Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Kony 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Joseph Kony 2012

Soo I'm pretty sure you all watch youtube videos and have probably come across this video but, danm did it hit me hard.

It'd be awesome if you guys could share it as much as possible, it's a huge issue which has been ignored for years now.

Every little thing makes a big difference I know it's cliche but it's danm true, anyways here is the video, hopefully you pay attention to it and spread awareness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

I know most of you are around 10-19 ish which is not a bad thing, don't take it wrongly, probably live in a developed country and have a pretty good life overall. But put yourself on these kids shoes man, it's just sickening at how they live.

Thanks for taking your time to read and hopefully watching the whole video.

12 / 4 / 2012 / [EDIT]: Well I'm pretty sure all of you know that this was sort of a publicity stunt, but on the bright side of things this video had a huge impact on teenagers and young adults. It was like a huge wake up call and it was everywhere for a week. In a way I was glad this was posted because, in my case it really shook me from my comfort zone, I knew this sort of stuff was happening but I wasn't quite up to date on the magnitude of the issue. Thanks for posting and sharing your opinions about this issue.
    Last edited by typestyle; 04-13-2012 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Thank you for posting this, was great video I shared it to a few people as well .

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It really tugs on the heart strings. I've seen it a few places and I'm glad I hope more people watch it at least to be aware.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

wow... this is really good. already shared it with people

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    120 Post(s)

This is amazing and eye opening I just watched it before coming here and saw someone posted about it
    Current Project: Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagex_Fagex View Post
    I lol'd in the middle of class.

The video is touching, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They might catch him but then another douchebag will take over. Humans <3

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jagex_Fagex View Post
    Well isn't that exactly the point of this "agenda"? To RAISE awareness?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

this is an interesting addition to the video. If you are going to watch the video I recommend you read this http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for sharing this video. I showed it to my wife aswell

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Will check this out after I get home from the office.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Really is great video. I stumbled upon it after 5 hours after being released.

When I first watched it, I knew it would be viral and everyone would jump on to it.

The point is to raise awareness. But everyone is bitching that only 30% of profits go to the organization while the rest goes to staff who's working on it. I see no problem with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post
    Really is great video. I stumbled upon it after 5 hours after being released.

When I first watched it, I knew it would be viral and everyone would jump on to it.

The point is to raise awareness. But everyone is bitching that only 30% of profits go to the organization while the rest goes to staff who's working on it. I see no problem with that.
    Hopefully if they raise significantly more than expected they would share more than 30%

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I feel strongly against how every time something in the world is wrong, that America, or Canada(attempt) try their best to do nothing but make it better, yet end up wasting more government money, which means higher taxes. I'm against this... plus, some don't even know how long this is going on and only NOW they're raising awareness? Like wake up people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxin View Post
    I feel strongly against how every time something in the world is wrong, that America, or Canada(attempt) try their best to do nothing but make it better, yet end up wasting more government money, which means higher taxes. I'm against this... plus, some don't even know how long this is going on and only NOW they're raising awareness? Like wake up people.
    So what you're saying is that we shouldn't even try to save kids even if it doesn't work? We should just sit back and just do nothing? The only way to bring about change is to actually do something. Not sitting in a fucking corner thinking, "Oh gawd, my money is at risk; there is no personal gain for me!" You really value money more than peoples' lives? Sad.

Rather raise awareness about something late than never.
    Last edited by uz3; 03-08-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    267 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uz3 View Post
    So what you're saying is that we shouldn't even try to save kids even if it doesn't work? We should just sit back and just do nothing? The only way to bring about change is to actually do something. Not sitting in a fucking corner thinking, "Oh gawd, my money is at risk; there is no personal gain for me!" You really value money more than peoples' lives? Sad.

Rather raise awareness about something late than never.
    Do not attack other members. Keep this discussion civil or it will be ended.

Why judge him for that? Is it not the reason that the US did not intervene sooner over the last 26 years? They even admit it.
    STOP PM'ING ME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I had this in my signature before it was mainstream

But, on a more serious note, this article does a decent job of summing up most of the arguments for both sides.

plus, some don't even know how long this is going on and only NOW they're raising awareness? Like wake up people.
    They've actually been working on it for several years now. I suppose it really just takes someone who knows about it, who has the will to do something about it, and a plan to get it done. But these are hard people to come by, which is likely part of why it took so long.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Reading some of the youtube comments makes me so bloody angry...

Here are a few; "White people are only doing this so that they could claim that they helped the black people." ...
    "Yeah, teach us that black people are bad!" (wtf is up with that logic anyway)
    "This is only propaganda!" ... FOR WHAT? The USA could go to any African country where they are braking human rights any time they want just for this reason. They don't need this film, so it is pretty darn obvious that they just did not want to go untill people cared.

... Some people just see bad in everything. There were also some comments about this being a Jew / Freemason set up. .. This world that we live in could use a healthy dose of logic every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Toxin View Post
    I'm against this... plus, some don't even know how long this is going on and only NOW they're raising awareness? Like wake up people.
    This has indeed been going on for a long time. And it was mentioned in documentaries, (which I have seen long before this film) and human rights movements kept talking about it. But virtually no one listened to these types of things.

As said in the video, sharing things in the internet can do wonders..
    Last edited by NotReligious; 03-08-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

the main problem is that many high ranking officials in the US army have admitted there is very little they can do to help.
    How do you fight a war against an army of children? They can't command their soldiers to shoot at them can they? Think of what people would be saying if that was the case.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the flea View Post
    the main problem is that many high ranking officials in the US army have admitted there is very little they can do to help.
    How do you fight a war against an army of children? They can't command their soldiers to shoot at them can they? Think of what people would be saying if that was the case.
    A good point. What we need here is some Michael Weston.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the flea View Post

They do shoot at them. And in this case I think it is understandable, I mean anyone who is pointing a gun at you is dangerous. Of course they try to get the children to surrender, but if the kids are really young or drugged they wont fear anything. Thus they will die. (and this is one of the reason children are used, they are easy to manipulate and there are always more of them)

As you said, it is not easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam View Post
    Hopefully if they raise significantly more than expected they would share more than 30%
    Do you really believe a charity with a history of fraud would? Raising more money just means more money in their pocketbooks...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

they only give 30% of their incomst to children in uganda and they works with the military in uganda this video is very fake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

''American war machine propaganda plain and fucking simple. There are thousands of Konys in South America, the Middle East and Africa. Anyone hear about the recent oil wells discovered in Uganda?

Yeah. This whole thing spread too fast, too far and too feverishly, like an epidemic of bullshit propaganda. Believe it if you want but it's just one persons view. I'd like to see Konys video, to hear Konys side of the story, before I legitimize an invasion or attempts to assassinate him.''

- Supaduck0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information