Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeoneering: The Basics.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Default Dungeoneering: The Basics.

Hello guys, with the release of iDungeon as a free script (for now ), alot of people have been wondering what to do in Dungeoneering. This guide will show you what binds to use, what floors to do, and what settings to use.This is NOT an indepth guide on Dungeoneering, it's a beginners guide.

Table Of Contents
    Comic Sans MS! You Mad Comic Sans haters? (Kyle <3)

Section 1: Binds
    i: What are Binds?
    ii: What Binds are the best for me?
    iii: Future Binds?

Section 2: Floors
    i: Prestige
    ii: Which floors should I do?

Section 3: iDungeon Settings:
    inDev

Section 1: Binds
    What are Binds?
    When a player enters a dungeon, they start off with NO items. Binds exempt that rule. When a player finds an item that they would like to keep, they can right click and choose the Bind option to keep the item throughout their dungeoneering experience. The amount of binds vary from levels 1 to 120. Refer to this table for more information.

Once an item is bound, the player will always begin the dungeon with said item(s).

What binds are best for me?
    The quality of your binds vary on how many you have. For example, someone with 1-49 Dungeoneering would be better off with a weapon rather than something like a Shadow Silk Hood.

From 1-49 Dungeoneering i'd recommend the best available 2 Handed sword to you.

For example, if I were 90 Attack, i'd want a Promethium 2H. There is one exception to this though. If you are 99 Attack, you'd be better off binding a Primal Battleaxe rather than a Promethium 2H as the Primal 2H (a big black, long sword ;D) is only available at 113 Dungeoneering. The Primal Battleaxe has a proven higher DPS (Damage Per Second) than a Promethium 2H.

From 50-99 Dungeoneering, there're a few choices for secondary binds. Here is the tier system (rated from 3bo, one of the best Dungeoneering clans).

Hexhunter Bow > Blood Necklace > Shadow Silk Hood > Highest Platebody

Descriptions of the items:

Hexhunter Bow:
    An absolute beast of a weapon, probably one of the best and rarest items in the Dungeoneering skill. It's dropped by a Soulgazer, which requires level 99 Slayer to kill. It hits harder against mages and certain bosses.

Blood Necklace:
    Heals you when you're near other monsters, however you need to be close to them.

Shadow Silk Hood:
    The antichrist to the Blood Necklace, it keeps you AWAY from monsters.
    It virtually renders you invisible to humanoid monsters.

From 100-119 Dungeoneering, I'd recommend you to bind the strongest platebody you can along with one of the above items, as well as a main weapon. Fairly simple here.

120 Dungeoneering: Anything!

Ammo Binds -
    Along with weapon binds, Dungeoneering offers something called Ammo Binds. These are different than the weapon binds and they have a limit of 125. You can bind anything which is classified as ammo, such as Runes (Cosmic, Laws, Deaths, Airs etc..), Arrows (Sagittarian, Promethium, Gorgonite), and a highly recommended bind if you don't have a Hexhunter Bow, the Celestial Surgebox.
    The Celestial Surgebox can store 125 casts of either a Wind Surge or Wind Wave.
    It is worth noting that after the completion of Salt In The Wound quest, your ammo cap rises to 225, rather than 125.
    The quest is a really simple feat to accomplish, taking less than 30 minutes.

Future Binds
    Always plan ahead! You'll learn on your way (if you legit dung ) to what binds are good for you. Experiment with what works best for you. However, always make sure that a Primal 2H and a Hexhunter Bow are binds for you. They're hands down the BEST binds any dungeoneerer could have.

Section 2: Floors
    Prestige
    In RSWiki's Defintion:
    Prestige is a mechanism in Dungeoneering that contributes to determining how much experience the player is given. It is one of the biggest factors that determine how much Dungeoneering experience one gets, along with the dungeon floor's base experience. It is designed to prevent constant reraiding of the same floor by offering 50% less xp.
    The general concept of prestige: for maximum experience, do every floor available at your dungeoneering level once and only once, then reset your progress and repeat. Prestige is used to calculate the base experience you receive when completing a floor. The average of the dungeon floor's experience and the experience value of your current Prestige becomes the base experience that you receive for that floor.
    Prestige is hands down one of the most important things to use in Dungeoneering! Do NOT skip ANY floors, do ALL of them!

Which floors should I do?
    By which floors should you do, I mean that which floors should you C1 rush, and which floors you should C6 Small/Med. The higher the complexity, the bigger the experience reward at the end.

Until 69 (-.-) or so Dungeoneering, you should do EVERY floor at a C6 level, this'll allow you to obtain maximum experience. However, once you unlock the Abandoned 2 theme, your xp will shoot up drastically. So my answer is to do all floors up till floor 25 (when you're 70 Dungeoneering, floor 30 once you've unlocked the Occult theme) at the C1 complexity, and C6 5:5 (or bot ) the rest! This'll allow you to maximise your experience.

I'll write the botting part later on, once I take a look at iDungeon's settings
    There are a few errors in here, please help me correct them!

I only copied the pictures

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Hood sucks, platebody is def better than hood.
    My goal to max cape #2:Here. Check it out

Previously Known As Liimujx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Awesome. Thank you very much for posting this.
    - My Scripts (Beginning to Update to SRL 6) -

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Liimujx View Post
    Not necessarily, for people who bot, Hood > Platebody.
    I guess it's all preference though :P

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shay View Post
    Not necessarily, for people who bot, Hood > Platebody.
    I guess it's all preference though :P
    Well when botting you will be the sole tanker, and iDungeon won't pray that much, so you will get wrecked by meleers and rangers, so I would say its better, but maybe the lower ur def lvl, hood would probably be better, like at 40-60 def.
    My goal to max cape #2:Here. Check it out

Previously Known As Liimujx

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Well when botting you will be the sole tanker, and iDungeon won't pray that much, so you will get wrecked by meleers and rangers, so I would say its better, but maybe the lower ur def lvl, hood would probably be better, like at 40-60 def.
    Yeah that's what I meant, most people who are maxed melee won't be looking/needing this guide

Just asked 3bo Hood or Plate @ 50 Dung, majority of the answer was Hood.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

This.. I got primal plate and hood binded but before I had a hood alone and it was so bad.. dungeons tend to have a ton of rangers and stuff. So I swapped my hood for a primal plate until I was 100 dung so now I got both.

Hood > Prom Plate.. That's more specific. Primal Plate > Hood, even on the trio and mercenary. And it's especially better on the skinweaver guys.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

so im 59 dung, should i get a bow as a secondary? i currently have my idung settings to not use a second att style. i have a prom 2h and prom plate binded. should i swap the palte for a bow? and just did my first legit dung! did a large in 45 mins for like 10k xp with 13 deaths!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please help me? Nice guide but can you add what settings you should choose for the stats you have? Can you guys tell me the BEST SETTINGS for My stats the yellow block means there in there 10s like 8* means its in its EIGHTYS anyways can you tell me the best settings to maximize my exp/hr i have 1 binded 2h and other is a chainbody. Like explorer on or off etc. Prayer doors or not. [/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idodew View Post
    so im 59 dung, should i get a bow as a secondary? i currently have my idung settings to not use a second att style. i have a prom 2h and prom plate binded. should i swap the palte for a bow? and just did my first legit dung! did a large in 45 mins for like 10k xp with 13 deaths!
    Unless it's a Hexhunter bow, do NOT switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
    Please help me? Nice guide but can you add what settings you should choose for the stats you have? Can you guys tell me the BEST SETTINGS for My stats the yellow block means there in there 10s like 8* means its in its EIGHTYS anyways can you tell me the best settings to maximize my exp/hr i have 1 binded 2h and other is a chainbody. Like explorer on or off etc. Prayer doors or not.
    [/QUOTE]
    Prayer doors defo. Just leave stock settings if you're not a pure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

alright thanks. and just a tip, in the settings where there is some setting to keep it from attacking all the monsters in the dungeon keep that unticked so it just runs through. sped up my xp by like 5k and thanks shay. i got a prom plate like 20 mins ago to go with my prom 2h its way better die alot less now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks a lot.
    Prestige stuff was KILLING my xp. I had like 1k tokens at 45 dung.
    Lets offset that red rep you got.

Just one thing. You can bind ammo to yourself at no cost of a bind slot.
    And my question, if I reset my prestige at say: 3 floors and my max was f25 and my prestige so far was 25. If I reset my ring, will I have a prestige of 3 or 25?
    That sounds vague.. If I reset my ring after doing 3 floors when I previously prestiged 25, will my prestige go down or stay my best?

Great guide!
    ~Joe

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

should i have it bind extra runes? that was my other question.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

RIGHT. I forgot about ammo! I'll add that in now, thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

RIGHT. I forgot about ammo! I'll add that in now, thanks
    Yuuup... and my question???

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

And my question, if I reset my prestige at say: 3 floors and my max was f25 and my prestige so far was 25. If I reset my ring, will I have a prestige of 3 or 25?
    You'll have a prestige of 3, not good :$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You'll have a prestige of 3, not good :$
    Whew... was almost about to reset. Thanks!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Ok so this helped me realize I was making a mistake. I am f2p so my floor max is 35. So I should be rushing c1 til about 30 then do large 5:5's?
    Before I was rushing c1 till like 15-20 then I would do larges with my friends.
    I have 60 something dung (69 if I remember correctly) and have fractite plate and 2h bound to me with 125 law runes. I only have 32k tokens atm so ishould I be getting more xp and tokens?
    FEEL FREE TO PM ME ABOUT ANYTHING! Will help over Teamviewer...just ask!! "WITH A NEW QUESTION COMES A NEW CHALLENGE"
    Silentcore's AIO Service team !!! Pm me if you want questing done or service done or post on thread ofc

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Yes actually, did you spend tokens before? You should have enough for gravite @ level 65 ish

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    89 Post(s)

Spent some on xp but thats it. I had just over 40k at 65 so I guess whatever I was doing was right.
    FEEL FREE TO PM ME ABOUT ANYTHING! Will help over Teamviewer...just ask!! "WITH A NEW QUESTION COMES A NEW CHALLENGE"
    Silentcore's AIO Service team !!! Pm me if you want questing done or service done or post on thread ofc

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

should i have the runecraft option set? or do i not need it? im 99 rc so i dont care about xp... i want the settings to maxamise my dung xp nothing else.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    863 Post(s)

Yes, it creates gatestones then, for the bot to tele to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Very nice sin. I wrote an extensive version of this for pures, that used to be included in my maxed granite mailer guide.

When I get home later today I'll Skype you and you can include a "pure set up" to your original post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Should I wear boss attack specific items?
    Like if I'm against the shadowforger wear mage equipment to bounce his spells?
    And a little list of the bosses' weaknesses would make life easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great guide!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information