Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: YoHoJo Video Tutorial #2: Making your VERY FIRST script for RUNESCAPE

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Default YoHoJo Video Tutorial #2: Making your VERY FIRST script for RUNESCAPE

Part 1:
    http://youtu.be/qfumZWrm_DE?hd=1
    46 Minutes 39 Seconds

Part 2:
    http://youtu.be/QhgZZmoD0Yc
    47 Minutes 07 Seconds

Yes, they run a bit long, but no one said scripting was easy (it is ) and it takes time to learn and explain things! If you no longer want to be a leecher noob failface I suggest you get cozy and watch them!

They are a bit long and sloppy because I did them 'on the spot' instead of planning them out and using a premade script.
    I wanted you guys to see the process from scratch and all of the common problems and roadbumps scripters have to deal with regularly.
    I felt doing it this would would be a more 'real' and helpful experience compared to just reading though a premade script.
    Sorry they are a bit long and sloppy, but I feel this was the best way to make them and hope you guys enjoy!

Post any questions here, and feel free to leave comments on the videos themselves too if you wish.

I can help further explain anything covered in the videos here, so don't be shy and ask away!

If you enjoy my video tutorials, please feel free to ,it would really mean a lot!
    Last edited by YoHoJo; 12-15-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

YES. YES. Finally! Will be watching as soon as I get home from work. Your video tuts are so helpful!

Thanks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Awesome job YoHoJo! This should help the new people out!
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Great tutorial, shame about the coughing

I noticed the problem whilst finding the tree colours with the FindObj functions and how it struggled due to the colours. You mentioned better techniques of finding object, would that be using Bitmap or DTM, which is more accurate?

Once I get a bit more time I'll have a go at making my first script, I was thinking something simple, possibly picking/collecting an item, i feel as i have the basics and im picking up things pretty quick I feel, waiting for part two now.

Thanks again

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H_N View Post
    Great tutorial, shame about the coughing

I noticed the problem whilst finding the tree colours with the FindObj functions and how it struggled due to the colours. You mentioned better techniques of finding object, would that be using Bitmap or DTM, which is more accurate?

Once I get a bit more time I'll have a go at making my first script, I was thinking something simple, possibly picking/collecting an item, i feel as i have the basics and im picking up things pretty quick I feel, waiting for part two now.

Thanks again
    Yeah it's really dumb and annoying! Sometimes it gets better, sometimes (the worst times!) it acts up.

Yeah in part 1 the FindObj isn't optimal at all but it's okay. Bitmaps and DTMs are more for static things like items/buttons/interface etc (sometimes bitmaps work well on mainscreen though if made properly).
    The alternative method is TPAs, Length Width and Desnity checks, # of Pixels found checks, along with the backbone of good autocolor generated from using a program called ACA (AutoColor Aid).

Actually in part 2 I switched to using FindObjTPA (I think it's called?) and got it working A LOT better and almost always heading to a tree and not a stump/ground/branches etc.

And hooray! Even if it's a really basic lame script, you should post it in the 'First Script' section to get some feedback on your code from other members.

@Everyone, Part 2 is now up! At the moment it's not processed all the way so 480p is the highest quality you can view it in. Over time (few hours or less) youtube will process it better and the 1080p option will be available. Link to part 2 is now in the first post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Very nice watch, and very helpful. I've been looking foward to this. Thank you so much for your time and effort you put in here and to help everybody!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you very much for the tutorials. Within the first tutorial, I managed to make a near flawless yak killer. I've since made my own functions which work better than some of srl's included functions. Haven't finished video 2 yet, but I will be certain to do so after I've finished testing my script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awesome video. Very beginner-friendly and you have a nice calm voice too.

Keep em coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Thanks man! This has helped a lot and I'm doing really good so far typing it and what not. My only problem is the beginning where it says:
    ($DEFINE SMART) ($i SRL\SRL.scar) ($i SRL\SRL\Misc\Stats.simba)

- I have it typed exactly like yours but mine doesn't turn red and when I try to compile I get this error: [Error] (4:3): 'BEGIN' expected at line 3.

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Right under the
    Program YourProgramNameHere;
    line put all of that include stuff and it should work.
    Ah! Problem is you are using ()s when you need to use {}s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    Right under the
    Program YourProgramNameHere;
    line put all of that include stuff and it should work.
    Ah! Problem is you are using ()s when you need to use {}s
    Oo wow haha thanks man! That fixed it! So I use {'s just for the beginning?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Just use {} around the include stuff.
    Example:
    Simba Code:
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$i SRL\SRL.scar}
    {$i SRL\SRL\Misc\Debug.SCAR}
    {$i SRL\SRL\Misc\Stats.simba}

And if you don't want to use SMART at the time (as in you are testing/autoing on web browser) then put a // in front of the {$DEFINE SMART} line.

{}s can also be used elsewhere in the script to comment stuff out.

Like if you have some code you don't want to be executed/compiled but still keep it in the script for later use/reference for just notes to yourself you can put them between {}s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great video. I agree about making the script while videoing, shows the trial and error. Also, I like basic! It's easy, less code, and for things like this it works perfectly. I don't see the need for anything more complicated for scripts like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok ive tryed making flash bots on flash games and runescape and another game but every script i get the same errors

[Error] (39:2): Identifier expected at line 38
    Compiling failed.

Its always the same i duno what im doing wrong ive copyed your video word for word...

FYI this is a Procedure line that it highlights, and if i delete the procedure it does the same but highlights the End at the end of my script

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Post the script sillyhead! No way I can help without seeing it!
    Please put Simba tags around it when you post it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ahh thanks but i figured out what i did wrong, its so noob as well :P
    i was putting

Begin
    Procedure Fuzz;
    var
    x, y:integer;

when it should of been

Procedure Fuzz;
    var

begin

heh, but i did get my bot working its for a flash game on neopets called 'Kill evil fuzzles' and it completely destroys the game i got 3X the current highscore with it, i doubt it will qualify though heh but was fun thanks for the help! im gonna go onto the second video now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Edit:

Ok I have this code and it says it compiles successively but then nothing happens, the cursor just vanishes and it doenst click or anything :S

Code:
    Function find:Boolean;
    var

begin
      if FindColorSpiralTolerance(x, y, 9360328, 13, 15, 502, 319, 50) then
      begin
        getmousepos(x, y);
        case random(2) of
        1: Mouse(x, y, 5, 5, True);
        2: begin
          Mouse(x, y, 5, 5, False);
          wait(100+Random(100));
          ChooseOption('Att');
          end;
      end;
        end;
        end;

begin
    setupsrl;

repeat
      find;
      until(false)
        end.
    Last edited by copperhaxor; 12-15-2011 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you sir will be watching all of it tomorrow. Please keep making these vids I benefit so much by watching them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hate to be that guy that hates, but the tutorial was made so much longer because of you almost getting distracted. You also need to know what you're going to do before you make a tutorial. You took a lot of other people's/your own code and just modified that which doesn't help people at all.

It did help me get the basics though but I could have learnt a lot more in the time taken to watch those videos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

When is part 3 going to be released? :P

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nen View Post
    Hate to be that guy that hates, but the tutorial was made so much longer because of you almost getting distracted. You also need to know what you're going to do before you make a tutorial. You took a lot of other people's/your own code and just modified that which doesn't help people at all.

It did help me get the basics though but I could have learnt a lot more in the time taken to watch those videos.
    " you almost getting distracted"
    Wat?

"you also need to know what you're going to do before you make a tutorial"
    I stated in the first post they were made this way on purpose (long/sloppy)
    They are a bit long and sloppy because I did them 'on the spot' instead of planning them out and using a premade script.
    I wanted you guys to see the process from scratch and all of the common problems and roadbumps scripters have to deal with regularly.
    I felt doing it this would would be a more 'real' and helpful experience compared to just reading though a premade script.
    Sorry they are a bit long and sloppy, but I feel this was the best way to make them and hope you guys enjoy!
    I didn't take/modify too much of my own/others code I wrote most of it from scratch, and the things that I did copy/paste I explained exactly what they did and how they worked and that they are common things used in everyone's scripts so you (the learners) can also just copy and paste them.

Tons of people have requested videos because they are lazy or just feel they would learn better by watching and hearing someone do it along with them which is why I made them. If you think you learn better by just reading/pictures then you can feel free to check out the other tutorials we have in this section.

Also, no I'm not mad at all, just responding to your post, everyone learns differently and at a different pace and that's okay. For some people slow and explaining every little thing is nicer.

If you check out my first tutorial I'm sure you will find it a lot more structured and planned out.

Quote Originally Posted by lamebungy View Post
    When is part 3 going to be released? :P
    You mean tutorial 3 .
    Um no clue... whenever I'm not lazy! Glad you're all enjoying and learning from it!
    Last edited by YoHoJo; 12-17-2011 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I have to say, these tutorials are good revison for me getting back into the realm of scripting. Thankyou
    Did someone say GDK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

One of the best tutorials out there, I honestly thought I could never make a script, but after watching these vids i've learned a lot.

Could you make a part 3 that powermines any type of ore? I'll try to create one my self though with the knowledge of these videos.

Again, many thanks man. I've learned so much more from the videos than the ones that are written out lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm about to check these out today and tomorrow. Your first video was very helpful and I hope I can learn to make like a basic PowerChopper or something after these videos. I gotta start somewhere haha.

E: So I finished both of the tutorial videos, and got the script working. It works great until the dropping procedure, and I get these errors:

Simba Code:
    New window: 3997982
    [Hint] (91:10): Variable 'Result' never used at line 90
    Compiled successfully in 484 ms.
    SRL Compiled in 15 msec
    Error: Exception: FindDTMs: DTM[] is not valid. at line 150
    The following DTMs were not freed: [SRL - Lamp bitmap, 1, 2]
    The following bitmaps were not freed: [SRL - Mod bitmap, SRL - Admin bitmap, SRL - Flag bitmap]

I've tried restarting Simba and my computer, thinking it might have been a memory leak of sorts to no avail. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by TheJokester117; 12-21-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

These tutorials are GREAT!

btw, do you mind me using those procedures/functions you wrote on there?

or would you rather we try to do it ourselves?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information