Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ridiculous infractrions from automaton mods

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    un-lucky, i got a warning when my sig was too big...

EDIT:

holy jesus mods are editing my posts...
    that one was probably me. I give out warnings on sig not really into infractions for those as it's pretty minor. Unless of course the user refuses to change said sig.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    You consider me a checks and balance? I'm not sure whether to be pleased or outraged. As you can see, this checks and balance is getting stomped all over, continuously.

Of course they do it for a reason, but ask yourself, is the reason fully justified? There's lots of people on this thread who are complaining about unfair infractions they got. And look at it this way, the likelihood of one mod infracting another mod is substantially lower then a mod infracting a regular player.
    My stance on color is that I'm very impressed. It was undeniably the only client up after the bot nuke, and is much more advanced then people stated (I never believed them anyways).

Let me give you one circumstance. I remember a thread recently where some poor dude asked if the Dungeoneering bot on RareBot worked. He claimed he was too scared of getting keylogged or whatever by the site.
    And instead of you helping him out, with even one word "No", you and about 10 other members joined the witchhunt.
    Do these type of threads about RareBot show up too often? Absolutely, but it's a harmless question especially since there's no Dungeoneering script on here. Meanwhile, the dude was getting flamed for what? Two straight pages?

As for the infractions. It seems like WAY to many people have the power to infract. I've already been infracted on this thread for calling you a rooster - lol? For quoting someone else? Tell me these infractions were not wrong. Meanwhile, I'm sure you've already contributed your angry sentiments in giving me negative reputation.
    Just let me take a guess - you were the one who said "Grow up"?

So what I offer, as a solution, is a tribunal. People have the opportunity to
    a. Talk to mods to repeal infraction (which all the mods claim work)
    and if the mod(s) refuse(s), and the person thinks he's still being mistreated, then I suggest a type of e-court.
    You put your evidence and your side of the story before some kind of group/individual to rule upon. I would prefer SRL members (really undetermined atm) for this, any higher and I think your in the brotherhood (watch out for your own).
    This adds a judicial branch to your extremely powerful and influential executive branch.

Thoughts?
    First off negative rep and infractions are vastly different. You have received no infraction from this thread, only a warning.

Second, that is already in place. When you get an infraction, its not really hard to hit the reply button and send a message back to the issuer. If you disagree with the response, forward the message to an admin. It is really not that hard.
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Infractions arrant a big deal, we really don't need some ecourt system to vote on weather or not an infraction is justified or not... A bit overkill.

And I already stated in this thread long ago, if you have a problem with an infraction then PM the mod who gave you it. If you still have a problem then PM a few more mods for more opinions about it. Easy. Problem solved.

About the dung script thread, I doubt any of the flaming posts were made by staff.

Byam. Looks like hobbit and I posted at the same time with the same basic content.
    I think your questions and requests are all answered. Along with anyone else with problems with infractions. PM the mod/admin (or reply to the infraction) and if you still believe you're right then PM an admin.
    Last edited by YoHoJo; 03-03-2012 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Be polite and don't attack the person giving the infraction because they are more likely to hear your case if they aren't being mocked or threatened. All replies I receive for infractions I report higher so that other staff are aware of the situation. That is why more than one staff will address the situation when it escalates. The moment I received your Reply the other staff were made aware of it. If you had approached that reply better your one single infraction would have been reversed. Markus told you the only reason it wasn't going to be was because of the way you decided to handle that situation.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol ecourt. I can understand that you don't want to be judged by Masons only.

YoHoJo:whether.
    Triggers..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    Looking at your reaction here, I find that infraction quite appropriate, S1n; If you had just PMed BraK about it or reported the PM, then I would have been against the infraction..

All this childish posts complaining about your infractions only makes it worse. Man up and act like an adult, and you'll see your "problems" vanish..
    This. I can't believe this thread is even 5 pages long now.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” - John Lennon

Current Goal: 99/99 Def. 99/99 HP

Melee Maxed Goal Complete!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    You consider me a checks and balance? I'm not sure whether to be pleased or outraged. As you can see, this checks and balance is getting stomped all over, continuously.

Of course they do it for a reason, but ask yourself, is the reason fully justified? There's lots of people on this thread who are complaining about unfair infractions they got. And look at it this way, the likelihood of one mod infracting another mod is substantially lower then a mod infracting a regular player.
    My stance on color is that I'm very impressed. It was undeniably the only client up after the bot nuke, and is much more advanced then people stated (I never believed them anyways).

Let me give you one circumstance. I remember a thread recently where some poor dude asked if the Dungeoneering bot on RareBot worked. He claimed he was too scared of getting keylogged or whatever by the site.
    And instead of you helping him out, with even one word "No", you and about 10 other members joined the witchhunt.
    Do these type of threads about RareBot show up too often? Absolutely, but it's a harmless question especially since there's no Dungeoneering script on here. Meanwhile, the dude was getting flamed for what? Two straight pages?

As for the infractions. It seems like WAY to many people have the power to infract. I've already been infracted on this thread for calling you a rooster - lol? For quoting someone else? Tell me these infractions were not wrong. Meanwhile, I'm sure you've already contributed your angry sentiments in giving me negative reputation.
    Just let me take a guess - you were the one who said "Grow up"?

So what I offer, as a solution, is a tribunal. People have the opportunity to
    a. Talk to mods to repeal infraction (which all the mods claim work)
    and if the mod(s) refuse(s), and the person thinks he's still being mistreated, then I suggest a type of e-court.
    You put your evidence and your side of the story before some kind of group/individual to rule upon. I would prefer SRL members (really undetermined atm) for this, any higher and I think your in the brotherhood (watch out for your own).
    This adds a judicial branch to your extremely powerful and influential executive branch.

Thoughts?
    I honestly don't see why you'd be outraged, it's an online community, not something that affects you personally.

There are many people who want certain things to happen, yet, they don't so we respect their decisions. That's the thing, they own these forums, they were chosen for a reason to control these boards.

Wait, because other decided to flame on a thread that I posted on means what exactly? I honestly don't understand. Please cite your sources, like I asked you in my last post. If you're truly this "outraged", then you wouldn't have a problem linking to all the "horrible flaming" posts. Also, that post could of been avoided if the person just would of searched first, as that's been asked many times.

Only SSRL+ can infract, and to be honest, that's not a lot of people. Angry sentiments? Sorry, I don't get angry on the internet, since I can just walk away or work and totally forget about what's going on. Oh yes, I did say that, and I still think you should. You handled this thing entirely wrong.

The e-court idea is not needed, since YoHoJo and Hobbit both have explained why not.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Ok, I don't think you will give a single inch, but to be honest I don't do that either. I understand that is very annoying if you get an infraction which you believe is undeserved. This will always happen in a society where there is such a big grey undefined area in the rules. This grey area can be filled with the personal opinion of the members with powers to give infractions. When multiple people are posting on the edge it can happen that you will be the only one that gets an infraction. This may seem unfair, but you could prevent that by staying away from the edge and behave as mature as possible.

As for the negative reputation you have received, that isn't the moderators fault. Probably there are one or multiple users that decided that these posts were not wanted. The amount of reputation you currently have is a representation of the amount of respect you have earned in this community. When you create a thread like this, you will not earn a lot reputation, most users will think in the lines of why would you discuss this in the open, others might find it offensive as you seem to have a problem with most if not all SSRL+ members. It isn't really the moderators their problem. Release a few script or help some people out to gain some reputation if your think it's that important.

The idea of a system where members+ are voting for the correctness of a moderators behavior and decision to give an infraction horrifies me. I don't visit this forum to be a part of some sort of judge. I'm not here to make sure the moderators behave, that is the administrators "job". I also think that is going to create tension between certain members and moderators we do need in this community. I don't want to judge a moderator who is also a user from the society. With them giving you a infraction they will briefly show the inequality between the user and the moderator. This is not state that should exist between members and moderators. And I will never vote for that reason.

Also note we are a little color bot, why would we need an huge system to regulate infractions. You are a user right? We do offer scripts and tons of learning resources. We offer help if the question isn't asked a million times before. I will not visit this forum to be a judge. Just behave mature and you will never/rarely get an infraction.
    Last edited by masterBB; 03-03-2012 at 03:30 AM.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have always wondered why i have -21 rep -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

@Kyle - not sure why you're mad, I wasn't insulting you. I also don't have time to search, but when I tried I got this anyways "Searching has been disabled."
    Probably some technical issue.

I agree that I handled it wrong. But when I get an infraction for what I considered a BS reason, I'm really not the kind of person who just takes things.

I still advocate some other kind of tribunal. I know that mods don't like me.

@Mushini

You talking about Freemasons lol?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

BB, awesome post!

I never said I was mad? Where are you pulling that from?
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Quoted
    130 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    Ok, I don't think you will give a single inch, but to be honest I don't do that either. I understand that is very annoying if you get an infraction which you believe is undeserved. This will always happen in a society where there is such a big grey undefined area in the rules. This grey area can be filled with the personal opinion of the members with powers to give infractions. When multiple people are posting on the edge it can happen that you will be the only one that gets an infraction. This may seem unfair, but you could prevent that by staying away from the edge and behave as mature as possible.

As for the negative reputation you have received, that isn't the moderators fault. Probably there are one or multiple users that decided that these posts were not wanted. The amount of reputation you currently have is a representation of the amount of respect you have earned in this community. When you create a thread like this, you will not earn a lot reputation, most users will think in the lines of why would you discuss this in the open, others might find it offensive as you seem to have a problem with most if not all SSRL+ members. It isn't really the moderators their problem. Release a few script or help some people out to gain some reputation if your think it's that important.

The idea of a system where members+ are voting for the correctness of a moderators behavior and decision to give an infraction horrifies me. I don't visit this forum to be a part of some sort of judge. I'm not here to make sure the moderators behave, that is the administrators "job". I also think that is going to create tension between certain members and moderators we do need in this community. I don't want to judge a moderator who is also a user from the society. With them giving you a infraction they will briefly show the inequality between the user and the moderator. This is not state that should exist between members and moderators. And I will never vote for that reason.
    You summed my opinion up pretty well. We have a set of rules, rules that enforced by the SRL Staff, they all interpret the rules a little differently but we generally share the same opinions. If you're upset because you didn't abide by the rules or feel that you've received an infraction in error, then please just respond to the Infraction warning in private.

There's nothing ``wrong'' with the staff on this forum and we're not a ``communist'' forum, although I probably shouldn't take that seriously considering that you used the word to describe a public and open forum. We don't ``censor'' you, we just don't wish you to act in certain ways around our place. I'm sure you'll find that is the case in the real world and other (proper) online communities as well.

@Thread starter: If this doesn't appeal to you, feel free to leave.
    Last edited by Wizzup?; 03-03-2012 at 05:44 PM.

The best way to contact me is by email, which you can find on my website: http://wizzup.org
    I also get email notifications of private messages, though.

Simba (on Twitter | Group on Villavu | Website | Stable/Unstable releases
    Documentation | Source | Simba Bug Tracker on Github and Villavu )

My (Blog | Website)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information