Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Leech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my attention span is not long enough to watch yohojos videos ll at once lol but i will DEFINETLY try to put into this community

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -daazndagger- View Post
    A true leech wouldn't read this But I like your style, and lets hope some actually do decide to read this and change their ways to make SRL a more extensively thriving community! Good job on this tut
    Yea I agree, I definitely wouldn't click this thread if I was here just for leeching I'd go to script section and download all the crap I want and never come back until stuff didn't work
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i added login woot woot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i added a drop procedure so for now it looks like ive got a very bad but working powerchopper LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read, but leaching is not my style xD. If it were, I wouldn't be reading it right now. I was a scripter for RSbot 1.2x back in the day. I'm planning to learn to script with this style but Java was much easier so it may take me a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think this script is broke lol. Thanks man I am from rsbuddy and never really knew what a "leech" was(ironic because they say leech for everything). I will now try to improve my ways

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by holysin View Post
    i added a drop procedure so for now it looks like ive got a very bad but working powerchopper LOL
    Lets try not the quadruple post, if you need any help post in the help section the scripters who roam those forums are adapt! They use the force... of scripting.

Lol make this the terms of agreement haha just kidding.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R4nd0m View Post
    Lets try not the quadruple post, if you need any help post in the help section the scripters who roam those forums are adapt! They use the force... of scripting.

Lol make this the terms of agreement haha just kidding.
    lol k prob broke now cos ofthe update

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

straight forward, quick, videos, wow amazing even now i cant say i don't know how to write scripts. give me 6 moths and you will have the ultimate blast furnace smither.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evva View Post
    I think this script is broke lol. Thanks man I am from rsbuddy and never really knew what a "leech" was(ironic because they say leech for everything). I will now try to improve my ways
    It doesn't take a whole lot to be considered a leech. In some peoples case, it's not that they don't want to learn to code, it's just out of their grasps. Not everybody has the patience to learn. I'm going to have a hard time forcing myself to learn the SRL API. I wasn't ever able to force myself to even relearn the RSbot API after 1.2x was updated...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mlg_angela View Post
    It doesn't take a whole lot to be considered a leech. In some peoples case, it's not that they don't want to learn to code, it's just out of their grasps. Not everybody has the patience to learn. I'm going to have a hard time forcing myself to learn the SRL API. I wasn't ever able to force myself to even relearn the RSbot API after 1.2x was updated...
    Guarantee you it is easier than you think it is! You can search for any function you want, the learning curve isn't too steep and if you know any other programming language it will be a sinch.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R4nd0m View Post
    Guarantee you it is easier than you think it is! You can search for any function you want, the learning curve isn't too steep and if you know any other programming language it will be a sinch.
    I'm going to take your word on that. I'll start working on it probably next weekend. I need a time where I don't have anything else going on so I can just focus on it for a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have 2 small kids at home currently. I just do not have time.
    Bot hard or get banned trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

lol based on that thread, when you register you are already a leech. i think that you should add that leechers also ask if there is a bot for "x"

im from RiD and the initiates never read anything xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

please please please add "Do not pm quazzymodem, with expectations of getting a leaked script!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm ready to change my ways!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

i like this

http://gyazo.com/a6440b2dd4e42e1c2ecf1ec2ec6d004b

5months old, almost 900 posts. see, what you're doing is telling people if they have no posts and only look at what this community offers for free, than they aren't welcome. if you want to stop leechers, try informing people to post useful infromation rather than just posting comments like "omg thats funny" or "this is interesting." regardless every botting forum is going to have many leechers. go look in the rid chatbox, tons of people asking dumb questions which gets annoying because our forum is small and easy to navigate.

now believe me, i dont want to see this community turn into one like powerbots were they have thousands of members which contribute nothing, i actually like seeing how hard it is to become a member on this forum. i tried scripting by myself and failed miserably xD, but i wont stop trying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I just joined the SRL community and I'm trying to figure out scripting a bit so I can give back. Thanks for the tutorial . If anyone can help me figure out the anti-leach in the rangeguilder script I'd love you forever! It would go toward helping me learn as well as run a bot while I'm learning. Double win!
    Last edited by Adamwaddum; 03-19-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!
    Im a Leach

I'm still fairly new to SRL/Simba. I have a busy life and haven't played RS in several months; so I have been inactive in the SRL community. (Especially after experiencing the "bot nuke" and having wasted 150$+ on nexus scripts). Is the SRL community immune to Jagex suing us because we are independent people creating scripts without gaining profit? I am not computer savvy and inexperienced in java (c++ or whatever you call it scripting). Where can I learn basic Java/SRL scripting? Any tutorials, videos or guides? Please PM me. I want to learn and contribute to the Simba community. Thanks and happy botting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,

Please ignore my previous post. I just discovered the Tutorial Island Forms, Development Forms and Runescape Tutorials. Thanks to everyone in the SRL community, it is like a library of information. I will learn alot reading them and playing around with scripts; then if their is parts I still don't understand (which is inevitable), I can ask more educated questions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol, I've watched the vids, practiced scripting, and I'm still not done a simple one monster fighting bot (one critical error that could lead to a ban, otherwise functional).. I really don't think there's hope for me. I'll keep trying. On the bright side, I can do a lot of the simple anti-leeches in peoples script.

Any other suggestions you guys have to learn scripting?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Terrible persuasive techniques in this thread, won't persuade the leachers to take up script writing. You should reason with your targeted audience, don't make them feel hated or underestimated, as you can see from this quote: "The guide to rid yourself of your leeching habits" taken from the BEGINING paragraph, this is unappealing to me, and will do to your audience. You can't change someones point of view by trying to tear down their self esteam.

I would've started your thread with a rhetorical question, like: "Would you like to reveal your inner potential?" That will capture the audience, making them feel like they have potential. When you said how to identify yourself as a leach, you said "Do 95% of your posts sound like this "This script is broke". This makes me cringe, I think its completly wrong to bring sterio-types of the so called "leachers" Your targeted audience will be disgusted or offended. I don't have much programing skills, but I can critique someone on their thread, about how uneffective their post is.

Instead of saying: "Do 95% of your posts sound like this "This script is broke"
    I would say: "Try to post constructive posts, becuase over time you'll pick up the skills necessary for programing/making bots work."

Mr. R4nd0m, I would advise you to change your post, and reason with the audience.

Thankyou.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Exclamation

How do i make the limo cosher work ?
    i get
    [Error] (1:1): Unexpected end of file at line 0
    Compiling failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Q) Do you think people will actually read this?
    A) Yes somewhere in my head I believe people will read this
    you were right i read it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Leeching is so not me... I came here to learn scripting from scratch. Something in my mind told me it would be useful for me in the future!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information