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    To run 2 simbas/scripts, open 2 simbas, run 2 scripts. Thats it.
    Okay cool, I'm still just reading into things right now but I figured I'd ask.
    Also lol I have to delete your image to reply ;_;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks you. I like Tutorials

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

It's been a couple years since I last used Simba. I got everything up and running no issues but the lag makes running any script on even playing through SMART impossible. Any suggestions? I appreciate any input!!!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by count to potato View Post
    It's been a couple years since I last used Simba. I got everything up and running no issues but the lag makes running any script on even playing through SMART impossible. Any suggestions? I appreciate any input!!!
    Does normal Runescape lag for you? Also try switching graphics modes (OpenGL or DirectX).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

So I finally downloaded Simba again after a year of being AWOL . I'm happy to say that I got it up and running again! Now that I actually have the free time I look forward to catching up and dwelling into script writing depending on how Simba is running this year. I happened to luckily come across a working version of ACA. My last barrier at the moment is locating a working SPS path generator if that's still how its done!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coralreefer View Post
    So I finally downloaded Simba again after a year of being AWOL . I'm happy to say that I got it up and running again! Now that I actually have the free time I look forward to catching up and dwelling into script writing depending on how Simba is running this year. I happened to luckily come across a working version of ACA. My last barrier at the moment is locating a working SPS path generator if that's still how its done!
    https://github.com/TheTS/SPSToolbox/releases/tag/2 should work.
    Also check this out, you might save time by copying your area from it. (There are 2 areas that I need to update, Falador and west of lumbridge crater. Falador works as is though)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    https://github.com/TheTS/SPSToolbox/releases/tag/2 should work.
    Also check this out, you might save time by copying your area from it. (There are 2 areas that I need to update, Falador and west of lumbridge crater. Falador works as is though)
    Thank you so much BMWxi it works like a charm!!. You are an extremely solid SRL Member. I remember downloading your sps path generator about a year ago when I really wanted to get into this and learn it and was not disappointed. Now that I Have more time on my hands it's time for me to finally dive in, learn, learn, learn and get to work my friends!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coralreefer View Post
    Thank you so much BMWxi it works like a charm!!. You are an extremely solid SRL Member. I remember downloading your sps path generator about a year ago when I really wanted to get into this and learn it and was not disappointed. Now that I Have more time on my hands it's time for me to finally dive in, learn, learn, learn and get to work my friends!
    Thanks! I didn't make the path generator though, @The Mayor; made it based on one by @m34tcode;

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I was wondering if it was based off mine. looked like it was. Nice!
    My scripts: LunarPlanker
    ---
    My Utilities: Cross Platform, Open Source, SPS Path Generator

Join the Unoficial SRL Skype Group by clicking here, or visiting this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

"Plugins Updater: Downloading...
    Plugins Updater: Decompressing...
    Plugins Updater: Extracting...
    Plugins Update ERROR: Couldn't extract the tar archive."

I keep getting this error. I've installed Winrar and winzip, but problem persists. Any fix for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zaphry View Post
    "Plugins Updater: Downloading...
    Plugins Updater: Decompressing...
    Plugins Updater: Extracting...
    Plugins Update ERROR: Couldn't extract the tar archive."

I keep getting this error. I've installed Winrar and winzip, but problem persists. Any fix for this?
    Have you tried running Simba as admin? I was also getting this but that fixed it and haven't ran into that issue since. If not, I would just try reinstalling Simba but backing up your includes/plugins first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deejaay View Post
    Have you tried running Simba as admin? I was also getting this but that fixed it and haven't ran into that issue since. If not, I would just try reinstalling Simba but backing up your includes/plugins first.
    Had this error before which I missed, I removed the duplicate line and everything works now.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information