Thread: Driver questions [Xp/7]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Default Driver questions [Xp/7]

Ok, so i have a dell studio 1737, it came with vista, i quickly replaced it with seven. Now i really miss windows xp.. just simple and runs great. But i am having no luck what so ever finding Xp drivers for the my dell... Anyone have any suggestions? virtualbox with driver magic? im open for anything, i appreciate it!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...=us&l=en&s=gen

I thought w7 drivers are compatible with win xp? I have w7 and my win xp VM runs fine. Dell too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Well thats on VM, i have done the same. but unfortunately it doesn't work when your running xp as your main os. I appreciate the help though

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DatSik View Post
    Well thats on VM, i have done the same. but unfortunately it doesn't work when your running xp as your main os. I appreciate the help though
    Oh actually i remembered that i was in the same situation as you few years ago (downgrading from 7 to XP), yeah most drivers do not work and Dell refused to give me support since what i purchased was 7 and not xp.

Fortunately i managed to find an useful 3rd party driver updater http://www.drivermax.com/.
    The free version can only download 2 drivers per day though, so it'll take a few days to get all the drivers.
    I managed to get all drivers from that site except the audio one, which i've to find on another site. If you can't find the audio one i can try import mine and send to you.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

Open up device manager and use the component's model #'s to find the correct drivers. I have tried multiple driver programs and never really had that much luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Good luck, dell and ibm drivers are like the bitches of drivers to find

Thread Information