Thread: Radio Waves to charge your phone / EMP laser

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Default Radio Waves to charge your phone / EMP laser

Well, a friend of mine and I were thinking about a new way to charge your phone, because you get tired of all of the tangled cords, and so I thought I would post this thread to get you guys thoughts on it. Also, What about making a EMP laser kind of thing? I thought of this, and is it a bad idea? Because a friend of mine and I made a little EMP and messed up my Teachers computer. She had to get a new one. But, say The USA is about to get nuked, we could shoot this laser at the missile, and then it would be rendered useless. A good idea, is it not?

Also, Rep+ for good post? /joke

Cheers

~Troll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Yeah, and convenient, too. I'm thinking about making one to test, see if it is phesible. Maybe I could amplify the electromagnetic paritcles in the device's battery, and cause enough friction to make static electricity. Just a guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXTrollXx View Post
    Yeah, and convenient, too. I'm thinking about making one to test, see if it is phesible. Maybe I could amplify the electromagnetic paritcles in the device's battery, and cause enough friction to make static electricity. Just a guess.
    convenient? just roll around the streets with a massive dish thing in your backback, "oh jus chargin mi ipad bra"

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Well, that's the way YOU could go around, bra, but I'll be "chargin' mi ipad" With a Satellite, or a radio antennae, that is planted in different cities, ya' know?

I'm just messing around, bro. That was funny, "oh jus chargin mi ipad bra". Good job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xXTrollXx View Post
    Well, that's the way YOU could go around, bra, but I'll be "chargin' mi ipad" With a Satellite, or a radio antennae, that is planted in different cities, ya' know?

I'm just messing around, bro. That was funny, "oh jus chargin mi ipad bra". Good job.
    Thanks

you can charge things by rubbing the battery on your hair really fast, or on a trampoline. do both at once for double the charge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Problem is that emitted energy is very wasteful.

Say you're standing 10 metres away from the source when charging and you have an "energy catcher" of size 0.01m^2 (or 10cm by 10 cm, which is kinda big.) Energy is transmitted outwards as a sphere, the surface area being 4 x pi x r^2 at radius r. If your emitter sends out 4 x pi Watts, then, at distance r, the energy per square metre will be 1/r^2.

r = 10 => 1/100 W per square metre at 10m and then 0.01 x 1/100 for 1/10000 W transferred to phone per 4 x pi Watts emitted. Do 1 / (1 / 10000) to get 10000 lots of 4 x pi emitted Watts to get 1 Watt received at the source, resulting in 10 Watts received requiring ~1.2 MW per 10W (using 10W as a rough charging value.) That's less than 1% energy transferral.

Anyway, Tesla beat you to it with his wireless lights ages ago. Go look him up - he did crazy things!
    By reading this signature you agree that mixster is superior to you in each and every way except the bad ways but including the really bad ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

the fisrt guy eith this ide was nicolai tesla, his invention did work, to liight a bulb you onl needed to touch it. but unfurtunatl it was a ver good way to transmite cancer too
    you can buy me, my work, my goals, even you can buy my spirit, but Theres something youll never buy. my indomitable thirst of life.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

We could make the energy transmitter solar-powered. That way, you're not wasting the energy, you're just not using some of it. Or, maybe you could have it where it only sends it in a certain direction, so that you don't waste it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

tesla is a genius, can you say death ray ftw?
    >:)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like a good way to fry a phone battery real quick.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo230 View Post
    the fisrt guy eith this ide was nicolai tesla, his invention did work, to liight a bulb you onl needed to touch it. but unfurtunatl it was a ver good way to transmite cancer too
    dolan?
    Script(s) by me:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Runaway View Post
    http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/eri...ectricity.html

This guy did it with magnetic fields.
    Just watched this, I wonder how similar Telsa's version was and how much efficiency his ran out compared to Telsa's.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

I'll watch it once I fix this computer.. Will post feedback when I fix it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was a study on this.. some company was trying to make an infinite battery using radio waves.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

its already possible with high intensity lasers. The lab across the hall from where I work has done this and you can read a lot of papers on this.

As far as radio waves, its wayy to expensive as you have massive energy lost
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

In years 20' were produced radio ,called crystal detector ,which was fed from anntena...and If you live close to aerial mast you can get some free energy ,you just need some aluminium foil and several diodes

Thread Information