Thread: After Hack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default After Hack

So yesterday I logged into my account with 1 gp left in the pouch and my bank pretty much cleaned. Not exactly sure how they managed to get my password probably a key logger or something but unfortunately theres nothing i can do about it but try and make my bank back. What's the best way for me to make money? I used to flip but apparently its been nerfed by jagex so i'm guessing maybe i should gold farm a bit by making loads of accounts and botting on them but i'm not sure what methods are the best for this type of thing. E.g What money making things to bot and if theres a way to stop them seeing your i.p address so they're not suspicious of me if im logged in on like 4 accounts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Money isn't everything. If you play a game just to acquire pixels you are better off getting a real job.

Just play for fun, money will gradually be regained through skilling.

Currently: Working on Defending&Attacking in my Castle-Wars Script
    Project Rebuild: 90M/170M

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Search here

Find the one that best suits you and run it

EDIT: Listen to PatDuffy, money will come naturally. To me, it bares no importance at all.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

sorry to hear it but at the end of the day its ur fault for giving your password away / downloading bad shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PatDuffy View Post
    Money isn't everything. If you play a game just to acquire pixels you are better off getting a real job.

In my experience rs is much more enjoyable when you have cash to spare especially as it makes skilling a lot more easier and faster.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerylin View Post
    In my experience rs is much more enjoyable when you have cash to spare especially as it makes skilling a lot more easier and faster.
    Im gonna have to agree with you there.
    Money directly affects your level of enjoyment in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never actively spent time making money. The majority of my money has come from farming herbs, doing dailies, kingdom, and slayer. That being said, I'm very close to max and all the money I have goes into skills.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok...do you think you got hacked or possibly wiped? The 1 GP thing left in the pouch makes me think you got wiped.

This happened to me very very recently. No idea how anyone would have gotten my password, literally haven't downloaded anything on the computer I bot on. I know it wasn't a keylogger either because if it was, they would have gotten my other 2 accounts also.

I'm puzzled.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So yesterday I logged into my account with 1 gp left in the pouch and my bank pretty much cleaned. Not exactly sure how they managed to get my password probably a key logger or something but unfortunately theres nothing i can do about it but try and make my bank back. What's the best way for me to make money? I used to flip but apparently its been nerfed by jagex so i'm guessing maybe i should gold farm a bit by making loads of accounts and botting on them but i'm not sure what methods are the best for this type of thing. E.g What money making things to bot and if theres a way to stop them seeing your i.p address so they're not suspicious of me if im logged in on like 4 accounts.
    Hey pm me, you helped me out with something, im sure I can give you a small loan , you can then start flipping or get hold of an Astral script? (if you have 82 rc) or see if making tele tabs is still good profit? (doubt it since loadstone) or use a superheat script to superheat steel bars? (fairly good profit, can be 200k/h and great mage xp).

Getting hacked is one of the worst fealings ever, but I found that each time I got hacked I got my cash back quicker n had a LOT more each time . Alos I suggest running some anti virus' like spybot, malwarebytes etc and THEN change your password!!

Quote Originally Posted by shstiger2009 View Post
    Ok...do you think you got hacked or possibly wiped? The 1 GP thing left in the pouch makes me think you got wiped.

This happened to me very very recently. No idea how anyone would have gotten my password, literally haven't downloaded anything on the computer I bot on. I know it wasn't a keylogger either because if it was, they would have gotten my other 2 accounts also.

I'm puzzled.
    What do you mean by wiped? By jagex? Do they do that?
    Last edited by sham; 04-25-2012 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sham View Post
    Hey pm me, you helped me out with something, im sure I can give you a small loan , you can then start flipping or get hold of an Astral script? (if you have 82 rc) or see if making tele tabs is still good profit? (doubt it since loadstone) or use a superheat script to superheat steel bars? (fairly good profit, can be 200k/h and great mage xp).

Getting hacked is one of the worst fealings ever, but I found that each time I got hacked I got my cash back quicker n had a LOT more each time . Alos I suggest running some anti virus' like spybot, malwarebytes etc and THEN change your password!!

I agree with your past experiences. Each time I was hacked I also got my wealth back quicker and in greater amount. Just do as you did before, except now with the accumulation of your knowledge from past experiences.
    118/120 Dungeoneering

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sham View Post
    What do you mean by wiped? By jagex? Do they do that?

Yup. If they catch one of the big RWT'ers, they'll wipe the RWT and wipe some accounts that traded with that account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well... I've been making some Unf and Cleaning herb. Get a scroll of cleansing and you wont regret it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shstiger2009 View Post
    Yup. If they catch one of the big RWT'ers, they'll wipe the RWT and wipe some accounts that traded with that account.
    It did cross my mind that jagex could of done something like this but i doubt it because i have never Real World Traded so the only thing they could possibly do it for is if they caught me botting but even then they would just ban me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've just looked at a few other forums and found that they do this sometimes instead of rollbacks, but I can't say for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

and thats why the made a bank pin with a 7 day cancel period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

If you use scripts to get yourself lots of cash, it is likely that Jagex did it to you. I'd advise getting a pin, it protects your pouch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    If you use scripts to get yourself lots of cash, it is likely that Jagex did it to you. I'd advise getting a pin, it protects your pouch.
    Thats a good idea i'll remember to do that - and i haven't used scripts to make money yet, i've only been botting on my one account and thats just to skill.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerylin View Post
    Thats a good idea i'll remember to do that - and i haven't used scripts to make money yet, i've only been botting on my one account and thats just to skill.
    If Jagex caught you botting they would have rolled some stats back as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

lol that sucks. and of course they had to leave that 1gp. sorry to hear about your loss and good luck earning it back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PatDuffy View Post

Beautiful. Couldn't have said it better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Well I don-t know your skills, but for money you can collect mort myre funguis, mine iron&coal&mith... smelth bars, merch, kill green drags, decant super restores, do rc...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It very well could of been a rollback of gp, best of luck getting it back! You should change your pws and a virus scan just to make sure.

Thread Information