Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anti-Leech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive tried to script, and plan on putting more effort towards it next week(spring break)... are there any specific things you guys look for in a script when im applying for SRL membership?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by conorishere View Post
    Ive tried to script, and plan on putting more effort towards it next week(spring break)... are there any specific things you guys look for in a script when im applying for SRL membership?
    Here you go: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74195

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like many already stated, most of the leechers most likely won't read this thread unless they rly want to change. Still, rly nice thread!

I meet most of the listed criteria about leechers, but that's because I'm just reading different forums to keep up with the botting scene. When I have the time to go back playing for real, this is the community I really want to be part of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

great guide =D trying not to be a leach been trying to learn coding seance i joined SRL (just started rs again after a few years) i just got a few questions..

how can i not be a leach but not spam post random crap like every one does..

im not the type of person to post on random topics saying +1 or GOOD JOB i fugue its just spam.. tho i read just about every thing that comes in to ISPY or should i just post random stuff like outher people..

also what type of guides do u think SRL would want? (most guides can be Google any where)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

read it and obv im a leecher only in script section.
    Im really only here to bot but ill just do some other stuff u hate leechers really bad iknow how it feels i have 1.3k posts on near reality forums.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rushera View Post
    read it and obv im a leecher only in script section.
    Im really only here to bot but ill just do some other stuff u hate leechers really bad iknow how it feels i have 1.3k posts on near reality forums.
    Glad to hear
    Any small bit is wonderful!

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm new to simba, and i dont want to be a leech, so thanks for the video link and lets try scripting :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Inspirational to say the least, I came to SRL to learn and in 2 days I've learned enough to write a basic powerminer/chopper. So I figure in a month I will earn my membership?

Quote Originally Posted by marijuana420 View Post
    great guide =D trying not to be a leach been trying to learn coding seance i joined SRL (just started rs again after a few years) i just got a few questions..

how can i not be a leach but not spam post random crap like every one does..

im not the type of person to post on random topics saying +1 or GOOD JOB i fugue its just spam.. tho i read just about every thing that comes in to ISPY or should i just post random stuff like outher people..

also what type of guides do u think SRL would want? (most guides can be Google any where)
    I see where you are coming from, although you should try viewing more topics where your help is needed/useful. If you understand the topic, you can actively participate in the thread and instead of just reading onto the next one, you can contribute.
    Last edited by Sigma; 05-10-2012 at 01:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just joined villavu and this is the second thread I viewed after FAQ atm I am a leech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow been spending hours trying to figure out the anti leeches in some scripts..

its like you guys give a guide on how to download easy then once where in its like " fuck you leecher dont ask questions re-write the script and use it " if we just had a real tutorial island we probably could.. instead of just a title and a random posting of post counts and simple rules..

im new here and want to progress not get shut down at the patio door, so much for running scripts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by t0aken View Post
    wow been spending hours trying to figure out the anti leeches in some scripts..

its like you guys give a guide on how to download easy then once where in its like " fuck you leecher dont ask questions re-write the script and use it " if we just had a real tutorial island we probably could.. instead of just a title and a random posting of post counts and simple rules..

im new here and want to progress not get shut down at the patio door, so much for running scripts
    Here direct links to learn:

I recommend starting with YoHoJo's video tutorials, informative and they will teach you what you need to know to create a basic/decent script.
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69179

For more advanced scripting I would suggest reading these guides:
    http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=96
    ---

Follow the first tutorial and read the thread on easy to fix errors and I am sure you can figure out 99% of anti-leech.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad I read this. I favorited the beginner scripting tutorial thread and i'm going to attempt scripting tomorrow. Leech no more... hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What are "anti-leeches" in scripts? I will also be attempting to learn how to script as soon as I have free time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Earldahbeastxx View Post
    What are "anti-leeches" in scripts? I will also be attempting to learn how to script as soon as I have free time.
    its just a little bit of code that is delibrately mucked up so people dont just take the script and run, they have to actually put effort in. most anti leech are just undeclared bits.
    Bored of playing rs, and bored of botting it, why am i here?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

nice post
    I will contribute more to srl.
    I'm a half leech
    Tommorow i have one week vacation so i can go further and watch some extra tuts and finish my first script
    Comeback once again and not planning on leaving

scripts written: [5]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good news, tried to make a script and sucked ass..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

nice style tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

trying to make my 1st script and my brain is gunna explode

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by koddex View Post
    trying to make my 1st script and my brain is gunna explode
    I agree, script is hard but I won't stop until it is finished. (or completly destroyed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R4nd0m View Post
    Oh but it did help! You helped bump the thread so more leechers can see and be shown the error of their ways :P.

really liked to get into coding / programming so this is the way to go for a newcomer like me which already posted 2 posts Q<Qing about the scripts itself.

totally gonna give u rep for that, mang.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Thank god, I'm not a leech my life is now complete

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If I hadn't have read this post I may have become a leecher. Thanks for the tips. Guess I may try scripting after all. Sighs. There goes my non existent social life.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why don't I make scripts? I work in IT 50 hours a week and am bored stiff of writing scripts to fix issues / make issues easier. So when I come to relaxing and playing RS / botting, the last thing I want to do is learn howto script bots.

Having said that I learned how to run the Simba and fix several issues with all scripts I run without making a post, so I feel I am not 100% leaching...

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Do you often find yourself ONLY checking the "Runescape Scripts section"?

Hell naw. Actually that's my least-visited section. I hate using others' scripts. It makes me feel bad.

Do you have less than 5 posts and been here for a month+?

Use your eyes. No, I've been around a bit.

Do 95% of your posts sound like this "This script is broke"?

If a script is broke, I can usually fix it myself.

Have you tried to buy SRL members/A script made?

Made/making some scripts, yeah.

Have you posted anything of value since you joined (Value as in other members can use it example: posting a guide.) (If yes GOOD, if No continue )

No guides, no, but I've posted plenty of helpful posts.

Have you attempted scripting? (If yes GOOD, if No continue )

Yup! ^.^
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At the moment i do not have time, but when i have time i will try to dedicate myself to the community :-)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information