Thread: @User Tagging

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default @User Tagging

I have seen this on other forms and it works really well, it means that I can alert a user to look at a thread by using @Wizzup for example, Wizzup would then get a notification saying that I have tagged him in a post. You can also use things like #Mod to alert all mods to a thread, also when somebody quotes a message of another that person would get a notification about it.

There are 3 things it adds:
    @Tags
    As I explained above when you want to alert a user to a thread you just type @ThatUser and it gives them a notification about the post.

#Tags
    You can subscribe to any tags that you want, all the mods would subscribe to the thread #Mod so that if a mod needs to close a thread somebody could post
    Please Close #Mod
    and the mods would be notified about it. You can have #Tags for anything though for example users could post #NewScript when they release a new script or #ScriptingHelp when they need help from somebody a little more advanced, users would be subscribed to these if they wanted, meaning that they can quickly respond.

Quote Notifications
    When a user is quoted they are notified so they can respond.

The users are notified in the same way they would be for a private message.

The page about it is here: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbeco...t&productid=20

There is a free Lite version with limited features which doesn't actually seem that limited, it could be tried out if people like the idea of it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

Tags are silly, if someone needs a thread closed they can use the report button. @User is sorta useful but same applies. Might be worth a shot.

Send SMS messages using Simba
    Please do not send me a PM asking for help; I will not be able to help you! Post in a relevant thread or make your own! And always remember to search first!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

If you look at the website, it says the add on is used to increase activity ;]. Sounds like it would work. It will also make linking to user profiles easier than handcrafting them, although I don't mind doing it ;]

I would enjoy being able to respond to posts about me
    My scripts: LunarPlanker
    ---
    My Utilities: Cross Platform, Open Source, SPS Path Generator

Join the Unoficial SRL Skype Group by clicking here, or visiting this thread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Sounds to me it might be overused which would cause frustration to mods especially...

BUT - if used appropriately then it could be a very nifty feature

Thread Information