Thread: Jagex Private Messages Me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Jagex Private Messages Me...

Well i logged on today and to my astonishment I saw my chat and I saw a player called RS Ltd Lucy and she was asking could she talk to me for a moment, So i said OK Seen as though I haven't done anything that infringes on the rules. She Proceeded to tell me That She Has Been Monitoring My Chat Logs/Account Moment And What Not....I Logged out as fast as I Humanly Could lulz, But Then I Thought Iam Not Doing Anything Wrong Here Because No Where Dose It Say We Cant Use Colour Botting Methods it only says REFLECTION was Prohibited. so Anyway I Dont Know What The Future Will Hold Is There Anyway Someone could give me some tips in which it would help, Would Be Grateful
    TrLoLoLoL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Probably a phisher, so go ignore it. Jagex will never contact you ingame about stuff related to accounts etc, and will only use the Message Centre.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Scam.

They wouldn't talk to you, they would flat out ban you.
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Probably a phisher, so go ignore it. Jagex will never contact you ingame about stuff related to accounts etc, and will only use the Message Centre.
    Are You Sure Now? Because This Person Sounded Legit As Hell...This Shit Is Getting Me Mad Paranoid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

wait so your saying another player was on your case? well if she has noticed a repetitive method of antiban aka. Chating random blurbs then add a shit ton of more things to say so less of the same will be called lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrLoLoLoL View Post
    Are You Sure Now? Because This Person Sounded Legit As Hell...This Shit Is Getting Me Mad Paranoid.
    Yes, it was definitely a scam, if you stayed logged in longer they would of directed you to a phisher or asked for your password.

But Then I Thought Iam Not Doing Anything Wrong Here Because No Where Dose It Say We Cant Use Colour Botting Methods it only says REFLECTION was Prohibited.
    TrLoLoLoL

All botting is against the rules, lol. It's under macroing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was a phisher. DO NOT TALK TO IT. Turn your private chat to "Friends" and don't follow any of their links. If Jagex did contact you ingame, a gold crown would appear next to their name, and their names start with Mod, no exceptions.

Sources: I have a friend that is big into phishing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

can you get phished just by talking to it or do you need to click on its link??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loser69 View Post
    You have to actually go to the link, which isn't advisable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loser69 View Post
    .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phishing
    Phishing is a way of attempting to acquire information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication.
    As in, putting together a fake website for you(the victim) to enter your log-in information at, resulting in the bad person having your log-in info and therefore able to hack you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

I am 100% positive they do not contact you in game.
    You have nothing to worry about, the only person who could possibly contact you will have a gold crown and the word mod in their name (Unless their name is andrew/paul)

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My first thought:

Then after dissecting what everyone else said and putting it into your context I've concurred that it is indeed a fish. A bad one too. J-Mods would never bother personally pming you, and they also have golden crowns by their heads.

Yes I know it's spelled "phish".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    My first thought:

Then after dissecting what everyone else said and putting it into your context I've concurred that it is indeed a fish. A bad one too. J-Mods would never bother personally pming you, and they also have golden crowns by their heads.

Yes I know it's spelled "phish".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

As everybody mentioned already, he/she was 100% trying to scam you. I was scammed like this in the good old RSC times... Don't fall for that, I suggest keeping private friends anyway!

~Eerik.

Thread Information