Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Kony 2012

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    Really is great video. I stumbled upon it after 5 hours after being released.

When I first watched it, I knew it would be viral and everyone would jump on to it.

The point is to raise awareness. But everyone is bitching that only 30% of profits go to the organization while the rest goes to staff who's working on it. I see no problem with that.
    Giving money to the Ugandan government isn't going to change 1 bit at all. If a group of people are committed to really helping those kids, I rather they take the first step themselves and create a non profit organization based in Uganda rather than in the safety of their own homeland
    Last edited by slushpuppy; 03-09-2012 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

One does not simply depose a Ugandan Warlord by posting on a forum..

I'll post the meme later, at school atm.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Not going to lie, all my friends are starting to hype this up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Kony puts the infant in infantry

I found this on youtube today thought some people might be interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdBcypx1DfE its an interview with Joseph Kony.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

And LOL @ Flea's comment

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

I've shared that video a lot during the past week. Maybe jagex will get an idea from this and make a "bot nuke 2012" campaign. Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

This guy is just as worse as hitler and stallin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    Really is great video. I stumbled upon it after 5 hours after being released.

When I first watched it, I knew it would be viral and everyone would jump on to it.

The point is to raise awareness. But everyone is bitching that only 30% of profits go to the organization while the rest goes to staff who's working on it. I see no problem with that.
    Let me break it down for you. Roughly 37% goes to directly helping the Ugandan kids. Of this 37%, about one third goes towards their Legacy Scholarship Program, which in itself is a good idea. However, this only helps 6 - 800 kids, explain how this is fair?

Of the remaining 63% of money made, around one half goes to "awareness programs". These are creating websites and full production videos, like the one linked in OP. What a waste of money... Spend a little less on video production(IIRC, it was something like $800, 000 spent last year on video's).

The remaining roughly 30% goes straight to the people running this organisation.

On the first day of the video posted, around 7,000,000 watched it. If even 1%(70,000) people donated the $15 a month they ask for, they are receiving $1,050,000 a month (They earnt around $11m last year, so this is quite feasible).

So that means that $388, 500 goes towards directly helping the ugandan kids.

Since around 1/3rd goes towards the Legacy program, that means $128, 205 goes towards helping 600-800 people. While $256, 410 goes towards the other tens of thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands of kids. Again, explain how this is fair?

Roughly $330, 750 is going into making websites, movies etc. This could seriously help more children. Why do they need such expensive movies and websites?

This then also means roughly about $330, 750 is going to the people who run Invisible Children.

NOTE: These are rough MONTHLY figures, now tell me who the good and bad guys are. Not to mention Kony left about 6 years ago.

I am not against the cause, but rather, i am against the means to the ends. Why spend so much money on other things, that could be directly helping the children.

PS. The government is corrupt and Africa has allowed itself to be like this. You remove Kony and another will just take his place. Also, how do you feel about the army of children being decimated by a real army trying to capture Kony. Is so many childrens deaths worth the capture of one mans?

EDIT: I just realised, the video is also now up to 60, 000, 000. This means more money every month to waste on videos and salaries.
    Last edited by Jagex_Fagex; 03-10-2012 at 05:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagex_Fagex View Post
    I am not against the cause, but rather, i am against the means to the ends. Why spend so much money on other things, that could be directly helping the children.

PS. The government is corrupt and Africa has allowed itself to be like this. You remove Kony and another will just take his place. Also, how do you feel about the army of children being decimated by a real army trying to capture Kony. Is so many childrens deaths worth the capture of one mans?

EDIT: I just realised, the video is also now up to 60, 000, 000. This means more money every month to waste on videos and salaries.
    Considering 1/3rd of their campaign is based around awareness it makes sense why 1/3rd of their budget is advertising. I agree that number seems high for advertising but they want to start with awareness. If people are not into a non profit organization that spends money on ads they simply shouldn't donate.

From their site
    Invisible Children’s mission is to stop LRA violence and support the war-affected communities in East and Central Africa. These are the three ways we achieve this mission; each is essential:

1) Make the world aware of the LRA. This includes making documentary films and touring them around the world so that they are seen for free by millions of people.

2) Channel energy from viewers of IC films into large-scale advocacy campaigns to stop the LRA and protect civilians.

3) Operate programs on the ground in LRA-affected areas that provide protection, rehabilitation and development assistance.

As you will see, we spend roughly one third of our money on each of these three goals. This three-prong approach is what makes Invisible Children unique. Some organizations focus exclusively on documenting human rights abuses, some focus exclusively on international advocacy or awareness, and some focus exclusively on on-the-ground development. We do all three. At the same time. This comprehensive model is intentional and has proven to be very effective.
    Last edited by lilcmp1; 03-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilcmp1 View Post
    Considering their whole campaign is based around awareness it makes sense why 1/3rd of their budget is advertising. I agree that number seems high for advertising but they want to start with awareness. If people are not into a non profit organization that spends money on ads they simply shouldn't donate.

From their site
    1/3 of their money on each goals.. there are 3 goals

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I have come to the conclusion that this is a complete fake/scam. Uganda own a lot of oil that the west want, the truth is Joseph Kony is innocent, watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_W7hQVfkwA

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

If someone in the US Government started this whole Kony crap for getting people to support a war which in reality is for oil... That's some genius fucking politics. Pure genius. Kony will be "hiding in the mountains" and the U.S. will be pumping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The u.s has known about this for almost 12 years+ and hasn't done anything. But about 2 weeks ago they found a oil reserve, and now we are going to help? Damn our Gov. are some greedy bastards, i mean come on..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotReligious View Post
    Reading some of the youtube comments makes me so bloody angry...

"This is only propaganda!" ... FOR WHAT? The USA could go to any African country where they are braking human rights any time they want just for this reason. They don't need this film, so it is pretty darn obvious that they just did not want to go untill people cared.

This has indeed been going on for a long time. And it was mentioned in documentaries, (which I have seen long before this film) and human rights movements kept talking about it. But virtually no one listened to these types of things.

As said in the video, sharing things in the internet can do wonders..
    you want another war ? why don't you sign up my friend, the americans cannot willy nilly go to war with any country they need permission from the U.N. (legally) of-course even if denied they can just go through N.A.T.O. which is a ridiculous cheat, the U.N. does absolutely nothing.

they go from Iraq to Afghanistan to Libya and now you want them in uganda ? there is NO NEED for military occupation when every news organization already Tell's you kony has fled from Uganda and his whereabouts are unknown.

this video is talking about UGANDA not AFRICA, learn the difference. btw SOUTH Africa is doing just fine and has no human rights violations that im aware of.

haven't watched the film because i don't care, why don't you go and donate to the charity that comes on every day asking for a dollar a day ? because your all little lemmings.

so follow follow little lemming, follow your friend over that cliff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

in feb 2012 alot of oil was recently discovered in uganda. in 2006 kony fled uganda along with his army. tell me, who are we raising all this money to stop again?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

20 years ago they arranged peace with kony, and kony hasnt been active since. looks like to me they needed a "passport" to enter uganda.. for what? Oil perhaps?

Code:
    • Narcle: I recall Jukka releasing a bunch of scripts like this before... Its how he rolls I think. rofl
    • Solarwind: Dude, you are like... t3h s3x.
    • Hy71194: JuKKa you're a machine! You released 3 scripts in 10 minutes! :O
    • benjaa: woah.... Jukka is the man Guildminer pwns all
    • NaumanAkhlaQ: And JuKKa Is my Her0!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuKKa View Post
    20 years ago they arranged peace with kony, and kony hasnt been active since. looks like to me they needed a "passport" to enter uganda.. for what? Oil perhaps?
    Stupid american government will always be a stupid american government if you ask me.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuKKa View Post
    Like I said it's genius of them to make the whole thing a viral sensation...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

not intend to be against anybody believes, but im gonna try to see this issue a more critical way.
    First of all im not giving any good or bad judgement. and all this is going to be from my point of view

the point of the whole video is to appeal to people feelings instead of their rational part.
    this story of the friend is very convincing, although i dont have any proof.
    how can a person that killed 30k people can be the number 1 on the list if thay are other people that kill even more families children. like narcotraffic especialy: Diego Beltran Leyva or the chapo guzman in mexico this narcotraffic organization have killed hundreds of K of people including kids. they also own the children prostitution and drugs bussiness in latinamerica. (im not trying to say he is a "good guy" or a saint, but im shure he is not the number one in the list (ora that he should not be the number 1)

The way i see the U.S. (not intended to attack any nation, but only the way i see histor) perform before a war is to give an excuse to attack people on other places. like the Irack war is being excuse with terrorist. i wouldn't be surprised if U.S. send an invation to Uganda soon to attack this guy. (only ex peculation)

the rumors of oil in Uganda. (not trying to state anything, only seeing the external factors)

the problems of extraction of that oil. ( LRA is being involucred in this also many other army groups)

they are also rumors that Kony is safe in the Congo and not in Uganda.

and the last thing, why do the U.S. army should be involve in this? why not Swiss army or the army of japan?

well i think that many armys should be involve in this not only Us. and have a country that can moderate the issue.

please be civilized and we can start a debate in this (not a fight of opinions) also if you think i have incorrect information or my opinions aren't stable enough please let me know
    Btw if this is real im also srry for the kids, becouse in mexico we see many issues involving kids and i now how it feels

Edit: i had found this vide and if this persons is the real kony he seems really good person. but it can be aacted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_W7hQVfkwA

you can compare it with th e other video
    Last edited by eduardo230; 03-15-2012 at 10:06 PM.
    you can buy me, my work, my goals, even you can buy my spirit, but Theres something youll never buy. my indomitable thirst of life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

this is funny read this http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/ko...205649394.html

probably going to cause some trouble for this project

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the flea View Post
    this is funny read this http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/ko...205649394.html

probably going to cause some trouble for this project
    That is nuts lol. Thanks for sharing

I can't believe he would do that, jeopardizing all their work. What a fool. I hope he is ashamed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't donate to invisible children like 30% of the profits go to Kony2012 and 70% of the profits go to them, google it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Convex View Post
    Don't donate to invisible children like 30% of the profits go to Kony2012 and 70% of the profits go to them, google it
    Well that's not the whole truth

http://www.invisiblechildren.com.s3-...ofexpenses.jpg

Roughly 16% goes to management. The rest is their programs.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

The director just got hospitalized for running around in his under-wear and screaming...
    Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingarabian View Post
    The director just got hospitalized for running around in his under-wear and screaming...
    I thought he was arrested

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information