Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to Become an SRL Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the post Daniel I will be referring to this to make sure I'll keep up my SRL standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Is using SPS good for using in scripts that would be used in a app, have any apps included SPS? If not why?

How would the App be looked at any differently?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wyn10 View Post
    Is using SPS good for using in scripts that would be used in a app, have any apps included SPS? If not why?

How would the App be looked at any differently?
    Sps is not looked at favourably in members apps as it is the most basic walking type (just click on map points using a program and paste the co-ords in).
    It is fine to use sps in your app script as long as it is not your only walking type (it better be a damn good script is sps is your only walking...)

My advice, try to use radial walking for long distances and dtms for specific point moving.
    ~Caotom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caotom View Post
    Sps is not looked at favourably in members apps as it is the most basic walking type (just click on map points using a program and paste the co-ords in).
    It is fine to use sps in your app script as long as it is not your only walking type (it better be a damn good script is sps is your only walking...)

My advice, try to use radial walking for long distances and dtms for specific point moving.
    ~Caotom
    I was thinking of using dtms of walking and using sps as a fail-safe (If distance is to far away then use sps to correct, or to that some sort of extent.)

Would something like that be appraised? As this script was gonna be for a resource dungeon and it would have a considerable amount of walking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wyn10 View Post
    I was thinking of using dtms of walking and using sps as a fail-safe (If distance is to far away then use sps to correct, or to that some sort of extent.)

Would something like that be appraised? As this script was gonna be for a resource dungeon and it would have a considerable amount of walking.
    What i use is RadialWalking then DTM then SPS as failsafes. SPS isnt a reliable mapwalking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rice View Post
    What i use is RadialWalking then DTM then SPS as failsafes. SPS isnt a reliable mapwalking
    I haven't touched either of those in years lol. I guess I need to brush up on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just a fast Q, I was thinking of learning the scripting to release a GDK, And for more experience in new codes, As i have become really rusty.

If i were to release a GDK?
    Would you prefer it to be not released to public due to Leeching, But testing would be rather difficult.

Should i just make another bot?
    Other than that i was thinking a Red chin Monkey skele bot, Just for the sakes of testing and playing around with the walking and combat coding.

What do you guys think?
    And where would you suggest i start with the codes?
    I can do a little coding with simba and i understand some of the code, I'm just not sure with alot of the key words but the layout makes sense as i was quite skilled with VBS back in the day.

Don't judge me by my posts i'll easily surprise you.
    Last edited by Xydan; 03-31-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

• Use of TPAs (TPointArrays) I USE APTA IS THAT OK?
    • Custom object finding (that means using NO FindObj*, make up your own!) I STILL USE FINDOBJ IN THE SAME SCRIPT AS APTA IS HAT OK?
    • Use of auto-colouring IS THIS COLOR SPIRALS ETC? OR IS IT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT?
    • Walking (try not to use SPS, but instead try TPA walking/use RadialWalk) I USE SPS FOR WALKING BECAUSE IT IS A SHORT DISTANCE IS THIS OK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xtrapsp View Post
    • Custom object finding (that means using NO FindObj*, make up your own!) I STILL USE FINDOBJ IN THE SAME SCRIPT AS APTA IS HAT OK?
    • Use of auto-colouring IS THIS COLOR SPIRALS ETC? OR IS IT SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT?
    • Walking (try not to use SPS, but instead try TPA walking/use RadialWalk) I USE SPS FOR WALKING BECAUSE IT IS A SHORT DISTANCE IS THIS OK?
    As far the the walking goes, I would advise at least using dtm walking if it is short.
    A script that has complicated walking and uses things like radial walk would probably be looked on more favourably than a much shorter one, but I don't know your script so this may not really apply.

~Caotom

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xtrapsp View Post
    ATPA, remember when I told you what it is? So yes, you are using TPA's.
    In my opinion you can use both.
    And what comes to walking, if its short, I would just use RW or something (But thats me being stupid, so don't take my word for it.)
    There used to be something meaningful here.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frement View Post
    ATPA, remember when I told you what it is? So yes, you are using TPA's.
    In my opinion you can use both.
    And what comes to walking, if its short, I would just use RW or something (But thats me being stupid, so don't take my word for it.)
    Yea, but Villavu is strict Was just making sure

as for the walks SPS seemed best because DTM walking at castle wars is a bit wierd... SPS into bank then DTM's inside the bank to get closer to the bank booth is what I've done

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

forget DTM´s, start thinking in DDTM´s, TPA and RadialWalk because if you only use DTM´s or SPS forget about becoming member...trust me...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wister1 View Post
    forget DTM´s, start thinking in DDTM´s, TPA and RadialWalk because if you only use DTM´s or SPS forget about becoming member...trust me...
    so some people say use DTM's. Some say don't... I've used TPA's before... so that would explain my understanding... so why not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great guide.
    Progress Report:
    2/3

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wister1 View Post
    Wister i got SRL using sps... I love it... Yea i tried other methods but making custom maps and using sps from that is sexy as hell...

Look at the end of the dayc if you show your eager to learn all types of methods effectively im sure you'l get in

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

i aplied with my west keldagrim miner which uses dtm and i wasnt acepted cause it depended on dtms too much, oh well, i see to some they are more complacent, and to others not so much...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    177 Post(s)

For walking I was wondering what the method is that members like the most to see in scripts.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    423 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    For walking I was wondering what the method is that members like the most to see in scripts.
    I said. A variety, shows you know backups etc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just curious is there ways to become a member without creating a script? I do script when I get a chance and I am trying really hard to get it working, its a simple mining guild miner and banker. But I was wondering if it is possible to become a member for creating script - guides, general guides, helping out on posts or helping with basic issues?
    WGS + Rotm completed91/99 SummoningMining 83/90

Smart Botting Guide: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82519

Previously known as Rbd banned

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rbd banned View Post
    Just curious is there ways to become a member without creating a script? I do script when I get a chance and I am trying really hard to get it working, its a simple mining guild miner and banker. But I was wondering if it is possible to become a member for creating script - guides, general guides, helping out on posts or helping with basic issues?
    Impossible*.

SRL Members must be able to create working scripts of good quality.

However, creating guides and helping out around the forums can still earn you these nifty cups:
    - SRL Helper Cup
    - Useful Poster Cup
    - Tutorial Writer Cup

If you want to know more about what cups you can receive, go here: http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27792

Also, scripting knowledge will come in time

* There is the rare occasion you may be friends with the admin or have displayed previous experience in exceptional scripting in which case you can obtain the rank without the need of a script
    Last edited by Abu; 05-17-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What if, for instance, you and a friend work on a script and are both non-members. If both were applying could they use the same script if they reference each other?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrMonkeyPooPants View Post
    What if, for instance, you and a friend work on a script and are both non-members. If both were applying could they use the same script if they reference each other?
    I'm going to say no. One of you probably can't even use it. The script a user submits is supposed to be at least ~65% their work. And that which isn't needs to be properly credited. So if you have split the work it probably isn't going to get you in.

I appreciate the idea of a project being divided for a script, but it simply won't get you any traction applying for members.

And they definitely won't let two people in with the same script, no matter what.
    I'm Silent SPY
    Secret project: 0%
    Need help? Send me a PM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Is it absolutely necessary to have made a script to be a member?
    Or is there another way around it?
    What about the donation system?
    Sinking. Always. Sinking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Law and Justice View Post
    Is it absolutely necessary to have made a script to be a member?
    Or is there another way around it?
    What about the donation system?
    yes
    no
    no
    My scripts:
    Advanced Barb Agility Course(outdated), MonkeyThieverV0.11, MahoganyTableV0.4(outdated)
    Questions? I bet that for 98% of those, you'll find answer HERE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eska View Post
    yes
    no
    no
    Damn.
    Well, I was intending on donation anyway... But just out of curiosity, doe it do anything for my account? Give it a little more credibility?
    Sinking. Always. Sinking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information