Thread: Creating Your Very Own Text

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Cool Creating Your Very Own Text

Before I go to bed I would like to make this nifty little tutorial on how to add your own text using scar *wink*

So basically if you feel you need to do it yourself then heres the place for ya!

what you need to do is make a new folder and name it anything you like, now place it in the same folder as scar is in.

The tricky part is Creating a bitmap of the text and naming it according to the "ANSII" Format.
    http://www.ascii-code.com/

Choose any letter you want and screen capture on it/ open it up with paint

<<<<<<<< as you can see i have gotten the screen capture and edited it to this

A Few Things Before Going About
    • Make Sure to use only Black and White Colors
    • Have the image a black border

After you have created a most suitable edit save it and name it.
    when naming it name it with the ANSII CodeNameKidsNextDoor.. er a, i mean code.

Example* since im using A Capitol 'H' I have named it 72 sinse that is the ANSII Address for that Character.

Now After everything there is the main part...

SCAR Code:
    program Character Stuff;
    var
    x,y,Text,Char_H:integer;
    begin
    Text:= LoadChars2(AppPath + 'TestFont\');//replace TestFont with whatever you named your new folder
    Char_H:=CreateBitmapMaskFromText('H', Text);//inbetween the ' ' is obviously your Char. but remember i said ANSII? yes this will convert it for you so make sure to name it properly.
    activateclient;
    if FindBitmapMaskTolerance(Char_H, x, y, 0, 0, 100, 100, 30, 30) then//this is the function  i tested with notepad feel free to do the same....
    //what it does is makes a mask with black and white.. gets the outline of your bitmap using contrast, so get the black and white right...
    begin
    movemouse(x,y);
    end;
    end.

So as you can see now you can implement your own text and have more fun

remember to make a perfect bitmap and you should not run into problems
    Last edited by wantonman; 01-25-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Thread Information