Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say Hazzah to Slayer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Default Say Hazzah to Slayer!

Disclaimer: This is personally how I do slayer and I would like to hear what other people have to say about it and I would like to try to help other people with one of the few skills that cannot be botted here on SRL. My method requires good gear + levels and a healthy understanding of Runescape with a healthy cash stack. Another thing to note is that the combat beta may make this guide outdated, by which time I hope to be 99 slayer and will not be willing to update it!

SRL's beta release of a slayer task completer!

Part 1: The importance of cash.
    Some of you might be wondering why cash is required to do slayer while people you know in game have made millions with slayer. I can simplify my answer down to one word: efficiency. Efficiently leveling up slayer requires the use of a cannon and prayer potions WITH extremes. If you do not have access to the following, you will probably never break 30k xp/hr with slayer.

The cannon is one of the most useful tools for a slayer to have, along with a healthy supply of cannonballs. Personally I have use ~50k cannonballs and am only just cresting 50% of the way to 99 slayer. YOU SHOULD NOT PLAN TO CANNON EVERY TASK

Good gear is a requirement because it allows you to kill things faster, and killing them faster means better xp/hr. Good gear can be seen below, of course things can be upgraded; Kuradels ring if in Kuradels Dungeon.

Finally herblore is one of the most important non-combat skills to have while doing slayer. Herblore allows for the use of extremes and overloads and for the use of super prayers. While super prayers are not exactly required, using them is not frowned upon by me either. I use regular prayer potion simply because I can't be bothered to grind the bones for super prayers.

Part 2: The importance of Quests
    While not typically included in slayer guides, I include it for one reason. Questing unlocks new creatures, which are typically annoying to kill. If you can I would avoid quests like The Tale of Muspah and The Path of Glouphie as these quests unlock monster that should always be skipped. However, it is important have high quest points as well because it allows you to block more tasks.

Quests that should be done, in my opinion, are quest that allow you to unlock gear, like Culinoromancers Gloves 10, the TokHarr-Kal, Nomads Requium, ect.

*It should be noted that any and all quest xp rewards should be used on slayer. Things like While Guthix Sleeps experience reward can save you ~6 hours or more of time that you would have otherwise spent slaying!

Part 3: Which monsters should I do?
    Really, this ranges from person to person. I do some monsters simply because I can easily be away-from-keyboard while still getting slayer experience. This is a list of monster that I do kill along with what my reasoning is behind killing them. This list only includes task for Kuradel and will never include tasks that other slayer masters assign, simply because other slayer masters are not as efficient.

Tasks

*Tasks assume you use melee unless otherwise stated
    **SOA can be downgraded to polypore, but should not be downgraded further, if you don't have either then you are better of just meleeing the task.
    ***Anything labeled with Skip/block should probably be skipped or blocked.

Tasks in alphabetical order
    1. Abberant Spectres- Reasons are obvious, using a cannon you can manage 60-70k slayer experience/hr. This inventory should be the exact same as Dagganoths, without the games necklace. Use the above melee setup while praying mage and turmoil.
    2. *Abby Demons- Drop whips, pretty bad experience/hour however, for those who would rather make back some of the money they wasted on cannonballs, then you can get upwards of two to three whips in a single 200 abby demon task.
    Aquanites- Don't do these
    3. Black Demons- Good experience/hour and good charms. (do these in taverly dungeon with a cannon).

Use the above melee setup with an inventory like this.
    Alternatively, those with a steel titan might find that the kills go quicker in the chaos tunnels. I don't have one so I am not sure.
    4. For Black dragons, remove 4 prayer potions and insert cannon with cannonballs. Do these in the evil Chickens lair.

5. Bloodveld- Only do these after the Legacy of Seergaze and use a cannon on mutated Bloodvelds, otherwise skip them. Use the above melee setup with the following inventory
    [img]insert inventory picture here [/img]

6. Blue Dragons- Always do these. Cannon dragons where you can, use super antifires if need be. Avoid taverly dungeon for blue dragons. Use the above Melee setup with this inventory for blue dragons.
    Dagganoth- cannon these underneath the light house, pray melee and turmoil

7. Dark beasts- Super AFK and can be cannoned after the completion of Within the Light.

I haven't finished within the light so my inventory looks like this, and I use the above melee setup.

8. Desert Strykewyrms- skip these
    9. Dust Devils if 95 or 99 summoning, kill these in the chaos tunnels, otherwise cannon them in smoke dungeon in the desert

10. Fire Giant - cannon these in the waterfall dungeon or use a steel/iron titan in chaos tunnels

11. ganodermic creatures- sadly these along with all other polypore creatures should be blocked

12. Gargoyles- Do these since they drop a good amount of blue charms and are quick to get to and kill (Purchasing Killing blow is highly suggested). Use Goliath gloves if you have access to them, otherwise use the above melee setup

13. Greater Demons- Cannon these in the Forinthy dungeon.

Pray melee and protect item. Items can be upgraded, but you might lose them because the cannon skulls you on peoples familiars.

14. Grifolapine + Grifolaroo- these should be blocked, along with ganodermic (under one heading of polypore creatures)

15. Grotworms- until the botnuke comes out, these should be skipped

16. Hellhound - Cannon these in the taverly resource dungeon, otherwise do them in Kuradel with the above melee setup except with a Ferocious ring.

17. Ice Strykewyrms- decent experience/hour, however should only really do this if you are looking for some massive hits and a change of scenery.

18. Iron Dragons - Amazingly fast with Storm of Arma, polypore is a good alternative (I always suggest you mage these).

Use the above Mage setup with this inventory

19. Jungle Strykewyrms- skip these

20. Kalphites - Cannon these in the dungeon next to the kalphite queen. For a setup, see Dagganoth. But add in super antipoisons.

21. Living Rock Creatures - Skip them or do them, If you choose to do them cannon them north east of the entrance to the LRC

22. . Mithril_dragon - SOA these with the above mage setup, gl with a DFH drop

23. Mutated Jadinko- Skip/block these

24. Nechryael - cant cannon them and no decent drops- if you do these, kill them in the chaos tunnels with a steel/iron titan

25. Skeletal wyverns- skip these

26. Spiritual mages- skip these

27. Steel dragon - Same as iron

Suqahs- cannon these east of Livid Farm- bring some food since you can be frozen and killed

Terrordogs- Steel + iron titan- bring extra prayer potions because of the prayer draining effect (skip them if you don't have access to a slayer ring)

28. Tzharr - always do the fight caves if you can, if you are bad at it, skip this task

29. Vyrewatch- Not sure, never done them

30. Warped Tortoises/Terrorbirds- skip/block these

31.Waterfiends - if under 89 slayer and have goliaths do these in the ancient cavern, if 89+ summoning, do these in the chaos tunnels with the following melee/mage setup.
    Maul can be swapped for Zamorak Spear or Goliaths.

Notes
    Ancient Effigies- use the friends chat "Fasteffigy" to open them if you cannot open them yourself. After level 90 slayer you can save about an hour by using the Dragonkin lamp on slayer.

To get yourself a few thousand points, it might be worth it to do a lower slayer master for the first 9 tasks, then switch to kuradel for the 10th task. Repeat this until you have as many point as you want!

To efficiently get Co-op points you should do the lowest Slayer master that gives them out which is Turael/Spria.

The 400 point slayer reward should only be purchased if you have enough points left before hitting 99. Otherwise, conserve these points!

An interesting read, and a much better guide, in my opinion, can be found here
    *****Some of the formatting may be off because I wrote this in word first. Also, this guide will have more pictures in the future and links to the Wiki page for each monster.
    Last edited by Hazzah; 07-18-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

fury + kal is better than soul wars cape and demon horn since the cost of prayer pots is so little now.
    My goal to max cape #2:Here. Check it out

Previously Known As Liimujx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Liimujx View Post
    fury + kal is better than soul wars cape and demon horn since the cost of prayer pots is so little now.
    I don't have either at the moment, not to mention that I said things could be upgraded. My setup is, in my opinion, the minimum.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)

Looks good with me man well done

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    496 Post(s)

Hazzah, could you touch on maximizing your slayer points(easy master1-9, hard master 10th)
    also, slayer masters, guessing you use kuradal?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Benny View Post
    Looks good with me man well done
    Thanks Benny, I realize this is just a work in progress and I will continue to update this as long as I am less then 99 slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by footballjds View Post
    Hazzah, could you touch on maximizing your slayer points(easy master1-9, hard master 10th)
    also, slayer masters, guessing you use kuradal?
    Yea I could do that. I also realized I left out quite a few slayer tasks . I just typed this up real quick whilst I was doing a task. Won't get to it until I have some more free time (some time this evening).

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

*****Some of the formatting may be off because I wrote this in word first. Also, this guide will have more pictures in the future and links to the Wiki page for each monster.
    Also add a link to the script if I have one :P

^Best gear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This was a really useful guide to me, reminded me of a fair few things like though iirc, overloads were considered the best to use for slayer, better than extremes anyway? Not sure on this though. You could include things like healing methods(sgs, soul split, bunyip etc) or make a complete task list, I'd benefit a lot from that, or possibly a picture of your inventory setup or different gear setups, seeing as some tasks will require a slightly different setup? :P great guide!
    Current goal: Make my first script

Clay miner: 70% Completed

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

What would the best gear be if you have less than 10M?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Proselyte for under 10M if you have Turmoil, or Barrows if you don't.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Proselyte for under 10M if you have Turmoil, or Barrows if you don't.
    Barrows will go good with me but i hate the fact that you have to keep fixing it..i might get bandos with a loan of a friend..thanks for the info shay..

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

^Best gear.
    Well best gear without goliath gloves.
    My goal to max cape #2:Here. Check it out

Previously Known As Liimujx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

^Best gear.
    Thanks, I will put that in the first post!

Quote Originally Posted by bishknight View Post
    This was a really useful guide to me, reminded me of a fair few things like though iirc, overloads were considered the best to use for slayer, better than extremes anyway? Not sure on this though. You could include things like healing methods(sgs, soul split, bunyip etc) or make a complete task list, I'd benefit a lot from that, or possibly a picture of your inventory setup or different gear setups, seeing as some tasks will require a slightly different setup? :P great guide!
    I will be updating this, I just did this while I had an AFK task. Yes OVLs are best for Slayer, however since you pray on almost all tasks the extra defence is kind of wasted. It's easy enough to just repot every 5 minutes with extremes if need be (att + str)

Quote Originally Posted by Liimujx View Post
    Well best gear without goliath gloves.
    True, however, only being able to have 3 sets of Goliaths makes them kind of annoying to use. I just stick with Culinoromancers gloves.

EDIT: If people could get pictures of the best gear for Metal drags (Virtus + arcane with arma b staff) that would be really appreciated! Also, accurate xp/hrs would be amazing as well, along with other peoples personal skip lists and such.
    Last edited by Hazzah; 07-06-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    Thanks, I will put that in the first post!

I will be updating this, I just did this while I had an AFK task. Yes OVLs are best for Slayer, however since you pray on almost all tasks the extra defence is kind of wasted. It's easy enough to just repot every 5 minutes with extremes if need be (att + str)

True, however, only being able to have 3 sets of Goliaths makes them kind of annoying to use. I just stick with Culinoromancers gloves.

EDIT: If people could get pictures of the best gear for Metal drags (Virtus + arcane with arma b staff) that would be really appreciated! Also, accurate xp/hrs would be amazing as well, along with other peoples personal skip lists and such.

Give me a sec lol.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Fero ring if you're doing it in the Kuradels Dungeon..

Ideal inventory..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Fero ring if you're doing it in the Kuradels Dungeon..
    Haha thanks. I figured you had something for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Updated some pictures and inventories. Thanks Sin for the maxed equipment setups!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

I'll get you a bloodveld setup.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

This guide comes in a good time! Right before getting 99 Slayer ! How lucky am I?
    OH WELL...I can always give a try at next Rs update! *social slayer* or w/e is called !

oh...forgot it...EDIT1

EDIT2: rep+ for da guide
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    This guide comes in a good time! Right before getting 99 Slayer ! How lucky am I?
    OH WELL...I can always give a try at next Rs update! *social slayer* or w/e is called !

oh...forgot it...EDIT1

EDIT2: rep+ for da guide
    Its a very rough guide atm, but a good bunch here have been suggesting and helping me with it since I know a lot of us only have slayer left for max cape, or a few skills and slayer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found your guide very accurate. Although warped tortoises can be easy to get to with tree spirits and can be 500k-1m gp/hr they are crowded </3

Also you didn't mention gargoyles/hellhounds. Hellhounds are AWESOME in resource dungeon. Alot of people don't like gargoyles but I don't mind them. Suqah are also a task you can cannon.

Do you want comments on other creatures you haven't mentioned?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Ah, been looking for something like this! am noob at slayer, so this is quite helpful! Thanks!

p.s edit black dragons task image

Last known as Jonno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno View Post
    Ah, been looking for something like this! am noob at slayer, so this is quite helpful! Thanks!

p.s edit black dragons task image

I seem to be missing super antifires! Will update that in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by lilcmp1 View Post
    I found your guide very accurate. Although warped tortoises can be easy to get to with tree spirits and can be 500k-1m gp/hr they are crowded </3

Also you didn't mention gargoyles/hellhounds. Hellhounds are AWESOME in resource dungeon. Alot of people don't like gargoyles but I don't mind them. Suqah are also a task you can cannon.

Do you want comments on other creatures you haven't mentioned?
    I know I am missing some, if you could list out the ones I am missing that would be a large help (only for kuradel please). I will be adding more in tomorrow morning if I am up early enough, otherwise it might not be until late afternoon.

E: Some slight updates, will be looking through the kuradel task list later on if I find myself with nothing better to do.
    Last edited by Hazzah; 07-07-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Slightly updated, need to get some more pictures and still waiting on Sin for Bloodveld setup!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

- if under 95 slayer and have goliaths do these in the ancient cavern, if 95+ summoning, do these in the chaos tunnels
    Under 89, I do them with Geyser Titan just fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information