Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teleportation

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Amazing way to put it, Solarwind! You put it into a perspective that anybody could read, and understand. You are right, but, anything is possible. Science is young, but we can still figure something out. I[ could make a teleportation device tomorrow, and would have stunted your logic that it would not be in our lifetimes, but, I might die before i could even convert the neurons to energy. So, in retrospect, you are right, and you are wrong. (metaphorically speaking, of course.)

Anyway, Rep+ for good post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Think of film. It records everything, but not digitally. Same basic principle applied on a much grander scale.

Also, teleportation is probably something more likely to be solved by finding a way to actually transfer given matter instead of capturing and recreating it.
    -bc

To iterate is human, to recurse divine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Conclusion: Never gonna happen

Reason: The above arguments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chig View Post
    Conclusion: Never gonna happen

Reason: The above arguments
    No, not necessarily never. One can't use the word never in cases like these. But it doesn't seem like it's going to happen in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can teleport, simply by taking my Delorean and gunning to 88MPH w00t!!!!

/troll

Q: As you may know, the max speed of a DeLorean is roughly 85. I really need to hit 88, and i am out of ideas. I have tried being pushed by trains, lightening storms, and many other ideas. The PCP i bought from my dealer does not seem to be helping either. Any Ideas?

P.S i need help finding Plutonium as well, thanks in advance!

A: have you tried driving off a cliff where a bridge will exist in the future?

I lol'ed.
    Currently Working on: Runite Miner W/ World Hop (Fally) 80% complete

Next: Advanced Gnome Agility Course!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You wouldn't survive the force of being transported so it does not matter if it is possible or not

the only way to survive is too slow the process down by doing that it would take longer depending on how far you was being teleported therefore making it pretty much useless.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Not useless. You could use it in hide and seek. BEST hiding spot ever! Just imagine, "I call the teleporter!" Lol.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

I image the 'Nightcrawler' from X-men when it comes to teleporting lol.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Rep+ for X-Men reference.

I think we could survive, we would be electricity, and electricity does not have life, it IS energy though. We COULD survive it. I don't see why we wouldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXTrollXx View Post
    Rep+ for X-Men reference.

I think we could survive, we would be electricity, and electricity does not have life, it IS energy though. We COULD survive it. I don't see why we wouldn't.
    The point that I think most people miss when they say it could be possible is this:

Even if we just transmit some carbon, we need to transmit the exact state the electrons are in. Otherwise you lose all chemical bonds and relations. And since we have not only the position of the electrons but also the principle quantum number (qn), angular momentum qn, spin qn , magnetic qn (to keep it simple - no molecular qn yet involved. But they are anyway similar), the data will explode. Anyway, if it's roughly 10^23 bits per g or 100 times that number - It doesn't matter, it's still way to much information.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Everything is made up of the same thing: energy and matter. Couldnt we just have a machine that collects all the data of our body and transfer it to the otherside, recreating the same body with energy and matter. It would require an extremely powerful computer.

awkward... cos matter is energy.. technically speaking matter is energy and energy is matter but they are one in the same just in different forms...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information