Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epicbot*has virus.(how to correctly uninstall)*****

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Then i guess we can just wait ;(
    I would suggest changing your pass daily and not use a credit card on your computer^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember telling people epicbot was a virus and i showed them my virus scan and they said: STFU paranoid kid. Ur AV is wrong. trololo they probably all got hacked

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Everyone here is in denial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jfalko View Post
    Everyone here is in denial
    How r we in denial when there are accounts being hacked left n right

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rice View Post
    How r we in denial when there are accounts being hacked left n right
    He means all the noobs saying "Oh I haven't been hacked yet! Must be safe!'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^this
    Search the keyword "epicbot" and you'll find atleast 20 posts with noobs saying "I've been using for 6 hours to 4 days and I haven't been hacked yet! Haha its totally safe!" No! It means they have too many accounts to steal banks from and haven't gotten to you yet! Stupid noobs!

We need a *face-keyboard* smiley!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ggzz View Post
    Epic bot itself doesn't have a virus.. if u monitored it with Process Explorer and GMer or watch it execute with OllyDbg and WireShark or a packetsniffer/monitoring tool you'd know that.. What flags this thing is actually the shitload of ads and thirdparty software.. The thirdparty stuff is full blown malware for sure though. Could possibly be associated with epicbot.. but the bot itself has nothing.

Also if your playing around with testing bots and don't have outbound connections(Except RS) in your firewall blocked for that application then you have problems..
    I don't think that specific application would connect to any extra ports. The RAT and other goodies that get installed wouldn't be subject to those rules.
    I'm back

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

I'll be completely honest. I've been using Epicbot, and Simba. Epicbot still hasn't stolen my account. It's an OK account. 30m on it... level 70 range pure.. nothing special..
    but, still hasn't been taken.. Just saying, don't download all of the extra shit that somes with it, because they ARE viruses.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I haven't paid much attention to any of this at all, but from what I've gathered the supporters stance is mainly "hey, it doesn't install this known malware/adware to your computer unless you accept it hurr durr". The bot trying to install anything like that at all instantly makes me suspicious as fudge about it. Not to mention hearing about lots of Epicbot/Rarebot users suddenly starting to get hacked (apparently mostly by chinese people) all the time.

Now of course there's tons of people saying "well, i havent been hacked! (yet)", but if I was some greedy butthole stealing the info of tons of accounts, I would probably empty them at a slow pace at first, so the majority of users will just assume it's the individuals fault, and they will say things like "Hey, I haven't had any trouble! This is legit! (for now at least)".

I heard Jagex is releasing another nuke "soon" (scheduled this month or next?), too. Whenever that happens I highly suggest getting rid of anything related to EB and any bots like it and instantly changing all passes. If Jagex does a good job the admins might just think "fudge this poopoo, lets just clean as many accs as we can and kill this project, so we can run with the money.". Wouldn't even be surprising in todays RS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GoF View Post
    I haven't paid much attention to any of this at all, but from what I've gathered the supporters stance is mainly "hey, it doesn't install this known malware/adware to your computer unless you accept it hurr durr". The bot trying to install anything like that at all instantly makes me suspicious as fudge about it. Not to mention hearing about lots of Epicbot/Rarebot users suddenly starting to get hacked (apparently mostly by chinese people) all the time.

Now of course there's tons of people saying "well, i havent been hacked! (yet)", but if I was some greedy butthole stealing the info of tons of accounts, I would probably empty them at a slow pace at first, so the majority of users will just assume it's the individuals fault, and they will say things like "Hey, I haven't had any trouble! This is legit! (for now at least)".

I heard Jagex is releasing another nuke "soon" (scheduled this month or next?), too. Whenever that happens I highly suggest getting rid of anything related to EB and any bots like it and instantly changing all passes. If Jagex does a good job the admins might just think "fudge this poopoo, lets just clean as many accs as we can and kill this project, so we can run with the money.". Wouldn't even be surprising in todays RS.
    This is exactly what I've been saying!! People are so stupid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That says it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Au_.exe executable file belongs to the rogue anti-spyware program, SpyFalcon. This malicious program camouflages itself as an anti-spyware utility when in fact it is a Trojan. This malware has the capability to infiltrate your computer through security exploits and install itself along with other Trojans. What the file basically does is hijack the user’s desktop and changes user settings to make it function according to its own requirements.

Au_.exe is also linked to many other spyware, adware and cloaked malware groups. Where some say that the origin of this Trojan is unknown, some are of the opinion that the malicious software to which the file belongs can be downloaded easily from manufacturer’s website. The file is also said to be a part of the Arovax Anti-Spyware software. This may be probable, as the initial description says that this executable pretends to be an anti-spyware application.

How Au_.exe Infects your PC

The following are some of the ways au_.exe is known to affect the PC it infects:

Deletes essential processes from the disk
    Executing harmful processes stored in temporary folders
    Creates other potentially dangerous processes on your system.
    Uses HTTP protocols to communicate with other computer systems for malicious purposes.
    Adds bad entries to the registry.
    Hijacks system processes to delete links in the Start Menu and can be a source of annoyance for many users.
    Looks at what’s inside the autoexec.bat file and invades your privacy by reading email addresses and phone book details.

IF you have downloaded this bot, and you are seeing decreases in PC performance, files disappearing, or anything else strange, open task manager, go to processes, Select: Show processes from all users, look for Au_.exe, and end it, then go to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp, if you see a folder ~nsu.tmp open it, and see if there is a program with the Epicbot icon, if so, go back and delete the ~nsu.tmp and restart your computer.

laughing my head off as i read this. honestly its not a virus. want proof? extract the so called malicious virus download the real virus that will screw your computer and compare the two by scanning with the trusted malware bytes or avast. dont post about things you dont know just to hate on an injection bot, and by the way i can copy and paste too.

so i went ahead and checked the old spy falcon website. guess what? their gone... what? is it possible yes, is spyfalcon still around yes, now here is the tricky crap spy falcon has nothing to do with epic bot, therefore epic bot wouldn't touch spy falcon. spy falcon only does spy falcon it doesn't help others i hope you get the jest of things this is also copy and pasted.
    Last edited by superbuster4; 03-20-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: got more info.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superbuster4 View Post
    laughing my head off as i read this. honestly its not a virus. want proof? extract the so called malicious virus download the real virus that will screw your computer and compare the two by scanning with the trusted malware bytes or avast. dont post about things you dont know just to hate on an injection bot, and by the way i can copy and paste too.

so i went ahead and checked the old spy falcon website. guess what? their gone... what? is it possible yes, is spyfalcon still around yes, now here is the tricky crap spy falcon has nothing to do with epic bot, therefore epic bot wouldn't touch spy falcon. spy falcon only does spy falcon it doesn't help others i hope you get the jest of things this is also copy and pasted.
    You're an idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Epicbot isn't a virus, and I pity those poor fools with foil tophats who think it is.
    Epicbot has a two part profit mechanism:
    1. Users who buy Pro scripts.
    2. Advert powered installer.

While it sucks that they have whored their bot installer out to these rogue software makers, it does not mean that the payload software is malicious. There are MANY freeware programs out there that are totally benign and accomplish much needed tasks, but have installers that try to give you garbage toolbars, hijack your searches, or worse. It's part of the web today, get used to it and be smart when installing things, always say no to the extra 'offers'. Common sense.

I have 6 accounts I run using epicbot, and I have for a long time. Not "lolz 6 hours no ban and account isnt hacked", but countless hours, a purple phat, and almost a bil in cash between the 6. If there was hacking going on, I'd have been hacked by now.

Here's the kicker: Kids that bot, as a general rule, have a tendency to download anything if it promises to do what they want. So add that to the fact that they're too slow to understand how an advert installer works, and boom; you have someone who downloads Epicbot, and 6 other things in about an hour. One of those other things is infected and steals their stuff. GG. They then cry to forums:
    omg giuse, epicbot stole my acct infos and all my gold is gone and my character naked. no, id never download any keyloggers pretending to be gold h4x lolz, plz gief gold im broked. anyone kno were i can download a gold h4x (that's infested with spyware so I can lose my account again?)
    ...but anyone with a brain knows exactly how they got infected.

I'm sorry to those of you who have fallen prey to account thieves. If it makes you feel better, those people have a lot of practice...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

^^ thank god someone has some understanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

i got a virusscanner but it didnt say anyting to me
    Meep!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CrysisMK2 View Post
    Epicbot isn't a virus, and I pity those poor fools with foil tophats who think it is.
    Epicbot has a two part profit mechanism:
    1. Users who buy Pro scripts.
    2. Advert powered installer.

While it sucks that they have whored their bot installer out to these rogue software makers, it does not mean that the payload software is malicious. There are MANY freeware programs out there that are totally benign and accomplish much needed tasks, but have installers that try to give you garbage toolbars, hijack your searches, or worse. It's part of the web today, get used to it and be smart when installing things, always say no to the extra 'offers'. Common sense.

I have 6 accounts I run using epicbot, and I have for a long time. Not "lolz 6 hours no ban and account isnt hacked", but countless hours, a purple phat, and almost a bil in cash between the 6. If there was hacking going on, I'd have been hacked by now.

Here's the kicker: Kids that bot, as a general rule, have a tendency to download anything if it promises to do what they want. So add that to the fact that they're too slow to understand how an advert installer works, and boom; you have someone who downloads Epicbot, and 6 other things in about an hour. One of those other things is infected and steals their stuff. GG. They then cry to forums: ...but anyone with a brain knows exactly how they got infected.

I'm sorry to those of you who have fallen prey to account thieves. If it makes you feel better, those people have a lot of practice...
    This. Tired of this ignorance on this topic lawl, and I'm pretty sure "Unchecking the boxes" doesn't work. They are smarter than that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FifthDimension View Post
    This. Tired of this ignorance on this topic lawl, and I'm pretty sure "Unchecking the boxes" doesn't work. They are smarter than that.
    It does work. Use a VM and watch it with procmon + filesystem filters on.

That's how I've done it from the beginning, and it's always been clean for me.

I run Comodo AV on paranoid mode, so I am alerted when a program so much as tries to scratch it's ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I downloaded epicbot, I did a full uninstallation of adware programs. After doing so I found this thread, looked in my temp folder and found no ~nsu.temp and did a full AV sweep with BitDefender and found nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok just to clear this mess up. the adds is how they make money. if you download the spam its ur stupidity. do not post about ones stupidity and trying to say epic bot is infected with spy falcon, just stop yourself.

ignorance leads to stupidity, stupidity leads to war.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by superbuster4 View Post
    ok just to clear this mess up. the adds is how they make money. if you download the spam its ur stupidity. do not post about ones stupidity and trying to say epic bot is infected with spy falcon, just stop yourself.

ignorance leads to stupidity, stupidity leads to war.
    yep. your right. I'm happy I'm a supporter of 3 different RS botting websites, its quite an interesting sight seeing how everybody can never get along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes because the extra installation crap has anything to do with wanting rsgp? That's some crappy toolbar makers goal? I think not. Who wants to hack your account and take your gold? The person that added a virus to epic/rs/anythingelse bot if they aren't open source they are a virus. Plain and simple. Why would someone want to hide their source from their users? Because it has a virus in it!!!

"Oh I've been using it on accounts with 1b+ and maxed stats and I haven't been hacked ftw!" Noo!!! THEY JUST HAVENT GOTTEN TO YOUR ACCOUNT YET! Come on! Quit saying your antivirus didn't find anything so its clean. There are SOOO many viruses that can't be detected. Quit being ignorant little brats and accept the fact that they are all viruses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Well while I agree with you on most of the things you have said. What I don't agree with you on is that you say anything closed source related to Runescape is a virus. SCAR isn't a virus and so are many other things. But they are closed sourced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokester View Post
    Yes because the extra installation crap has anything to do with wanting rsgp? That's some crappy toolbar makers goal? I think not. Who wants to hack your account and take your gold? The person that added a virus to epic/rs/anythingelse bot if they aren't open source they are a virus. Plain and simple. Why would someone want to hide their source from their users? Because it has a virus in it!!!

"Oh I've been using it on accounts with 1b+ and maxed stats and I haven't been hacked ftw!" Noo!!! THEY JUST HAVENT GOTTEN TO YOUR ACCOUNT YET! Come on! Quit saying your antivirus didn't find anything so its clean. There are SOOO many viruses that can't be detected. Quit being ignorant little brats and accept the fact that they are all viruses.
    Simba Code:
    (* Main *)

repeat
      WriteLn('I am an idiot!');
    until(False);

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RISK View Post
    Well while I agree with you on most of the things you have said. What I don't agree with you on is that you say anything closed source related to Runescape is a virus. SCAR isn't a virus and so are many other things. But they are closed sourced.
    AFAIK Simba is open source.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information