Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous infractrions from automaton mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Ridiculous infractrions from automaton mods

Well let me begin to say that I know that I'm going to be flamed by the large majority of this site. Let me also include that I don't care, and that I'm impervious to mass pressure and am also totally flame-proof.
    My complaint is this;

Mods on this site are either:
    a. Prejudiced users who use their mod-ship privileges to exact revenge
    b. Mindless automatons who automatically infract without due process
    c. All of the above

I personally circled "c."

Let me start with Evidence (infraction) #1.

I agree totally agree that the majority of you probably evolved from apes. Me on the other hand, 100% human being (with no ape).
    I was infracted for: "Insulted Other Member(s)" by BraK

Now let me explain the circumstances. We were arguing religion, and many of the victimized atheists were using the theory of evolution as proof against Biblical creationism. Of course, many of them brought up the theory that humans evolved from primates. I merely agreed with them.
    Please explain IN DETAIL what was insulting about this message.
    To me it seems as if you get infracted for being a Christian on this site, and promoted for being atheist (hint to all you achievers).

Evidence (infraction) #2
    *Note, I am censoring this message so that delicate ears will not be offended.

Inappropriate Language BraK

Quote Originally Posted by BraK
    Dear Swagger,

You have received an infraction at SRL-Forums.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
    -------
    I can't begin to tell you all the things wrong with your post. First Do Not Cussing there are better alternatives. Second Don't insult other Members.
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=930897
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnzy View Post
    i got an infraction for saying the f word and kingarabian get's nothing... unfair!
    Don't feel bad, I found this on pastebin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nava2
    Dear Timer,

You have received an infraction at SRL-Forums.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
    -------
    Honestly, I'm getting sick of your immaturity around here.

Feel free to grow up, or at least leave until you do.

Cheers.
    -------

This infraction is worth 2 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=703033
    Quote Originally Posted by TRiLeZ View Post
    I'm gonna make some more patterns for more hooks and post the up-to-date hooks later today.
    Have fun.
    All the best,
    SRL-Forums
    (Response)
    "I Insulted him? Are you f****g mentally r******d? Go f**k yourself. Your the f****g one that is immature, you f*****g think everyone is f*****g immature, I mean, comon, what the F**K is wrong with you? Seriously, go f**k yourself--better yet, go f**k with Sh*tzup? <- that's insulting other members.
    Jesus f**k what is your problem.."
    All the best,
    SRL-Forums
    Really. I got infracted for quoting someone else's infraction. This site borders on Communism. You know, everyone in their perfect little utopia sharing everything -, but when you go against authority you get lined up for the firing squad. And all the little Simba's jump in like a bunch of sharks on the blood scent, because if they agree with you, then they're automatically a public enemy.
    Now for the infraction.
    Apparently I got infracted because it was not clear that I was quoting someone. NOT CLEAR they said.
    Please refer to the bolded parts in Evidence #2.
    1. "Don't feel bad, I found this on pastebin."
    E. Can this get much simpler?
    2. Under the infraction I put "(Response)" in parenthesis. It's obviously not
    my thoughts on the subject, after all, I don't even know the dude.
    When I confronted (actually, he confronted me) Markus he said this:
    After some research, yes we found that quote of you on Pastebin.
    Now. I would appreciate if all would focus on the message BraK sent me with the infraction (below).
    I can't begin to tell you all the things wrong with your post. First Do Not Cussing there are better alternatives. Second Don't insult other Members.
    I just have to say, I can't begin to tell you all the things wrong with your post. Over 4 grammatical errors in 3 sentences! Dude, are you serious? It looks like you reeled this thing off in 5 seconds. I doubt you even read the quote.

I would also like to point something out about this "Inappropriate Language" or "Do Not Cussing" as you put it.
    1. If this site has something about 'bad' language, then you should censor
    it. It's the next step to your Communist dreamworld anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by BraK View Post
    Personally I think people taking other peoples stuff that had enough trust to let them in are scum of the earth and lower than the shit of terrorists
    You really outdid yourself here BraK. I found this literally without searching, just saw it in the top results and quoted you. In this one sentence you both broke your "Do Not Cussing"/Inappropriate Language AS WELL as insulting the dude asking the question. Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus
    I read some other bullshit of you attacking me in this PM, which I'll ignore for now
    and
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus
    No North-Korea here, we'd get shit all over.
    Could have fooled me with the North-Korea stuff. I've been threatened with the ban-hammer for complaining about this

My third complaint also has to do with Evidence #2.
    If you look at what the dude was infracted for, you will see he was given 2 points for saying
    Have fun.
    Is there something wrong here?

That is all I have time to write right now, but it should be significant enough evidence for a drastic overhaul of the legal procedures on this site.

*I must say that despite quoting Markus, he has been quite a bit more reasonable than BraK.
    Last edited by Swagger; 03-01-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

I'm agreeing with you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sin View Post
    I'm agreeing with you.
    Where's the catch?

E: I've PM'd the two mods and am waiting for their response.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

What is new? lol
    GLH Tutorial ~ OpenGL Scripting
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1292150

GLH Scripts ~ Abyssal Scripts
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1293187
    Current Projects:
    A) DemiseSlayer Pro (Released/100%).
    B) Demise Power Miner(Released/100%).
    C) Demise Pyramid Plunder(Planning Stage/0%).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

You were infracted for inappropriate language which is against the rules. Sorry if you feel you are above all the other users here and above the rules. Have a very nice day

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Where's the catch?

E: I've PM'd the two mods and am waiting for their response.

There's no catch, i'm a bit annoyed at the fact that the mods have infracted a new member for making a simple mistake.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

You were infracted for inappropriate language which is against the rules. Sorry if you feel you are above all the other users here and above the rules. Have a very nice day
    I think he was more mad that mods were using what he considered to be inappropriate language and not being infracted if that makes sense

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

You got a infraction due to you breaking a rule... so why complaint?
    Let the higher ranks take care of each other.

Rough Example:
    • You see cops beating our butts when we curse at them, but at the donut shop they'll curse like no other.

Also, your not banned... It's just a infraction Mate, I have gotten so many infractions/warnings; I raged, but than realized what I had done was wrong and I had deserved every warning/infraction that I was given.

It has been discussed and argued already in BBQ Pit, so no need of another useless thread like this.

'Now c'mon no need to circle up, no fight over here' lol.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

The Timer case is different. He was collecting infractions.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

He quoted Timer.. Nothing wrong there..
    I agree totally agree that the majority of you probably evolved from apes. Me on the other hand, 100% human being (with no ape).
    Nothing wrong there.. =S

And yeah.. we've had this fight before.. I'm not going to bother saying anything about it except that I agree.. Happened to me too. Just gotta live with it lol. Just weird that it happens this many times and still nothing happens.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

I don't see why it's such a big deal when someone gets infracted. You can't see who gets infracted or not, so you can' say people who are higher ups don't get them.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ashaman88 View Post
    I think he was more mad that mods were using what he considered to be inappropriate language and not being infracted if that makes sense
    Everyone gets something done not just lower ranked users. When I do something wrong 9/10 I'm told about it(normally by hobbit he loves me <3) The point is no rank is exempt from the rules they apply all the way up the chain. Not everyone can see what a user is getting which we get more complaints about than anything. stuff like why should I get an infraction when such and such didn't. How do they know that users didn't already get an infraction.

"Sometimes User's don't need the Answer spelled out with Code. Sometimes all they need is guidance and explanation of the logic to get where they are going."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

There's one of these threads a month it seems, it's annoying.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

This is the umpteen thread I've seen on this issue. Just brush them chips off your shoulder and move on? It really shouldn't concern you too much, infractions mean nothing except if you get a shed load (and that'll only happen if your actually doing something genuinely wrong) or brake some other big rule (i.e. Leaking).
    Nearly maxed, woowweee.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Nava2 is known to give out some bull shit unnecessary infractions. #JustSayin

As for Brak, he's usually fair. He wants this forum to be clean and he does a good job of doing it. If you cuss in a post, expect a warning or an infraction that's how it is.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)

That just proves how ignorant you are to other people's opinions in my opinion. But I actually found that post quite funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSnob View Post
    ETA's don't exist in SRL like they did in other communities. Want a faster update? Help out with updating, otherwise just gotta wait it out.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Everyone gets something done not just lower ranked users. When I do something wrong 9/10 I'm told about it(normally by hobbit he loves me <3) The point is no rank is exempt from the rules they apply all the way up the chain. Not everyone can see what a user is getting which we get more complaints about than anything. stuff like why should I get an infraction when such and such didn't. How do they know that users didn't already get an infraction.
    Yeah that makes sense. I didn't know that all infractions were private.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It happens.
    Everyone's evil.
    Triggers..

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

The Bashing Club / BBQ Pit While we are gentle and profound on all other Forums, The Bashing Club is a merry exception to this rule. Feel like flaming? spit it all out at the BBQ Pit...
    You quoted me cussing in the one section made for it. Congratulations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would like to clear something up on this forum. I am not mad. These infractions were given a good bit of time ago, and getting a slap on the wrist from an internet forum bothers me very little. I didn't even ask for them to be repealed in this thread, even though I think that they really should.

The point of this thread is that I think mods are giving infractions for basically nothing. Posting "Have fun " can give you an infraction. I'm surprised that I got pretty positive responses. That ape quote was a harmless joke - and it shouldn't be insulting for people who were just seconds ago arguing for evolution. The other infraction was for quoting someone else lol.
    Mods are basically untouchable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Undefined View Post
    There's one of these threads a month it seems, it's annoying.
    I won't lie, I find you very annoying.

@BraK
    Are you saying that I can cuss all I want in the BBQ? And how do you account for your horrible grammar - you know, the 5 second report you gave me lmao.

Question:
    Is BraK the only mod really giving out infractions? I find it annoying/suspicious that all my infractions come from him (even though it's obvious he doesn't always have time as seen from the half-as*ed 2nd report).
    Last edited by Swagger; 03-02-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Ha, good, and? It's the idiots who don't do anything to benefit this community that are annoyed by the ones who actually care.
    Last edited by Kyle Undefined; 03-02-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Are you saying that I can cuss all I want in the BBQ?
    Please read some of the threads in there and know that they don't have infractions on them.

http://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Infractions don't really mean anything(usually), except to watch yourself in the future.

This being the BBQ Pit and all....if you find a problem with authority being "corrupt" or whatever here, then you are not in reality. This community is one of the VERY FEW I have ever seen where the authority figures would do ANYTHING to benefit the community and have the best interests for EVERYONE in mind.

Currently: Working on Defending&Attacking in my Castle-Wars Script
    Project Rebuild: 90M/170M

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Stop quoting timer. That isn't relevant. He didn't get the infraction for posting "Have fun". He was childish and immature in a lot of his posts. He was scar orientated and always wanted everything different. That's fine till a certain degree. They got a long history with Timer, he was banned before.

The problem with moderaters and adminstrators in an online community is that they aren't just cops that are paid to keep an eye on us. They have goals no different than ours. Creating an awesome community around the SRL runescape library. And I think they are doing a great job an are acting mature and responsible. You have to remember they aren't payed for this nor do they get any benefit except for the respect of the SRL community.

Also Brak doesn't live in England but Germany. I don't say this is true in his case, but in mine it is. It costs more time to write something in English then in my mother language. Not much, as I've, or at least I believe, a decent knowledge about the English language. But when I make a lot of grammar errors, then I just tried to type something fast. At my normal type speed. Maybe this is also the case with Brak.

Another point where moderater/adminstrator may seem to have an unfair advantage on you is that they got more power than you. It's always difficult to work with a 'boss', just because the power levels aren't equal. You shouldn't be equal. And just think about it, the boss only requires you too behave. So yes, you can't harm them as they run the place, you are merely a guest to this community. Of course the whole community exist out of users, and SRL members aren't different. But they gave up the equal powers when they become moderator, this is a bigger sacrifice than you think it is. Everyone will always notice you have a higher rank in every thread.

They normally only pick out the bad posts, and give an infraction or two. I do not think that those examples you posted are that big of a deal. I can see what the thought where behind your "all atheist are apes" post, cause it's on the edge. They probably wouldn't except an "all Christians are pedophile" post either. Try not to forget about it but learn from it, and if you're uncertain where you crossed a line feel free to ask it. But these threads are annoying in the sense that you tell Brak he did his job wrong, cause you set your limits at other heights.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Yall have to understand that when we give out infractions here, it's for you're own good - and for the communities sake. You know when a cop gives you a ticket for speeding? Same thing, so you won't get into accidents and to protect the public. Some Admin's/Mod's give infractions based on their own opinions on what they see right or wrong. Some cops give you a ticket if you go 5 miles over the speed limit, and some are more lenient.
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information