Thread: Laptop issue with Wireless and "Reset"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Laptop issue with Wireless and "Reset"

It is the second time this happens: after I disassemble my HP dv9000 laptop to clean and vaccum some dust from the keyboard and fans the Clock and the Calendar reset (got back to the date of factory assemble), and I can't connect to the default Router - Wireless Connection on my house (which has the option to connect automatically to it) but the files stay the same and nothing happens in terms of files and data...

My brother fixed that last time by changing something on the Wireless setting, but I can't figure out what -.-
    What have I done wrong and how do I fix it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you have w7, I believe your wlan autoconfig service is turned off. Start \ Search services.msc \ Search for WLAN Autoconfig \ right click \ properties \ change startup type to automatic \ and press the start button

If that doesn't work, explain your problem in greater detail. Hell, record yourself trying to connect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It has Windows Vista

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It has the Automatic selected already

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1)Click the start(window button) found on the task bar.
    2)Type in "Network and Sharing Center".
    3) To the left you should see something that says "tasks, view computer and devices,connect to a network,.etc................"
    4)Choose "manage wireless network"
    5)From there you can remove the unwanted router and what ever router you want.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

You may have reset the time and date in the BIOS, in which case, when booting you need to go into the set up and set them correctly. If you search around online I am sure you could find something that tells you how to do this on an HP. Usually when it shows the brand of computer or whatever in the bottom left or right should be two options, on is for boot setup and the other for launching safe-mode. Go into boot setup and something like general or date and time just change it back to today's date an time.

This may fix your problem since I know on my grandmothers computer she had a similar issue and it was that her date and time were reset. She could still connect but just go certificate errors for every website she went to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    This may fix your problem since I know on my grandmothers computer she had a similar issue and it was that her date and time were reset. She could still connect but just go certificate errors for every website she went to.
    I'm having that same issue too

Quote Originally Posted by sslegal View Post
    1)Click the start(window button) found on the task bar.
    2)Type in "Network and Sharing Center".
    3) To the left you should see something that says "tasks, view computer and devices,connect to a network,.etc................"
    4)Choose "manage wireless network"
    5)From there you can remove the unwanted router and what ever router you want.

Hope this helps.
    That actually doesn't solve it, because I can see the Network, but when I try to connect to it (an error appears) it says that Windows cannot connect to ...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post

you need to replace your cmos battery ( your old one is broken or has stopped recharging causing your computer to lose abilty to keep the time), had this on my old comp. never got around to fixing it myself but it's an easy fix.
    edit: a temp fix is to change time and date everytime u use your computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What about the Wireless Connection? It doesn't connect to it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Problem solved.

You can close this thread now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Killer View Post
    you need to replace your cmos battery ( your old one is broken or has stopped recharging causing your computer to lose abilty to keep the time), had this on my old comp. never got around to fixing it myself but it's an easy fix.
    edit: a temp fix is to change time and date everytime u use your computer
    It happened to my grandmothers computer and was caused by a power outage.

Thread Information