Thread: C# Datasheet Organizer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Default C# Datasheet Organizer

I started writing this application because I needed a way to organize my electronic datasheets without renaming them. It stores file names and a bunch of metadata. Eventually, I would like to turn this into an inventory tracking system, but that's low priority. My main goal right now is to achieve baseline functionality for sorting and searching datasheets. After that, I'll refactor a bit and add the inventory bits.

This is built with VS2011 on .NET 4.5, Entity Framework 5, and Sql Server CE 4. I'm using POCO objects so I don't have to think about the database.

Keep in mind this was started yesterday, so it doesn't do much. Both the GUI & the UX suck.

If you're interested, it's on GitHub: https://github.com/GeorgeHahn/Document-Organizer

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Oh that's neat! I'll have to get the VS2011 Beta!
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Thread Information