Thread: Flash slideshow?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Default Flash slideshow?

Hey, is there anyway I could have flash read all the images in a file and then create a slideshow cycling through each image one after another, on a webpage?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Do you want to write it yourself? Do you want me to write or download some pre made component? I'm a semi-professional flash developer btw.
    Working on: Tithe Farmer

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masterBB View Post
    Do you want to write it yourself? Do you want me to write or download some pre made component? I'm a semi-professional flash developer btw.
    If you are willing to create it so that it reads images from a file and displays them, that would be awesome

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

If you are unable to find a pre made component I can write one for you with your specific requirements for free. Note however that it will be a combo of php and flash, since flash isn't allowed to see the contents of a folder since it is clientside. I got a big project for tomorrow, but I will have all the time friday. It will take me probably between the 20 minutes and the two hours depending on your needs.

edit:
    I misread something. What do you mean with images from a file? Like a .swc library or something else?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

If you are unable to find a pre made component I can write one for you with your specific requirements for free. Note however that it will be a combo of php and flash, since flash isn't allowed to see the contents of a folder since it is clientside. I got a big project for tomorrow, but I will have all the time friday. It will take me probably between the 20 minutes and the two hours depending on your needs.

edit:
    I misread something. What do you mean with images from a file? Like a .swc library or something else?
    All i need is for it too take .jpg from a internal file, uploaded to the site, and display the images in a slideshow manner.

Ex
    Images/image1, image2, image3

Also PHP and flash are just fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is there any reason that you are taking flash over say a JavaScript slide show?

Generally speaking, flash should be used as a last resort for this sort of thing; it's a very powerful tool and should be used sparingly.
    JavaScript, or alternatively jQuery, can be used hand-in-hand with PHP to develop this sort of thing almost entirely open-source online.

Perhaps I am missing part of the point in choosing flash; but as far as compatibility goes, JavaScript is nearly always a better option.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    494 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlothScripts View Post
    Is there any reason that you are taking flash over say a JavaScript slide show?

Generally speaking, flash should be used as a last resort for this sort of thing; it's a very powerful tool and should be used sparingly.
    JavaScript, or alternatively jQuery, can be used hand-in-hand with PHP to develop this sort of thing almost entirely open-source online.

Perhaps I am missing part of the point in choosing flash; but as far as compatibility goes, JavaScript is nearly always a better option.
    I second this but with other reasons. Javascript has larger user group then flash, there are evil phone makers who don't support flash. Also flash requires javascript but that is a different story. On all other points javascript is pure untyped shit.

Also there is a very good premade slideshow here:
    http://www.flashxml.net/media-slideshow.html

I would be able to make it load all images from a certain location.
    Last edited by masterBB; 05-02-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

I second this but with other reasons. Javascript has larger user group then flash, there are evil phone makers who don't support flash. Also flash requires javascript but that is a different story. On all other points javascript is pure untyped shit.

Also there is a very good premade slideshow here:
    http://www.flashxml.net/media-slideshow.html

I would be able to make it load all images from a certain location.
    If you'd be willing to do that, I would be very greatful

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

You just have to download the files for that and place it where you need it, I believe
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Flash slideshow?

If you are running on Wordpress site, then you can easily add slideshow by installing nextgen gallery plugin in your dashboard. This plug-in will get your favorite images from your desktop to your website. You can easily upload batches of images via zip file or FTP and will automatically import your images meta data.

You can also find many websites that support slideshow publishing platform for your website and different type of photo gallery option to make slide show for your website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

theres alot of good sliders out today like WoWSlider, that is a application that builds code and samples your images. But if you want to do it by hand, use actionscript 3.0, kinda like javascript and you can basically build a slideshow from scratch from using frames.

Thread Information