Thread: BOT For Cancer Research | One Week, One life | Support Us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default BOT For Cancer Research | One Week, One life | Support Us

Welcome!

My Story

Two year ago today a close family member of mine was diagnosed with bowel cancer. This changed both mine and my family's life over night, fortunately the family members is still with us, thanks to the wonderful help of the doctors and nurses that helped care for him. More than one in three of us will still get cancer at some point, so I personally feel this charity dose amazing work for such a deadly illness.

What I am doing to help raise awareness and fundrais thought Runescape!

Last year (1 Year after my family member as diagnosed), I decided to start a BOT for Cancer Research week from the 20/4/11 to the 27/4/11. During this week I botted 36M which I sold for a total of 38$. This year I am hoping to double last years efforts, the event will start Tomorrow (Friday 20th) up until Friday 27th. On this day at 12pm I will take all the profits made from Botting, and sell them to a kind friend who is willing to pay 1$/1M to help with the fundraising. All money raided will be sent to Cancer Research the following day.

How YOU can help.

It would be great to have you guys here at Villavu/Simba to support the charity during the week to come. All I ask is for you to post "Support <3" below and hopefully we can get a large amount of supporters.

Cancer Research

"We are the world’s leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research.

We’ve saved millions of lives with our groundbreaking work into preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer. People’s chances of surviving cancer have doubled in the last 40 years, and we’ve been at the heart of that progress.

But more than one in three of us will still get cancer at some point. Our vital work, funded entirely by the public, will help ensure that millions more people survive."

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/

Supporters

1.SeaBass
    2.abu_jwka

Last edited by hellohappy22; 04-20-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

I understand its a good cause.. i really do. I support to cancer research myself but im not comfortable giving my money to someone online with 15 posts who can't post in the right sections..

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

During this week I botted 36M which I sold for a total of 38$.
    Tell me your seller, like right now ._.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xtrapsp View Post
    I understand its a good cause.. i really do. I support to cancer research myself but im not comfortable giving my money to someone online with 15 posts who can't post in the right sections..
    Hi, Thanks for the support that's all I ask for. My main reason of doing this is to raise the awareness of Cancer as I don't think people realize how serous it is until the experience it, I certainly did not.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    Tell me your seller, like right now ._.
    It's a friend that buys the profits at the end, he only dose it to help me out with my fundraising. (:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

I completely have no Support for Cancer research. Someone's hand is always in the pot.

Why do you think there are so many organizations? And shouldn't progress of research be main-streamed? When really none is shown.

It will pretty much never be cured, due to loss of business; or instead be extremely expensive to be able to cure cancer from you.
    Last edited by Wyn; 04-19-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wyn10 View Post
    I completely have no Support for Cancer research. Someone's hand is always in the pot.

Why do you think there are so many organizations? And shouldn't progress of research be main-streamed? When really none is shown.

It will pretty much never cured, due to loss of business; or instead be extremely expensive to be able to cure cancer from you.
    Hi, I agree to an extent as everyone has there own opinion. With many charity's the 'Top' people in the organization may or may not have there hand in the pot. I personally feel that it is one of the better charity's to donate to as it has such a massive impact on everyone, Also I took a look at the accounts a while back before I decided who to fund raise for and they seem very stable and a high percentage of money actually goes into the research.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellohappy22 View Post
    Hi, I agree to an extent as everyone has there own opinion. With many charity's the 'Top' people in the organization may or may not have there hand in the pot. I personally feel that it is one of the better charity's to donate to as it has such a massive impact on everyone, Also I took a look at the accounts a while back before I decided who to fund raise for and they seem very stable and a high percentage of money actually goes into the research.

Thanks
    The fact you just joined and posted this, with no actually proof of where the money is going; makes this very suspension of just a scam(I can throw up dozens of cancer sites of where I'm supposed to think where the money is going). Or another hand in the pot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

a internet forum probably was one of the worst place you can start doing something like this.

Also when most charity does something like this, they usually have the offical hospital / clinic give out a statement or a banner / message on their website.
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Good idea, but as said above we don't know you well enough to completely support this idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Main View Post
    a internet forum probably was one of the worst place you can start doing something like this.

Also when most charity does something like this, they usually have the offical hospital / clinic give out a statement or a banner / message on their website.
    Hi, I don't think you realize I taking this upon myself to do this. its NOT an official event carried out by Cancer Research.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_ View Post
    Good idea, but as said above we don't know you well enough to completely support this idea
    Hey, Thanks for viewing the thread!, that's the aim of this to increase awareness.

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Can I just sell you a couple bil for $1/m?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TotalKillz View Post
    Can I just sell you a couple bil for $1/m?
    I don't think my friend has that money to spend. After making 36M last year I am hopefully going to make around 80M this year!

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I understand you as my uncle has had cancer for the past year now. He luckly tho is ok as what cancer he had is treatable. He is making a steady recovery, beginning to actually walk to town by him self now and eating proper food instead of him having to be fed through a tube.

People don't have to give the money to him at all. Like he just said he is trying to make people understand it can effect us all. You could make the money and just send it to cancer research yourself, every little helps.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkle View Post
    I understand you as my uncle has had cancer for the past year now. He luckly tho is ok as what cancer he had is treatable. He is making a steady recovery, beginning to actually walk to town by him self now and eating proper food instead of him having to be fed through a tube.

People don't have to give the money to him at all. Like he just said he is trying to make people understand it can effect us all. You could make the money and just send it to cancer research yourself, every little helps.
    I watched my Dad's parents pass away in hospital beds, both relating to cancer; with doctor's telling us there's nothing they can do.

How do you think I feel about Cancer societies. Health is ran as a business, when it shouldn't be. But due to rich snobs, it will never change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I am sorry to hear your troubles and hope that you uncle continues to progress and beat his cancer. Am glad that your able to see what I am trying to do and indeed every little dose help.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I watched my Dad's parents pass away in hospital beds, both relating to cancer; with doctor's telling us there's nothing they can do.

How do you think I feel about Cancer societies. Health is ran as a business, when it shouldn't be. But due to rich snobs, it will never change.

I'm sorry to hear your losses, everything nowadays is ran as a business, but we all have to try are hardest to help others in whatever way possible.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i also support cancer research but its best to keep it out of internet forums. it’s easy to produce a fake thread thats why there are offical websites. Not saying you aren’t legit it’s just that I’m aware that cancer fraud scammers do exist, sickening as they are looking for people who trust and believe in their cause and then taking advantage of their good will is disgusting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellohappy22 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear your losses, everything nowadays is ran as a business, but we all have to try are hardest to help others in whatever way possible.

Thanks
    With that logic. You can see why I hate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I totally agree with you on this.
    Health is ran as a business, when it shouldn't be. But due to rich snobs, it will never change.
    I went through the same thing, my grandma, granddad on my mums side both died from it to. In fact my uncle(with the cancer) whom I look after, his brother also died of cancer. Imagine how he felt when he found out he got go it. Even tho the big company's make the money they do they still do actually try to find ways to cure some cancers. Hopefully they will realise that cannabis is the way forward .
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gillz View Post
    i also support cancer research but its best to keep it out of internet forums. it’s easy to produce a fake thread thats why there are offical websites. Not saying you aren’t legit it’s just that I’m aware that cancer fraud scammers do exist, sickening as they are looking for people who trust and believe in their cause and then taking advantage of their good will is disgusting.
    Hey, everyone has there own opinion. Ill say this again and will always say it, EVERYONE is effected by Cancer so I don't believe it maters where you post it. But everyone has there own opinion, also this is MY even not an official Cancer Research event.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I totally agree with you on this.

In fact my uncle(with the cancer) whom I look after, his brother also died of cancer.
    Its a great thing your doing and I have LOTS of respect or people like yourself.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

the NHS makes a loss of about £100 billion per year. Not all health care is ran a business.

Good luck with your fund raising! Even if a large proportion of the money goes into peoples pockets at least some of the money makes it to what is needed, at the end of the day the clever people who do the research and going to be able to do it for free.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the flea View Post
    the NHS makes a loss of about £100 billion per year. Not all health care is ran a business.

Good luck with your fund raising! Even if a large proportion of the money goes into peoples pockets at least some of the money makes it to what is needed, at the end of the day the clever people who do the research and going to be able to do it for free.
    Hi thanks for the support, and hopefully my efforts will go the the cause and not to line the riches pockets.

Cheers

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information