Thread: Spotify

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Default Spotify

Hey all.
    Just looking into Spotify and it seems amazing, just wanting to know if anyone else here uses it? What has it been like? Also feel free to post your playlists :P

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I was going to use it for facebook until I realized they didn't support linux. :/ Not to mention, after your trial ends you can only listen to 10 hours of music a month without paying. Pretty pathetic if you ask me, I really don't mind going to YouTube and changing songs whenever I want to listen to a new song, or even using pandora.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Yep, I use it. There is quite a bit of music missing, mostly obscure bands but also some bigger ones like The Beatles and Metallica, but overal I'd say it's great
    It's exactly as they say it is, enter a song you'd like to play and it just plays hahaha. Quality is good, I think they use OGG Vorbis, and as a premium user you can enable higher bitrate streams though I can't tell the difference between that and regular too well.
    I got an android phone and it works great on that, too though it's a battery hog when actually streaming, the way to go is to sync your playlists over Wifi first (can also be done over 3g) and then it behaves like any other mp3 player, no excessive battery draining.
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Yep, I use it. There is quite a bit of music missing, mostly obscure bands but also some bigger ones like The Beatles and Metallica, but overal I'd say it's great
    It's exactly as they say it is, enter a song you'd like to play and it just plays hahaha. Quality is good, I think they use OGG Vorbis, and as a premium user you can enable higher bitrate streams though I can't tell the difference between that and regular too well.
    I got an android phone and it works great on that, too though it's a battery hog when actually streaming, the way to go is to sync your playlists over Wifi first (can also be done over 3g) and then it behaves like any other mp3 player, no excessive battery draining.
    Yeah its a shame that I need to use my VPN to get access to spotify currently, can't wait till the make it in Australia!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

I like spotify, but grooveshark is better IMO. Plus don't you have to pay for spotify?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    I like spotify, but grooveshark is better IMO. Plus don't you have to pay for spotify?
    Is grooveshark really good? I'v used Spotify for a long time and it looks like Spotifys Music list is getting smaller :S

~Home

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Might have to look into Grooveshark if its free

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Hipsters use 8tracks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like Spotify, haven't had any problems with it at all. Are you sure you can only listen to 10 hours of music...? I have probably done that today alone and I've been using Spotify since December religiously. I thought the only difference between paid and free was the ads/removal of ads and the ability to sync playlists to offline.

Currently: Working on Defending&Attacking in my Castle-Wars Script
    Project Rebuild: 90M/170M

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PatDuffy View Post
    I like Spotify, haven't had any problems with it at all. Are you sure you can only listen to 10 hours of music...? I have probably done that today alone and I've been using Spotify since December religiously. I thought the only difference between paid and free was the ads/removal of ads and the ability to sync playlists to offline.
    I read that somewhere back when I was trying to download it and realized they didn't have a linux client. I'm not sure if its true or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I used spotify some time ago, nw I use grooveshark I like it more And it's completely free ^^

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Humm okay thanks for the suggestions on using Grooveshark

Thread Information