Thread: Maths

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Default Maths

I've got my a level exams coming up soon and it's really important that I pass for an apprenticeship I want to do.
    I need to achieve a C overall in my maths exams to get my required grade, May not sound a lot but in honesty (and I regret it) I spent the first year messing around and haven't put much effort in.
    Anyway, just wondering if there is anyone on this forum familiar with edexcel A level maths series (Core 3, Core 4 and Mechanics 1) who would be willing to help me with revision when I need it and if I get stuck on any questions. I'm sure I could pay in RSGP.

Thanks guys

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

You can always post the question and we can all have a go at it I guess.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

A level maths in my opinion can be nurtured.

What parts of C3, C4 are troubling you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

With c3 it's the algebra, Like Cot and Sin And the double angle theorem, With c4 it's only really the final chapter (Integration) , vectors can be annoying as well

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I got 95+% in C3 and M1 and I have C4 coming up very soon, so I guess I could help..?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

I finished my A levels last year. Didn't do the same exam board as you I did WJEC but I know they are very similar, I used a lot of your past exam papers as revision.

I got 100% in stats and M1. Got an A overall.

If you need any help just PM me or post up on here. My main advice to you though is just go through the past exam papers like there is no tomorrow. You can easily do one every other day (about 3 a week is good), get your teachers to mark it then try and improve it each time.

When my exams where really close I was able to do the mechanics and stats exams getting 100% almost every time in about 25 mins just because of the amount of time I had practiced them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Currently Revising mechanics, Planned it all out to get through papers in plenty of time, I'm doing ICT WJEC, They are so much more specific about what they want and drop a lot of marks for even the slightest word change.

Thread Information