Thread: Need help with Access Violation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Need help with Access Violation

Firstly, The help I need isn't for my script and I can't post this on the thread where the script is from, since I'm not a member.
    This Section Is For Help With Scripts That YOU Are Making

If You Need Help With A Script YOU DIDNT MAKE then post the error on the thread where you FOUND THE SCRIPT
    Sorry YoHoJo
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

I Looked at Coh3n's Sticky about access violations =/ I'm not at a point where that makes any sense whatsoever to me.

I'm getting this error;
    Code:
    C:\Simba\Includes\SRL/SRL/misc/smart.simba(98:3): Variable 'P' never used at line 97
    Compiled successfully in 733 ms.
    Error: Exception: Access violation at line 102
    At this function;
    Code:
    function GetColor(x, y: Integer): Integer;
    begin
      result:= SmartGetColor(x, y);                  
    end;
    The error is opening in a new tab when I try to run the script, the tab is called "smart".

Can anyone tell me how to fix this

Edit; *sigh* I know this community really frowns on this kind of thing, but can someone please just send me the working, up to date script =/

It's not like I've been completely lazy D=! I am trying.

Last edited by Mufasa; 05-30-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Getting sick of trying to fix this

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    I can't post this on the thread where the script is from, since I'm not a member.
    You are trying to get help with a SRL Member script that someone has leaked?

Simba Code:
    GetColor(X, Y: Integer;):Integer;
    The function looks right, might have something to do with the need of being an administrator or something.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by J J View Post
    You are trying to get help with a SRL Member script that someone has leaked?
    Why not =/

It was leaked with the authors pemission, I'm sure you've guessed from the tag "wfk" but the script I'm referring to is Brandons (ggzz), Waterfiend Killer.

I'll work it out eventually I guess =/ but it'll take me a ridiculous amount of time.. I mean weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Firstly, you need SPS1 for that script to work and then you might need to run simba as an administrator. The script is working fine for me with it's long ass 6000 lines of code

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Why not =/

It was leaked with the authors pemission, I'm sure you've guessed from the tag "wfk" but the script I'm referring to is Brandons (ggzz), Waterfiend Killer.

I'll work it out eventually I guess =/ but it'll take me a ridiculous amount of time.. I mean weeks

Oh well that wasn't leaked it was public.
    What Java version do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestapo View Post
    Sorry if this is wrong section.

Have u gotten problems with running simba script ? Did installing java and other didn't help you? I spent a lot time to get this to work, but atleast i found it out!

Follow the steps correctly
    1. Uinstall java (use revo uninstaller)
    2. Reinstall java (java.com)
    3. Go to your java folder->jre->bin and copy location
    4. Control panel and System then choose advanced
    5. Click enviroment variables and choose path
    6. Now simple paste the link from step 3.

Run simba and it should work!
    If i helped you out thanks me !

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chig View Post
    Firstly, you need SPS1 for that script to work and then you might need to run simba as an administrator. The script is working fine for me with it's long ass 6000 lines of code
    6000? Mine only has 4782..

I use "only" relative to your 6000.. 4782 is still just an insanely immense number xD

I know how to downgrade my SPS but I have no idea how many versions of SPS there have been and what version I'm downgrading to.

I followed this;http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79934

All credits go to Kyle Undefined for this file:

http://www.fileswap.com/dl/4A2UsnPJMb/SPS.zip.html
    Mirror: http://www.sharebeast.com/mu9q9w4nc1lj

For those of you who don't know how to use this, make sure you first DISALBLE SPS automatic updating, this is done by going into Simba and selecting SPS > Automatically... > and Untick the Update box.

Then drag the SPS folder Kyle gave you into your Simba/Includes directory and once you've done that, go into the plugins folder in your Simba/Includes/SPS and copy the sps.dll file and then go to Simba/Plugins and paste it there.

I know a lot of people have been in tears ever since the new SPS update has broken their scripts when they're just inches away from 99, so I hope this can help some people. Let me know if you have any questions
    @JJ my java version is fine, all other scripts have no issue, and I haven't upgraded to Java 7.

Edit; After looking around, I'm willing to say there's only been two SPS versions. So I must of downgraded to SPS 1 but hasn't solved it.

Last edited by Mufasa; 05-29-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Looked around for SPS versions

Thread Information