K lets get this settled.
1. That open source argument that a ton of SRL members seem to use is ridiculous. Any project can be open source and still have a virus and I will bet all my money on it. Know why? Think about this. How many users of Simba really compile it themselves? Do you compile Smart yourself? No.. Not very many even know how to write hello world but they argue open source cuz others say that. It's like the Windows vs. Linux. Half the kids that say Linux are just copy cats or the wannabe haxors and cool kids. Linux is only good if you know how to use it. The open source argument is only valid if you compile everything yourself.
2. Epic bot doesn't have a virus. Decompile it with OllyDbg. Decompile it with IDAPro and tell me where the virus is.. I don't use epicbot. I used to years ago. I recently decompiled it while helping someone to see if there was a way to get it to run on Java 6 along with swift kit and smart all at the same time. It has no virus.
3. You don't trust the exe? Then fine. Run the jar from command line. Or just double clickt he jar.
4. You don't trust the jar? Deobb it and look it over with CJBE and you'll see.
5. Monitor it with backtrack, wireshark, or some packet sniffer and you'll see it doesn't send out malicious requests. Infact you can even break down each packet sent out and see the info sent with it. Everything is bytes. 4 bytes = 1 letter UTF-32.. Usually 1-4 bytes per character depending on the encoding. Print the bytes of each packet to a console or file and you'll see that no packet contains your password or username. If you just sniff it alone, you can see it just sents update requests to epicbot and all other info goes to runescape.
6. The extra crap you install with epicbot doesn't have viruses but rather it has spyware/adware. Thus the solution is to decline everything and just install epicbot alone. That's it.
So please stop arguing this b.s. open source stuff if you're not compiling it yourself. Stop hating on other bots as well. It doesn't make these forums any better. Someone asks for help setting up a bot from another site, just help them if you can. I've seen guys on powerbot saying email them and they'd help setup Simba for you. I've seen people bash RID guys here who are trying to learn scripting. This kinda stuff is non-sense.
That should clear up everything. Just remember.. pb was opensource at one time yet like 50k guys got hacked. Opensource isn't an argument guys.
Last edited by Brandon; 07-23-2012 at 06:52 PM.
I am Ggzz..
Read rhymes with reed and red, but red and reed do not.