Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Epicbot*has virus.(how to correctly uninstall)*****

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    K lets get this settled.

1. That open source argument that a ton of SRL members seem to use is ridiculous. Any project can be open source and still have a virus and I will bet all my money on it. Know why? Think about this. How many users of Simba really compile it themselves? Do you compile Smart yourself? No.. Not very many even know how to write hello world but they argue open source cuz others say that. It's like the Windows vs. Linux. Half the kids that say Linux are just copy cats or the wannabe haxors and cool kids. Linux is only good if you know how to use it. The open source argument is only valid if you compile everything yourself.
    i dont compile everything myself, but i sure as hell have gone through smart and simba's source countless times and compiled. used it as a learning tool. the argument for open source still stands though (imo). just because a person can be lazy, doesnt mean u can completely eliminate this argument. you are right, it only is valid if ppl actually look into it, but i personally believed that people did... i mean, why not!? dont ppl care about viruses :/

skipping the some of the rest, simply because i agree with u on most of it. no need to address it.

So please stop arguing this b.s. open source stuff if you're not compiling it yourself. Stop hating on other bots as well. It doesn't make these forums any better. Someone asks for help setting up a bot from another site, just help them if you can. I've seen guys on powerbot saying email them and they'd help setup Simba for you. I've seen people bash RID guys here who are trying to learn scripting. This kinda stuff is non-sense.

That should clear up everything. Just remember.. pb was opensource at one time yet like 50k guys got hacked. Opensource isn't an argument guys.
    i still think it is :/ you can lead a camel to water, but if they are too stupid to open their eyes... in open source software, everything is there, right in front of you. all one has to do is not be lazy. in closed source software, you have to decompile it, which afaik, is technically illegal. the person whom i was responding to in my post above said there were higher chances of getting a virus here, than at epicbot. i was simply showing him in #1 how if you arent lazy, then there is no way to get a virus. open source will always be safer than a closed source program, because u can legally view all the files, and nothing is hidden. its your choice on whether u want to get infected or not with those files.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x[Warrior]x3500 View Post
    i dont compile everything myself, but i sure as hell have gone through smart and simba's source countless times and compiled. used it as a learning tool. the argument for open source still stands though (imo). just because a person can be lazy, doesnt mean u can completely eliminate this argument. you are right, it only is valid if ppl actually look into it, but i personally believed that people did... i mean, why not!? dont ppl care about viruses :/

skipping the some of the rest, simply because i agree with u on most of it. no need to address it.

i still think it is :/ you can lead a camel to water, but if they are too stupid to open their eyes... in open source software, everything is there, right in front of you. all one has to do is not be lazy. in closed source software, you have to decompile it, which afaik, is technically illegal. the person whom i was responding to in my post above said there were higher chances of getting a virus here, than at epicbot. i was simply showing him in #1 how if you arent lazy, then there is no way to get a virus. open source will always be safer than a closed source program, because u can legally view all the files, and nothing is hidden. its your choice on whether u want to get infected or not with those files.

I wasn't specifically responding to you. But here goes:

1. It can only be valid if you compile it yourself every single time. Why? Because if Wizzup was a bad man, he'd put a virus in the download but nothing in the source. It's the same thing that happened to powerbot. Virus in the jar but nothing in the source. More than half the forum does not compile it themselves. You may be one of the few if you do compile it yourself. That being said, if you want opensource to be a valid argument you cannot just look through the source and say "It's safe.. I'll use the exe provided".

2. It isn't illegal to reverse engineer it because by law, where I live you have the right to knowledge. The illegal part comes where you modify it to suit your own needs. As long as you don't do that, nothing is stopping you from reverse engineering anything to see how it's made or what it contains.

3. Laziness would be a valid defense but unfortunately that's more than half the forum which is why I think opensource doesn't count as an argument. Reason being is that most of use are lazy. We wait on Wiz and Ben to push fixes, we just download the exe's and dll's because it's quick and we trust them. Trust is the keyword here.

That all being said. I only compile smart myself when a new version hits because I like to modify it and sometimes add a button or two or an extra functionality, get rid fo the black spaces on the sides, etc.. I don't compile Simba often unless I feel the need to modify something or add something I think isn't there.

Other than those reasons, I trust Ben and Wiz enough to just download what's provided. I guess I am lazy but at the same time sometimes curious. Even at times I just feel like modifying it just for the sake of having it how I want.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-23-2012 at 06:29 PM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

1,000,000,000,000 Light-years Away From Earth
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Epicbot is safe, why would they risk hacking or having virus!
    They're making tons of money off the Script, i don't see why people think it contains virus!

You must had virus off somewhere else!
    don't check mark the other load of sh%t that comes with the installation!

i like Simba more, but i still use EpicBot!
    Bot like a BOSS! Loading... ????????????? 99%

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Epicbot is safe, why would they risk hacking or having virus!
    They're making tons of money off the Script, i don't see why people think it contains virus!

You must had virus off somewhere else!
    don't check mark the other load of sh%t that comes with the installation!

i like Simba more, but i still use EpicBot!
    Indeed, even if you de-compile every single line of EpicBot you will and shall not find a virus. They're making shitloads of money from hacking accounts with that ''Enter your name and password here shit''. They got no valid reason for pussing a malware into it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

started with epic bot to try to get back into rs. now i need to get rid of this thing because Simba is the best right now
    es #1
    too stronk

Thanks a lot for that post I wouldnt have known otherwise
    Last edited by lolaller; 08-10-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: grammer was doing a silly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh god whoever made this post is a moron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been using epicbot, rsbot, powerbot - for about 4-5 years on the same 2 accounts and both accounts have had the same name, password, email and recovery questions for 7 years and neither have a bank pin - All without problems and these so called viruses - Either my system is immune (impossible) to these 'hack' attempts and 'virus infections' or I'm just lucky, which I doubt. - I speak 100% truth of MY PERSONAL experience with these bots.
    - Not saying it's fact, it's just my personal experience which cant be wrong.

So why's there so much hate for these bots? They work straight away with 0 computer knowledge and most scripts are more stable than even the best simba scripts available to non-members.

I think this forum needs to leave these bots alone and stop picking on them, they work fine and they don't hack you. (both my accounts are 99 in every skill and have so many billions it would make you shit yourself so i'm pretty sure my accounts would be high priority to hack).

It's common that someone will follow an in-game link to free rsgold or membership and enter their details like a monkey and then say "OMFG HAX0R EPIcBOT HAX ME OMG" or that you save your passwords inside a script or notepad on your desktop you're just asking to get hacked so don't blame the bot for it.

Don't get me wrong though, those bots do get you banned if you bot like a monkey (same applies to simba, though)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Silba View Post
    I've been using epicbot, rsbot, powerbot - for about 4-5 years on the same 2 accounts and both accounts have had the same name, password, email and recovery questions for 7 years and neither have a bank pin - All without problems and these so called viruses - Either my system is immune (impossible) to these 'hack' attempts and 'virus infections' or I'm just lucky, which I doubt. - I speak 100% truth of MY PERSONAL experience with these bots.

So why's there so much hate for these bots? They work straight away with 0 computer knowledge and most scripts are more stable than even the best simba scripts available to non-members.

I think this forum needs to leave these bots alone and stop picking on them, they work fine and they don't hack you. (both my accounts are 99 in every skill and have so many billions it would make you shit yourself so i'm pretty sure my accounts would be high priority to hack).

It's common that someone will follow an in-game link to free rsgold or membership and enter their details like a monkey and then say "OMFG HAX0R EPIcBOT HAX ME OMG" or that you save your passwords inside a script or notepad on your desktop you're just asking to get hacked so don't blame the bot for it.

Don't get me wrong though, those bots do get you banned if you bot like a monkey (same applies to simba, though)
    Cool Story.
    But Why did you come here then? If they are better than Simba Script, Why come to Villavu?

^^

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Did you even look at the post date of the thread? this was when it just came online...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Its been so long since I heard others accusing bots to have viruses Good times..Good times

For the basics of the basics of pascal, try my TuT. ||Photoshop Editing ||MapleResourceDung Script || Book a flight! BuySellTrip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think this forum needs to leave these bots alone and stop picking on them, they work fine and they don't hack you.
    The thing is with these other bots is that they are closed source, meaning we can't look at the code to verify whether or not they have malicious capability's. So with that people are right to have suspicions because it's unknown until it happens.

Anyway's I'd have to agree with you on some aspects of what you said, the scripts are super stable usually and run right until the session timeout (RSBot, epicbot ect..) but all bots have their pros and cons.
    Currently working on max cape, and learning to script along the way!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Lol I actually found this thread on google, by looking up why they force you to use their installer and can't use their .jar..

they have a .jar that works fine in Linux, it works once on windows then after that you get an error that tells you to use their "installer.exe" I thought that was kind of silly, so I googled and found this thread :P

I figured they had more ads and trash that would install, guess I'll stick to using it on linux
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

can we lock this or something?
    Bored of playing rs, and bored of botting it, why am i here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wow, i feel like I've just read a thread written by a bunch of downy 12 y/o's. i actually script for Epicbot (i'm a scripter) and can tell you for a fact it doesn't have viruses / malware / trojans / steal / hack your accs. if you want to use it without installing it download the Linux version and run that. other then that people download stuff off youtube and then get hacked and point the finger at anyone, if you want to talk about a bot that actually has hacked people and it's been proven they have look at rsbot / powerbot - (quickly googled it and found this link) http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...acking-to-Date

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

I started an account from scratch. Used powerbot, never shared password with anyone. Never had a single virus. got hacked??
    I started an account from scratch. Used Epicbot, never shared password with anyone. Never had a single virus. got hacked??
    I started an account from scratch using Simba. Now 2100+ total, not a single security problem. Not even once, I haven't even got a single mark from botting or anything. Thats proof of how amazing and trustworthy Simba is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wildkilla View Post
    wow, i feel like I've just read a thread written by a bunch of downy 12 y/o's. i actually script for Epicbot (i'm a scripter) and can tell you for a fact it doesn't have viruses / malware / trojans / steal / hack your accs. if you want to use it without installing it download the Linux version and run that. other then that people download stuff off youtube and then get hacked and point the finger at anyone, if you want to talk about a bot that actually has hacked people and it's been proven they have look at rsbot / powerbot - (quickly googled it and found this link) http://www.robotzindisguise.com/foru...acking-to-Date
    Well, this post is really an unbiased source of info.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information