Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anti-Leech

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh god I am a huge leech :/ I will try my best to become helpfull to the community im such a noobie leach atm. This thread is sure helpfull btw (:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bet you're less of a leech than I, I just joined today...still kinda lost. Just wanna run a simple RC bot (and maybe slayer later tonight if I can...)

Is there any good NOOB slayer bots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default amazing

Thats what the community here is. I havent been on much due to studies and suff, but the SRL community, in my experience, is the one which is loved by everyone and loves everyone back. Even if someone came here just to leach, you have the power to make them appreciate the hard work done by todays scripters and makes them want to join in. Bravo! Really.
    Building Harpoon Buyer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ive been on the forums for 3 days but everytime i join a forum site i dont know how to contribute... I dont know how to script or anything
    thats y i have spent the past 48 hours awake on the computer non stop trying to learn how to make a script i am a super noob but 1 day i will be making scripts for the community like crazy!!!

so yeah im working on contributing...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkgod153 View Post
    ive been on the forums for 3 days but everytime i join a forum site i dont know how to contribute... I dont know how to script or anything
    thats y i have spent the past 48 hours awake on the computer non stop trying to learn how to make a script i am a super noob but 1 day i will be making scripts for the community like crazy!!!

1. go to the beginners/intermediate section and read all the tuts over here.
    2. open up scripts, and learn how the scripter made them (what methods they used)
    3. talk to ppl on skype/TV (lots of ppl r willing to help via skype/TV, im one of them )
    4. if you havnt already done so, try creating scripts of your own. start off small (maybe a M1D1 miner) then gradually get bigger.

^ probably the easiest way to really learn how to script gl

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darkgod153 View Post

After you have read some guides and tried coding stuff along YoHoJo's tutorials, you should try downloading and then examining scripts around. I remember getting really excited when I fully understood how Joe's Giant killer worked.(that script had lots of comments in it, look out for scripts like that)
    Miner & Urn Crafter & 07 Chicken Killer
    SPS BlindWalk Tutorial

Working on: Nothing

teacher in every art, brought the fire that hath proved to mortals a means to mighty ends

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    After you have read some guides and tried coding stuff along YoHoJo's tutorials, you should try downloading and then examining scripts around. I remember getting really excited when I fully understood how Joe's Giant killer worked.(that script had lots of comments in it, look out for scripts like that)
    I have been doing this for the past week or so. Reading tutorials, and following along with YoHoJo's video tutorials. Felt like a total boss() when he helped me make the script for 'Save The Goldfish'. I also have been studying some of Ashaman88's work with the Varrock Smither... I have asked him questions and he has helped in many ways.

Thanks SRL Community.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will try to change , thats why i will put all my efforts to write my own scripts, but first all, learn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quite the appropriate place for my first post, then, eh?

I used to do a lot of programming when I was a kid, grew up, got a job, fell out of that, figure this would be a great way to get back into that sort of thing. What you all have done here is amazing. That, and what better way to get back into coding than by combining it with my other past-time, RS?

Hopefully I won't totally noob it up around here too much, and I'll try not to drive absolutely everyone crazy in the process of learning this crazy scripting stuff. :P

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RevWhatever View Post
    Quite the appropriate place for my first post, then, eh?

I used to do a lot of programming when I was a kid, grew up, got a job, fell out of that, figure this would be a great way to get back into that sort of thing. What you all have done here is amazing. That, and what better way to get back into coding than by combining it with my other past-time, RS?

Hopefully I won't totally noob it up around here too much, and I'll try not to drive absolutely everyone crazy in the process of learning this crazy scripting stuff. :P
    Haha it is a learning community! You are free to ask whatever you want

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

I'm glad I'm not a leech anymore.
    Check out my scripts:
    FrostChopper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Main reason I don't even try to join in with this community? I don't have the time nor desire to learn how to write scripts. Although, I would happily buy scripts if it were possible for non members.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarryOnBotting2 View Post
    Main reason I don't even try to join in with this community? I don't have the time nor desire to learn how to write scripts. Although, I would happily buy scripts if it were possible for non members.
    Why not just use the scripts without anti leech? There are only a handle that have it in there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaman88 View Post
    Why not just use the scripts without anti leech? There are only a handle that have it in there
    Because a lot of the ones I actually want to use have it :s lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CarryOnBotting2 View Post
    Because a lot of the ones I actually want to use have it :s lol
    Then learn how to fix the anti leech. It honestly only takes a few minutes at most to figure out for most scripts.
    Check out my scripts:
    FrostChopper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Hey thanks for the thread! I didn't know I was being leech but now that i do I can work on it! Looking foward to learning how to write some scripts/

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Woep, I'm less leech now (I think)

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I'm not a leecher, just got back into old RS. Will look to be informative!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My current training only has a small block of C programming. The tutorials here are very helpful so far, I'm just looking for somewhere to apply and build my current knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Sorry wrong post.
    Last edited by Warrior1335; 03-08-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I'm brand new. I have no training whatsoever. I seem to in a little over my head with the code I am trying to figure out the antileech on. But I would love to learn. There should be some sort of mentorship program. Left here all on my own I'm more prone to give up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont wanna leech The idea of sucking blood disgusts me.... I just came here from RSbot. Oh wait. Am i allowed to say that? The complexity of using Simba is much more appealing to me than the simple client from Powerbot. I am excited to be here! and cry through the struggle of learning... haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

This actually explains our hostile attitude to outsiders who come here to use our resources to never be seen again. Good!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information