Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Anti-Botting Method - Optimus

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Maybe one day, Jagex will build a system, that blocks other programs from running whilst playing Runescape :P. Only way to stop colour bots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BobboHobbo View Post
    Maybe one day, Jagex will build a system, that blocks other programs from running whilst playing Runescape :P. Only way to stop colour bots.
    lol runescape will only be a browser java game not software

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

But raptor could kill us all :/

On a serious note, do not fret yet... Just wait and lets see what Jagex has in store.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

I swear iBot was shut down years ago?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I beleive Ibot was shut down when they began having serious legal issues with jagex
    My scripts: LunarPlanker
    ---
    My Utilities: Cross Platform, Open Source, SPS Path Generator

Join the Unoficial SRL Skype Group by clicking here, or visiting this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Guys I am no legal guru BUT I believe if Jagex went after the site they could create a decent argument and Megaupload would be an angle in on that. It would not be as easy a case as Megaupload but it could theoretically be a case in that because the site HOUSES the scripts and therefore it is culpable in facilitating theft as members use the site to make gains into the game which some people convert into real life cash.

There are some really hard parts in there to nail down BUT it's an angle.

I believe some of the hard part is getting round the fact that the application does not interact with RS but smart lawyers can do amazing things in court. Throw into that having the wrong judge on the bench and it could make for an interesting ruling.

Anyways just saying lets not think we are TOO safe. They could change the way we operate. When Jagex gets enough of this cat and mouse game and is beaten too much they will resort to the next stage of the game.

Remember the saying desparate times calls for desparate measures. Maybe they don't have a real chance but maybe they play their card anyhow to see if they can bluff us.

Just thoughts. I could be wrong. Hell I could be far off but don't ever think YOU HAVE WON. That's when they get you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

^ Sounds legit. I cant say I know alot about law myself
    ---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That would be a very flimsy argument to stand up in a u.s. court. The thing with mega upload is that it was "taking money away" from the big businesses by having the movies and what not on their site which is a form of theft and is specifically illegal. There is nothing inherently illegal about using a color bot, the worst anyone here is doing is breaking jagex tos. It would be comparable for them to try to sue someone for impersonating a mod, it is against the tos but no law. They could try to make the case but they would have a hard time finding a smart lawyer willing to risk his reputation to do it, then again if the money was right probably not. I imagine if they ever did seek legal recourse they would soon find out they have no leg to stand on. There are no u.s. laws on the book that this break the worst they could do is ban any of us. I understand where you are coming at with mega upload but the difference is there was illegal products being hosted and downloaded from there. There is nothing illegal about the scripts on here.

Lets be honest though the only reason megaupload got shut down was because of the massive amount of lobbyists the music and movie industries have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Demondog View Post
    Guys I am no legal guru BUT I believe if Jagex went after the site they could create a decent argument and Megaupload would be an angle in on that. It would not be as easy a case as Megaupload but it could theoretically be a case in that because the site HOUSES the scripts and therefore it is culpable in facilitating theft as members use the site to make gains into the game which some people convert into real life cash.

I believe some of the hard part is getting round the fact that the application does not interact with RS but smart lawyers can do amazing things in court. Throw into that having the wrong judge on the bench and it could make for an interesting ruling.

Anyways just saying lets not think we are TOO safe. They could change the way we operate. When Jagex gets enough of this cat and mouse game and is beaten too much they will resort to the next stage of the game.

Remember the saying desparate times calls for desparate measures. Maybe they don't have a real chance but maybe they play their card anyhow to see if they can bluff us.

Just thoughts. I could be wrong. Hell I could be far off but don't ever think YOU HAVE WON. That's when they get you.
    But the thing is, simba is used on many different Programs. Simba could practically do your homework. The scripts may or may NOT be targeted towards runescape. There is really no way of getting under SRL's skin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.Open runescape in virtualmachine
    2.Open Simba in host Machine
    3.Click crosshair in simba and target virtualmachine
    It may need some work to make it regonize the runescape applet thought

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Regardless of what happens, simba will be around for NON rs related applications. In which any person could download and write their own scripts for it (much like how it is now, except there is no forum to have a "scripts" section)

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

No chance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very intresting topic, colour bots would not be stopped tho, i been seeing more and more bots in runescape lately, they are filling up worlds at draynor etc. gf jagex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

i got to megaupload then stopped reading, didn't you hear the courts ruled the case in his favour and he recieved like all of his cash from megaupload back? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    LSD RuneScape will be fun :P We must try some acid to see if it cancels the effects out.
    Back To Play & Bot RS07

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

That will piss people off. Not everyone understands how to run virtual machines like we do ;]
    ---

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Well than we shall develop SRL powered by a webclient

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

thread has been gravedug twice...
    Zaros

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

How was it gravedig when its continuous within 31 days? 0_0

On the side note, I am sure simba (and scar) will last far longer than runescape....
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

A gravedig is defined as posting in a thread which has not been posted in for at least three months. Stated on the rules thread
    Last edited by m34tcode; 04-10-2012 at 02:31 PM.
    ---

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RISK View Post
    Here's a leaked photo I have of the future Runescape color-nuke they plan to release:

Giggle.
    Haha good one

I will try to answer all Runescape related questions!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

seems like optimus got delayed by some decepticons on his way to earth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wouldn't the best anti ban be talking, like leetz said once with having a programmed conversation based on databased bots. Its genius and almost human

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by P1nky View Post
    They can stop us by providing Runescape, on to FunORB
    That'd be evil!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neros View Post
    i got to megaupload then stopped reading, didn't you hear the courts ruled the case in his favour and he recieved like all of his cash from megaupload back? lol
    When did this happen? Last I heard all his stuff was seized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

When did this happen? Last I heard all his stuff was seized.
    happened not long ago, i heard it on the news, they fucked up and it turns out he was not at fault for what was being hosted on the servers or something, so they had to refund his assets because it was the uploaders infringing the copyrights, or so i believe, could look into it more
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    LSD RuneScape will be fun :P We must try some acid to see if it cancels the effects out.
    Back To Play & Bot RS07

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information