Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default SRL Community mystery story

By:
    Chosen One
    Tehq

NOTE: This was originally intended to be an English 103 assignment.

A scandal in Geneva

It was a warm sunny day, whilst Wizzup was on the verge of making a tremendous discovery. Wizzup was a scientist above anything else, and through his unique scientific discoveries, he has become quite illustrious. He is also well known for his contributions to the community of his precious home town of Geneva, as an eccentric investigator who helps solve crimes. As Wizzup was in his lab, he heard a knock on the door. When he opened his door he was pleasantly surprised to see his partner in science and crime, Coh3n. “Why if it isn’t my dear friend Coh3n! What are you doing here on this fine day?”. Coh3n replied, “Unfortunately this is not a friendly visit, I’ve come to you because, perhaps you’re the only one who can help this poor soul, Brak.”. Even though Wizzup would help anyone who requested it, he hesitated, thinking about how he was so close to finding the mass of a higgs boson particle. However, after a few minutes of contemplating the situation, he decided to help “I would be honored if I could help someone in a time of crisis.”, He said. Coh3n then goes and retrieves the young gentleman, Brak. As Brak walks in, Wizzup notices that he looks worn out, but has a nervous alertness about him, other than these characteristics, he seemed no different than any other ordinary man .

After a few minutes of silence, Wizzup finally says, “Well Coh3n, other than the obvious facts that this man has been up all night, and that he is a security guard. I can deduce nothing else.”. Brak was stunned, “How were you able to know so much about me?” he asked “You are correct, this ordeal has kept me up all night, and I am indeed a security guard at CERN!”. “Why it was simple deduction my friend.” said Wizzup, “ I noticed by your disheveled appearance that you were worn out, which means you were up all night, and you have a very watchful manner about yourself, one possessed by many security guards”. “Well are you the clever one!” Said Brak, “I am pleased to have you on the case.”. “What seems to be the problem?” Wizzup inquired, “Well, it was 6:00 pm, and I was doing my job, when I heard a noise outside, I decided to inspect the area, however, there wasn’t a soul there, so I went back to my post. It wasn’t until I came home that I realized a couple of my keys were missing! I believe they must have been taken when I went to check on the noise outside.”.

Wizzup pauses to assess the situation. After several moments, he says “Your case is indeed an interesting one, and I would be glad to help you.” Brak replies “Thank you Wizzup, if I can assist you in anyway just ask.”. Brak walks out the door with a smile on his face. Coh3n looks at Wizzup and says “Well what is the first step to solving this peculiar case?”. Wizzup walks to his chair, and says “I must first assess the situation dear Coh3n. In one hour, come back here”. This is quite a strange case, I wonder if even the great Wizzup can solve this one thought Coh3n as he was conducting research in his lab. Suddenly there is a knock on the door, as Coh3n opens it he sees Wizzup with a smile on his face “Coh3n, will you join me for lunch at Brak’s home? I wish to discuss the case in further detail with him” “Why of course Wizzup, that sounds marvelous.” As we were going down the road, I thought about the case and how fast Wizzup assessed the situation at hand. “Here we are Coh3n.” Coh3n looked around and realized they were not at Brak’s house “Where are we Wizzup?” Wizzup replies “I hope you don’t mind Coh3n, I was hoping to make a quick stop at CERN before we went any farther.” As Wizzup was entering CERN, a cop pulled him over “You cannot enter the area sir.” Wizzup turns around and says “Why if it isn’t officer YoHoJo, how’s the investigation coming along, poorly I suspect.” Officer YoHoJo looks up at Wizzup with a horrified expression “Wizzup! I had no idea it was you, of course you may investigate, but I doubt you’ll get more evidence then we already obtained.” As Wizzup was investigating the crime scene, I immediately noticed that a piece of the equipment was missing. “Wizzup, who would steal a piece of equipment from CERN!?” “I don’t know Coh3n, it must have been a mastermind.” Wizzup pulled out a magnifying glass and looked intently as the carpet. “Coh3n, come over here and take a look at this.” As I looked through the magnify glass, I noticed a compound that revealed lasers guarding the particle accelerator that once sat there. Through my years researching different substances at MIT and in the real world, I have never encountered this type before. “What do you make of this strange compound Wizzup” Wizzup smiles and says “Have they taught you nothing at MIT? This compound is a very rare compound that is impossible to trace and almost as equally impossible to identify, however I have encountered, and even made this substance before. All I can deduce is that it must have been a mastermind who created this substance.”

Wizzup goes over to the wall and after inspecting the area for several minutes he says “Well Coh3n, let’s go, we won’t want to be late for lunch with Brak.” As Wizzup and I were going to Brak’s house, I couldn’t help be furious, someone had stolen one of the most important pieces of technology on the face of the earth. After pondering about this mystery, and who could have been behind it, I got a tap on the back of my shoulder “Coh3n, we are here.” said Wizzup, “Ahh, very good.” Wizzup knocked on the door, and Brak came out “Why, I am so glad to see you both, come on in.” as Wizzup and I sat down, Wizzup asked where the restroom was. “Well Brak, this is a strange mystery indeed, have you got any more information that may help us?” Brak was silent for a few minutes in deep thought “Well, there one more piece of crucial information that I entirely forgot about due to the circumstances. I do have a protégé that I have been training to become a security guard, his name is nielsie95, and he actually was sick the day I lost my keys.” “Well this is a crucial clue indeed, I must tell Wizzup when he returns.” “Wizzup! I just got a very interesting clue, turns out that Brak has a protégé, nielsie95, who was sick the day of the crime.” “ Why Coh3n, that is very interesting news indeed. I think I finally pieced together all the evidence. Unfortunately Coh3n and I must go Brak, we have much to do.” As we were heading home I was anxious to find out what Wizzup knew “So Wizzup, what have you found out.” “Well Coh3n, if I am correct then I know when and where the next attack will be.” Coh3n, tomorrow, we shall be in Kobe Japan.” “Japan! Wizzup! Are you mad?! How will I get my items, and ticket in time?” “Fear not Coh3n, I took care of everything, we should head over to the airport, for we won’t want to miss our flight.” As we were heading to Kobe, I was baffled by what Wizzup found out that led him to go to Kobe.

After several hours we finally landed in Kobe. “Well Wizzup where to now?” Wizzup pulled out a map and pen and started to scribble something down “Well Coh3n, now we take a cab to RIKEN.” “What for, Wizzup?” “All shall be answered in due time Coh3n.” When we finally got to RIKEN it was 6:00 pm. “Coh3n, you remember officer YoHoJo right?” “Why yes I do, but what is he doing here?”. “I asked him if he could help us catch the culprit, and he was happy to help” Wizzup then looked at us both and said “Coh3n, YoHoJo now we shall stake out here tonight and wait for our man to strike.” After what felt like forever, I finally saw a small glow, soon the glow intensified and I realized that someone was coming. As the light grew stronger, Wizzup gave us signal to strike, finally when he was in range we jumped him and tackled him to the ground. I saw the man’s face and I was stunned “Brak?! Is that really you?!” Officer YoHoJo cuffed him and said “ Well Wizzup you did it again, but how did you know when Brak would strike?” “Let me shed some light upon this mystery. When I asked Coh3n to be alone for an hour to ponder the situation, I looked up Brak on my computer. He has quite the past, he was top of his class at MIT, I knew someone of his intellect would never become a security guard, and there had to be an ulterior motive! I also learned that he worked alone, and did not enjoy the company of others. When Coh3n and I went to Brak‘s house and I excused myself to the restroom, I was actually looking for evidence. I found out that the same substance I found at the particle accelerator was on his boots. When Brak explained that he had a protégé, I knew he didn‘t due to his antisocial behavior, therefore I knew the culprit must have been him” officer YoHoJo replied “But Wizzup, how did you know he would strike here next?” “Well YoHoJo that was simple, I read in the newspaper that a cloud chamber was stolen in Germany about the same time the particle accelerator was stolen, 8:00 pm, and that they were both stolen on a day when the locations in which the items laid were being cleaned, this gave Brak plenty of time to steal the items without anyone noticing.”

I was satisfied but I had more question “But Wizzup, how was Brak able to get the items by himself, he must have had help.” “Well Coh3n, I have a theory for this also. Even though Brak is antisocial, he was able to bare being around us for short periods at a time, which means he most likely hired someone to help him out, even though he hated the fact he was working with someone, he could handle it in the time it took for him to take the item. In fact I bet if we were to find this person named nielsie95, we would find out he was the one who helped Brak, and we would find evidence that Brak planted in his house. However I still don’t exactly know why he did this.” After a few minutes of silence Brak says “Isn’t it obvious why I took the items? I needed the tools to become the best scientist in the world, but because of you my dream is dead.” “Well Wizzup, you have solved one of the biggest crimes once again. What are you to do now?” “For now I shall continue my research, and wait until the faithful day where I must once again protect Geneva from criminals who intend to harm it.”
    Last edited by Chosen One; 04-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

I've read half of it, good read so far.

However it's slightly confusing with all the question marks after Wizzup's name that you don't really need. Also, you keep talking in first person, are you supposed to be Coh3n in this story? Because you keep saying 'I' instead of Coh3n.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've read half of it, good read so far.

However it's slightly confusing with all the question marks after Wizzup's name that you don't really need. Also, you keep talking in first person, are you supposed to be Coh3n in this story? Because you keep saying 'I' instead of Coh3n.
    Yes in hindsight that was a bad idea including the ? in front of Wizzup's name. And yes i am supposed to be coh3n in the story, i was basically showing the mystery unravel through his eyes (As he is the partner of Wizzup the detective). Thank you for responding to my story and for taking the time to read through it

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

I tried reading it, but the font size made it impossible.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Undefined View Post
    I tried reading it, but the font size made it impossible.
    You need more willpower and patience

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

I looked at it.. Then scrolled.. Then thought, "Na..."

Then waited a few moments and then thought, "Ah, what the heck, I got time."

Pretty decent.

Thread Information