Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Jagex ever remove macroing bans after a set period of time?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Default Does Jagex ever remove macroing bans after a set period of time?

It's been almost 3 years since I got banned for macroing, as you can see here:

I was wondering if Jagex ever removes bans such as that, after a set period of time?

I used up my appeals long ago, so I cannot appeal it again.

Also, 2k.
    Click here to find out how to get full screen without members! | Click here to check out my Ultimate Bitmap Tutorial! Edited to work with Simba! |

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

gratz on the 2k!

It appears that most get their accounts back after five years. Thats priviledge hasn't been applied to my banned chars So, there is definately a setting somewhere telling to NEVER unban an account.
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Thanks

Well I don't actually need the account I just wanted to see if I could get it back, so its not bad if I don't. The account got banned when Jagex was under control of someone else, not the person who controls Jagex at the moment (correct me if I am wrong) and they had the "If you macro you will not get banned and not unbanned" phase happening then so there is a pretty big chance that I won't get it back
    Click here to find out how to get full screen without members! | Click here to check out my Ultimate Bitmap Tutorial! Edited to work with Simba! |

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

They did it twice and more (with account review thread and the banned account reinstatement).

In 2008 ish they made the change to their banned and appeal system, which unbanned some accounts (Macroing).

In 2009 again they made change to the bann and appeal system, this time they took out black mark, which again unbanned some accounts (Macroing).

In 2010 They introduced account review thread, which again unbanned some accounts (Macroing).

In 2011 They Introduced the banned account reinstatement, which lets player pay to get their account unbanned with a GP removal.

In 2012, BAR is likely to return again.
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well not to spoil your hopes... but i have been since oct 2005 and still banned...

25-Oct-2005 Macroing Major (ban) Appeal Denied View
    But i remeber last time i checked it was a manual permanent ban but now it's been changed to macroing major.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whatever happened to being able to pay them to re-instate your account back to you depending on what terms it was banned? I remember reading this a while ago somewhere... Apparently they'll put like -30$ credit on your account and to log into it once again you'd pay that off, and voila unbanned, I actually know a few people who had this work for them and they were contacted by jagex themselves, after posting in some thread on RS Forums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Back in the day I used a macro (literally a mouse movement recorder) to try and chop Yews and I got a blackmark, since then and this is my main the mark simply diminished I don't know if it was a change of heart or maybe my complaint how I was going to become Member in the coming weeks and I wanted a clean slate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i had 2 accouts back , they were banned in 2005 i got em back like a year ago .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I still await my three banned accounts in 2007...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

It really depends on what bot you used.
    I had one account that unbanned from perm ban 3 times, and it was all simba/scar
    One pure that got caught in 2009 and has been banned since was rsbots.net's shitty soul war bot.
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got banned back in 2006 on my main.

The ban was then lifted in 2008.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

If you want it back, you can send an email to parents@jagex.com
    If you use proper grammer and if you are nice there is a very good chance they unbann you

Made by P1ng

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lordvolt View Post
    If you want it back, you can send an email to parents@jagex.com
    If you use proper grammer and if you are nice there is a very good chance they unbann you
    I doubt this will work. Who is even there in the administration from the parents@jagex.com readers... I mean what, is a parent really going to contact jagex if their son or daughter had their account banned for whatever reason? I don't think they'll care so much.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

You'd be surprised, now days parents think "their child does no wrong", and will blame JageX for not allowing their child to play (Even if the kid was in the wrong).
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Undefined View Post
    You'd be surprised, now days parents think "their child does no wrong", and will blame JageX for not allowing their child to play (Even if the kid was in the wrong).
    With all due respect, what kind of company really cares what a parent thinks or not. An additional 5$ to them won't be much, unless they're relying on constant inflow of new members being those old ones which were banned and want to get back into the game. Seems dumb to me, even if they are on that path. Anyway, I may even give it a try... What would one parent write about his son's account who was macro'ed back in the day... Bunch of blabber about maturity and how he is ready to play the game 'fair?'. Goodness, I'm not good at this lying game.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Parents are crazy, it just takes one to change how everything works. I'm not saying they will actually do it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Undefined View Post
    Parents are crazy, it just takes one to change how everything works. I'm not saying they will actually do it, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.
    More beggining to think that a crazy parent e-mail would be much more effective than a nice approach... Child got in an accident, is paralyzed(not that this is funny in any way), forced to stay at home, is in love with RuneScape however his/her accounts are banned. Hmmmm, this could be going somewhere, lol. I shall post back if I EVER get an answer back from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

No, don't talk about physical accidents, just say that you are breaking up with your husband and the family is in a little crisis & you remember how infatuated your son was with the game, you feel that this would be a good distraction for him, to keep the affect on him through the stress of the breakup from affecting him too negatively blah blah blah and mention how much you appreciated their help.

Paralysed shit sounds like a 10 year old thought of it, you need show a little Emotional Quotient when you email then and an air of maturity and understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have BANNED ACC level 106, got it from botting, fire cape etc 99 str and its banned since 22 november 2008 for botting.
    also my first acc ever made on the game got banned for botting and after 6 years i got it unbanned and now botting again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Been banned since 2004.. it was a manual permanent ban and still hasn't been lifted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got banned in 2005, but it wasn't permanent only 14 days, i appealed that anyway. After 3 years later i received a email which said since i had good behavior for 3 years they wiped my account clean of offences.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my first main got banned in 2008 and i forgot its password god dammit !!
    PM me if you want my private script that makes 1.2m + an hour. *No randoms*. and Flawless

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I've never gotten banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My account was banned for macroing back in early 2007 and its still banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i got 1 pure perm ban in 2009 by powerbot and 1 in 2010 also by powerbot, and now got maxed main and maxed rigour tank with simba and paid rsbots.net scripts and didnt get ban and i let it play like 20hours a day without breaks, so its basically all based on luck and not getting reported and also which bot u use

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information