Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SRL YouTube Challenge!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Default SRL YouTube Challenge!

Welcome to the SRL YouTube Challenge!
    Here you can compete to make the best videos for SRL, that will be featured for a while on the SRL YouTube channel.

Challenge #1

Rules:
    • Must be original, copying will result in instant disq.
    • Must be creative (Try)
    • Must be 60 seconds or longer (Anything shorter will not count)
    • Must be willing to give full rights of video up to SRL Youtube channel (Its in signature)

Challenge #2
    Create a detailed guide related to SRL (Scripting/setting up/etc. try to think original there are already many videos on scripting/setting up try "different" try not to use anything already in the youtube channel)
    EXAMPLE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MosyyjP2s

Rules:
    • Must be original, copying will result in instant disq.
    • Must be detailed
    • Must be 120 seconds or longer (Anything shorter will not count)
    • Must be willing to give full rights of video up to SRL Youtube channel (Its in signature)

Time Limit
    August 10th is when I close the contest.
    PM me a copy of the files, also it is optional if you want to upload it to YouTube as well.

Rewards:
    If you win the promotion contest the RSGP reward is 15m RSGP
    If you win the Tutorial contest the RSGP reward is 15m RSGP

+Featured for a month.
    -----

There may NOT be a winner if the entries are not satisfactory, but there will be consolation prizes in that case (5m, to the top 3 that I think did the best)
    Last edited by [XoL]; 07-12-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Quoted
    418 Post(s)

Great idea, why not have more of these yay!
    Bad timing though rofl, everything is BORKED!
    Right to SRL Youtube huh? So you get the adsense?! Fine with me I guess :].

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Haha things will get fixed, benland100 is almost done with SMART corrections (I believe).
    I like to see competitions, and 30m RSGP isn't too much for me to part with.

Edit: I haven't set up adsense :P, lol I don't plan to any time soon either ads before video's annoy me.
    Proof: http://i.imgur.com/64eIH.png
    Last edited by [XoL]; 07-12-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll be taking my shot at this, already have a few ideas.
    I'm Silent SPY
    Secret project: 0%
    Need help? Send me a PM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Damn! I really wish I could take part in this - but for the life of me I can't make videos worth a poop.

As for written guides, I wrote the most viewed and replied runescape pure guide on the Internet for rsbots.net, Luke L's maxed/perfect mauler guide!

If there is ever a competition for tutorial writing to be made for posting on the forums , I'd love to partake (actually I'm going to start writing these guides soon anyways just to help the community ^.^)

Best of luck to the competitors!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

I've got some clips
    Brb getting that 15M.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone want to team up with me? I'll edit it & have a great sag actor for voiceovers.... I can edit your footage to present something amazing drop me a pm if anyone interested.

I dont need the gp. Just like to help the community.
    Last edited by Jos3ph; 07-15-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it would be a good idea to make rewards also be access to srl mem+ for valuable members that prefer not to script but make use of other talents to help the srl community.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illester View Post
    I think it would be a good idea to make rewards also be access to srl mem+ for valuable members that prefer not to script but make use of other talents to help the srl community.
    I don't have those powers, nor would I want them to come from this challenge sorry.

Srl members is a community rank, if you show your community based and keep at it for a very very long period of time you will be noticed but in that time you could EASILY learn to script. Honestly you can pick up scripting in a day (pick it up not master) try YoHoJo's videos or the text guides in the guides section they are pretty straight forward!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R4nd0m View Post
    I don't have those powers, nor would I want them to come from this challenge sorry.

Srl members is a community rank, if you show your community based and keep at it for a very very long period of time you will be noticed but in that time you could EASILY learn to script. Honestly you can pick up scripting in a day (pick it up not master) try YoHoJo's videos or the text guides in the guides section they are pretty straight forward!
    What if... omg this must seem like its totally not possible to you or something... but what if i don't WANT to. I don't like it, why would i get into to it if its not enjoyable to me. Nothing good comes out when you do something you don't enjoy. But i do like the srl community and have many multimedia skills to get recognition for this community if it be needed. Almost ten years of runescape experience (that sounds so laaame) to help people in the forum or create a helpful thread about something rs related when requested. But most importantly and summing that up, just being a good member of the community who wants to be here, not just for PIXELZ OR GEEPEEZ to sell on craigslist but for the great community. I understand that one of the main goals of this place is to get people into scripting but i just hope that you can understand where i'm coming from. I'm just saying that people who choose not to script but to help otherwise should have oppurtunities to achieve srl member rank also. (like the application for scripter's)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by illester View Post
    What if... omg this must seem like its totally not possible to you or something... but what if i don't WANT to. I don't like it, why would i get into to it if its not enjoyable to me. Nothing good comes out when you do something you don't enjoy. But i do like the srl community and have many multimedia skills to get recognition for this community if it be needed. Almost ten years of runescape experience (that sounds so laaame) to help people in the forum or create a helpful thread about something rs related when requested. But most importantly and summing that up, just being a good member of the community who wants to be here, not just for PIXELZ OR GEEPEEZ to sell on craigslist but for the great community. I understand that one of the main goals of this place is to get people into scripting but i just hope that you can understand where i'm coming from. I'm just saying that people who choose not to script but to help otherwise should have oppurtunities to achieve srl member rank also. (like the application for scripter's)
    Yes they exist, but in the end of the day to be considered for that the goal must not be "become a SRL member" the goal must be help the community and it WILL take much longer to go this path than creating a script and proving you are here for the community. (Even if it is simpler compared to other applicants, if you bring a lot to the table you will be considered)

Anything is possible provided you put the community > self interest.
    Best of luck, but the rank SRL members cannot be "won".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Hopefully I am going on holiday tonight. I'll be back in about 10 days. I'll make those vids then if contest is still available.
    Goals:
    Understanding TPAs
    Making Proggy for fighting
    Getting on SRL members
    Get 500 posts

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yes they exist, but in the end of the day to be considered for that the goal must not be "become a SRL member" the goal must be help the community and it WILL take much longer to go this path than creating a script and proving you are here for the community. (Even if it is simpler compared to other applicants, if you bring a lot to the table you will be considered)

Anything is possible provided you put the community > self interest.
    Best of luck, but the rank SRL members cannot be "won".
    What it one starts writing a lot of useful guides for the community .

haha no I'm not really "going for SRL members". I just like to write guides that people enjoy or like. I didn't think it was possible to become an SRL member without writing a script.

I shall just keep racking up the tutorials and maybe I shall be noticed

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

Might as well bump with a question.

The first script in the video (x fighter pro), how does he remove the white background hat you get with bitmaps?

I could search for it myself, but it's 1:43 AM and I'm a tad bit tired.

EDIT: Found it:

Simba Code:
    procedure SetTransparentColor(bmp : integer; Color : TColor);
    Last edited by Abu; 07-24-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why not extend the date since we're not at 100% working power right now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Simba works o.o?
    Is it not working for all of you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Simba works o.o?
    Is it not working for all of you?
    I've only been using the temp fix...what are you doing that makes all your scripts work?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by po2n star View Post
    I've only been using the temp fix...what are you doing that makes all your scripts work?
    I don't bot, I just made it load smart and figured it worked.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

No one wins
    No one entered the competition, perhaps we can try this another time

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Can did competition be postpone and deadline being by september

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

I won't have time to actively judge at that time (nor will I have rsgp at that time, spending my bank)

This competition will return in due time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Disregard this post, should have been worded better.
    Last edited by Leonardo Da Vinci; 08-23-2012 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Fixed for the babies.
    Sinking. Always. Sinking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Law and Justice View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this... Do we really want more bots?
    I mean, I'm a bot, you're a bot, we're all bots.
    But when I see a bot in RuneScape, I report them because I see it as competition. They're taking MY resources.

Having said that, every man has his price.
    I can't script, but I can edit.
    I can make a fairly good video... For a fairly good price.

Edit: Wow, prick alert.
    I just meant that if anyone wants any videos done, I'd be happy to do them for you for some of that delicious golden pixels.

I'm sorry but I have to rant on your arrogance for a second.

First, did you really post on this competition thread to advertise for yourself? You should want to do it for the good of SRL , since they have helped you further yourself - not be a greedy ass.

And really? You report other botters for taking "your" resources, and see them as "competition"? Don't get me wrong, I report gold farming massive Chinese bots, but not a fellow bitter getting their WC up on ivy like me - even if they are cutting the ivy I am.

If everyone thought like you did, the scripters wouldn't make scripts for us to use, since we would be their "competition". Try to make some thought out opinions instead of just greedy selfish ones.

Remember the rule "treat others how you would like to be treated" - don't be a douche :/.

OT: sad that th competition is down, was looking forward to what talent was around here! Hopefully it's back in motion soon ^.^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke L View Post
    I'm sorry but I have to rant on your arrogance for a second.

First, did you really post on this competition thread to advertise for yourself? You should want to do it for the good of SRL , since they have helped you further yourself - not be a greedy ass.

And really? You report other botters for taking "your" resources, and see them as "competition"? Don't get me wrong, I report gold farming massive Chinese bots, but not a fellow bitter getting their WC up on ivy like me - even if they are cutting the ivy I am.

If everyone thought like you did, the scripters wouldn't make scripts for us to use, since we would be their "competition". Try to make some thought out opinions instead of just greedy selfish ones.

Remember the rule "treat others how you would like to be treated" - don't be a douche :/.

OT: sad that th competition is down, was looking forward to what talent was around here! Hopefully it's back in motion soon ^.^
    Arrogance? I even pointed out that I was sounding like a prick, it was not arrogance, you just didn't get your milk bottle warm enough today, so you're a little grumpy.

I was simply stating that if anyone wants any video editing done at all, as in for their YouTube videos or something of the kind, that I can do it for RSGP. It wasn't in relation to the competition, perhaps I should have worded myself better for the hostile grumpy people who automatically assume the worst in people... But perhaps you should also use common sense before you start getting all hostile.
    Obviously I don't report people from villavu, use your brain. If I was to report people from villavu, that would be bad for the community. Is it not obvious that I was talking about dragon botters ect? I mean, seriously. I've got friends on RS from villavu that I know bot, I don't report them, or anyone who's just trying to level their skills. More people do that than who play.
    I love this community and would go very far out of my way to help anyone in any way I could.

Next time, I'll try to word it and explain myself a little better, and you don't assume the worst and get all hostile.
    Sinking. Always. Sinking.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Law and Justice View Post
    Arrogance? I even pointed out that I was sounding like a prick, it was not arrogance, you just didn't get your milk bottle warm enough today, so you're a little grumpy.

I was simply stating that if anyone wants any video editing done at all, as in for their YouTube videos or something of the kind, that I can do it for RSGP. It wasn't in relation to the competition, perhaps I should have worded myself better for the hostile grumpy people who automatically assume the worst in people... But perhaps you should also use common sense before you start getting all hostile.
    Obviously I don't report people from villavu, use your brain. If I was to report people from villavu, that would be bad for the community. Is it not obvious that I was talking about dragon botters ect? I mean, seriously. I've got friends on RS from villavu that I know bot, I don't report them, or anyone who's just trying to level their skills. More people do that than who play.
    I love this community and would go very far out of my way to help anyone in any way I could.

Next time, I'll try to word it and explain myself a little better, and you don't assume the worst and get all hostile.
    As for the prick part - the way you worded it sounded like you were talking to/about someone else .

But your post just doesn't make much sense - You say "obviously I don't report people from Villavu", how do you know which bot is someone here or someone from somewhere else o.o...

But when you say things like "other bots are competition", and "I report them if they are taking my resources" , How was I to take your post other then thinking the worst? If you do truly only report more aimed at the chinese gold farmers then you poorly worded it (which I do see you acknowledged). But like I said - Sorry if I did get hostile, but from the way it was worded I wasn't making too hasty of conclusions.

oh and last - But the advertising your business here is still kinda sketchy =p. I mean, posting on a competition thread that is asking for video editors, saying "anyone who wants a video edited can pay me RsGp" is just kinda...off. There are market sections on other websites for that .

+reped for admitting your wording and editing the post, glad you only report the gold farmers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information