Thread: The Future.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Default The Future.

So, I got to thinking about if there is a Future. Like, If it is already set, or if it changes. Give me ideas!
    Last edited by Vinyl Scratch; 05-11-2012 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

okay, lets see, you just posted this and i commented in it because you posted it.
    You definitely changed my future
    EDIT: curiosity leads me to ask this question.
    Who de-repped this post for "having a bad attitute". Trying to copy Coh3n i see?
    Oh, and unlike Coh3n you didn't negatively affect my rep, guess your rep power is 1 or none :P
    Last edited by footballjds; 05-09-2012 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

There will be no future as the world will be destroyed at the 24.12.12.

I will try to answer all Runescape related questions!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imanoobbot View Post
    There will be no future as the world will be destroyed at the 24.12.12.
    The mayans didn't calculate leapyear.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    266 Post(s)

I think you could look at this two ways.

1) You have a choice is what the future is

2) You have no choice is what the future is

To be in group 1, you think that changing your mind is diverting from the "set" future as such, and thus there is no "set" future at all.

To be in group 2, you think that no matter what you do, it has all be predetermined. For example, you see changing your mind not as diverting from the "set" future, but following it, as the original choice you made was not included in it at all.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Eminem
    I don't care if you're black, white, straight, bisexual, gay, lesbian, short, tall, fat, skinny, rich or poor. If you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JOEbot View Post
    The mayans didn't calculate leapyear.
    The Mayans didn't calculate leap year... Well no DUH. Their calendar was far more accurate so they didn't have a leap year like us...

God, if you're going to toss out a stupid theory like the world ending don't do it with facts that are pointless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    The Mayans didn't calculate leap year... Well no DUH. Their calendar was far more accurate so they didn't have a leap year like us...

God, if you're going to toss out a stupid theory like the world ending don't do it with facts that are pointless.
    Sorry... and how do you know their calendar was so accurate? I was just clearing up a fact. I apologize, footballjds- I had no intention of spurring any emotion.

Sort of like Rich on this one (ish)
    My opinion on the future is sort of like The Adjustment Bureau (Sorry if you haven't seen it, if you haven't- keep scrolling.)
    You have multiple paths, each thing you do affects the outcome of your path. If you eat toast rather than Honey Nut Cheerios, you may have just changed your future. And at a certain time, all the paths connect to one ineveitable death. From there it sprouts based on your decisions before death (Heaven and Hell).
    xxTrollxx, I love your threads.

~Joe

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JOEbot View Post
    Sorry... and how do you know their calendar was so accurate? I was just clearing up a fact. I apologize, footballjds- I had no intention of spurring any emotion.
    ~Joe
    apologies sir, i was pissed irl... :P

How do i know about their calender? Well I was interested in ancient races when i was like 12 :P yeah, i no-lifed books... haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    apologies sir, i was pissed irl... :P

How do i know about their calender? Well I was interested in ancient races when i was like 12 :P yeah, i no-lifed books... haha
    Well I stand corrected...
    I will now go stand in the dark about the world ending

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I like the alternate (or parallel?) realities theory. For every choice you make a new reality exists, while the a different reality also continues to exist for the choice you didn't make.

But how could this be proven? Like I said, it's only a theory. If anyone here has ever played a game for PS1 called 'Chrono Cross' you'd know what I was talking about.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's impossible (or at least extremely complex) to prove whether or not this is true. It is an interesting subject though. I like the theory where everything is set and there is an "alternate (or parallel)" universe for every possible thing. Ex. There could be one universe where everything is "the same" except there are no...flowers. There could be another universe where everything is the same except there was no 9/11. Kinda like the Family Guy episodes where Stewie and Brian travel to different dimensions(universes)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Am sure in the future, there will be three class of people:
    1: Politician and government members.
    2: Regular people with working job.
    3: People that know how computer works.
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

You may enjoy this read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Determinism

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Hey, Guys, I'm sorry for making a joke about the Rep. I won't do it again. I was merely making a joke about my name. I changed the thread, so that I don't make anybody else mad. So, I personally don't think there is a Future, just the present. I have a Question, If you were to go back in time, to 1998, and since I believe that there is no future, could oyu travel back to your "present" or would you not, because it is in the future, and you cant travel to the "future" because there is no future, from my point of view. Just Wondering.

Thanks!

~Troll

P.S. Sorry again. I don't like -Rep.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

If you are asking about telling your future? Well than that is some voodoo crap; Heard palm reading and such all true, but strictly against my religion. Since God is the only one who knows our future and we shouldn't ask/rely on some random person to tell us, well don't want to go onto another topic so I shall stop here .

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Not about telling the future, but could you travel to it, say, go to 1998, then 2012 would be your future, and your past. Would you be able to travel to your "present" because it is your past, and not your "present" any longer. Just come up with something interesting, please. And, don't derep me for saying this this time.

Thread Information