Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Say Hazzah to Slayer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Then I shall have to test it personally! Any chance I can get an inventory/setup for waterfiends then as well? :P

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

High DPS/Conserving prayer pots

Conserving prayer pots

Best DPS

Also, if you don't have access to the Meiyerditch dungeon, DO NOT DO BLOODVELDS!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

ganodermic creatures- sadly these along with all other polypore creatures should be blocked
    If you cannon them you actualy make quite a good profit and the xp isn't too bad too.

I never skiped those on my way to 99.
    My scripts:
    Advanced Barb Agility Course(outdated), MonkeyThieverV0.11, MahoganyTableV0.4(outdated)
    Questions? I bet that for 98% of those, you'll find answer HERE

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Waterfiends setup.
    It might look a bit off, but it perfectly balances mage and range defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eska View Post
    If you cannon them you actualy make quite a good profit and the xp isn't too bad too.

I never skiped those on my way to 99.
    I didn't know you could cannon the grifalaroos and the other things, I know Ganodermic beasts are great xp + money, but I can't do them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    I didn't know you could cannon the grifalaroos and the other things, I know Ganodermic beasts are great xp + money, but I can't do them.
    Nahhhh the grifalo thingy sucks. Never, ever, ever try them. Big waste of time.

I'm talking about the fat one lvl 95 slayer at the lowest level of that cave.
    Runeshark actualy made a guide how to cannon them.
    My scripts:
    Advanced Barb Agility Course(outdated), MonkeyThieverV0.11, MahoganyTableV0.4(outdated)
    Questions? I bet that for 98% of those, you'll find answer HERE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eska View Post
    Nahhhh the grifalo thingy sucks. Never, ever, ever try them. Big waste of time.

I'm talking about the fat one lvl 95 slayer at the lowest level of that cave.
    Runeshark actualy made a guide how to cannon them.
    Yea I'm 94 slayer, so I might unblock them when I get 95.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Thanks for this man, will be using this to help me get to 99 slayer

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I haven't been able to play much today since the heat is finally gone. This weekend I will try to get more pictures up and more general information on each task.
    Last edited by Hazzah; 07-10-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Small addition with the release of the Ice Strykewyrm pet and co-op slayer.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Guide looks great! When I get around to actually doing slayer, I'll be sure to follow it!

Just a few typos for you :

1. Abberant Spectres- Reasons are obvious, use a cannon and mange 60-70k slayer experience/hr. This inventory should be the exact same as Dagganoths, without the games necklace. Use the above melee setup while praying mage and turmoil.

^ is "mange" supposed to be "Range" or "mage"? It looks like a hybrid of the two as of right now :P.

31.Waterfiends - if under 89 slayer and have goliaths do these in the ancient cavern, if 89+ summoning, do these in the chaos tunnels with the following melee/mage setup.

^Am I misunderstanding, or are they both supposed to be either slayer, or summoning. How it's worded it seems they are supposed to be one skill and you got mixed up, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the guide !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke L View Post
    Guide looks great! When I get around to actually doing slayer, I'll be sure to follow it!

Just a few typos for you :

1. Abberant Spectres- Reasons are obvious, use a cannon and mange 60-70k slayer experience/hr. This inventory should be the exact same as Dagganoths, without the games necklace. Use the above melee setup while praying mage and turmoil.

^ is "mange" supposed to be "Range" or "mage"? It looks like a hybrid of the two as of right now :P.

31.Waterfiends - if under 89 slayer and have goliaths do these in the ancient cavern, if 89+ summoning, do these in the chaos tunnels with the following melee/mage setup.

^Am I misunderstanding, or are they both supposed to be either slayer, or summoning. How it's worded it seems they are supposed to be one skill and you got mixed up, correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the guide !!
    Thanks Luke! I will update them. mange is supposed to be "Using a cannon you can manage upto 70k xp/hr"

Waterfiends I might have to rewrite this portion because I personally don't use the method I wrote above.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very nice guide. plan to use it soon.
    just a quick question though...when it comes to effigy drops how many do you think one can expect someone could get from 70ish to 99 slayer?
    and
    since i already have about 20+ effigys in my bank is it worth using them all now or wait until im at 97 slayer and use them to 99 even though using this method wouldnt allow me to get any as drops on my way to 99 slayer since id be over the 5 effigy limit?
    99's achieved since using Simba
    Runecrafting, Herblore, Magic, Prayer, Farming, Mining, Smithing, Dungeoneering, Construction, Crafting
    Currently Training - Slayer **/99

Goal: Max Cape

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speedypetey View Post
    very nice guide. plan to use it soon.
    just a quick question though...when it comes to effigy drops how many do you think one can expect someone could get from 70ish to 99 slayer?
    and
    since i already have about 20+ effigys in my bank is it worth using them all now or wait until im at 97 slayer and use them to 99 even though using this method wouldnt allow me to get any as drops on my way to 99 slayer since id be over the 5 effigy limit?
    You will average about 1/500k xp ( I have gotten 10 in 4.2m xp). I would suggest you open them all and either boost slayer with them or another skill that you dislike. At ~92 slayer you will get 40k xp/ lamp so if you save them all you can essentially skip 96-97 slayer.

Personally I would open them all and use them on slayer ASAP.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzah View Post
    Thanks Luke! I will update them. mange is supposed to be "Using a cannon you can manage upto 70k xp/hr"

Waterfiends I might have to rewrite this portion because I personally don't use the method I wrote above.
    Your welcome! and yeah I look forward to the waterfiends part . I need charms for 90-99 summ to finish max combat, and I just bought a chaotic maul . Hopefully I can get brandons WFK working for new SRL - but for now.. Ima bot idung as long as I can ^-^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke L View Post
    Your welcome! and yeah I look forward to the waterfiends part . I need charms for 90-99 summ to finish max combat, and I just bought a chaotic maul . Hopefully I can get brandons WFK working for new SRL - but for now.. Ima bot idung as long as I can ^-^
    Haha, reached 87 on one of my accounts, and a bit higher on my main account, so looking forward to some iDung myself!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

thanks for taking the time to have a specific section on each monster

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information