Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Admins: Can we Please get rid of these folks!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Default Admins: Can we Please get rid of these folks!!!!!

Admins...
    Can we Please get rid of these darn spammers..... this is getting quite out of hand..... it is getting to the point where you cannot find the legitimate threads..... and this is happenning to progressively more of our forums.....we are in need of a serious thread cleaning I am afraid.....

Suggestion: New members cannot post for a week or something...

Note: I wanted to send this privately but there seems to be no one on at the moment so I figured this post might be the quickest way to get the word out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

My goodness this wasnt posted 2 entire minutes and someone posted another spam

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)

yeha i second this motion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)

A week is not necessary, in fact it will only result in more leechers, so a lose lose situation.

Maybe 24 hours will be better? Give them time to read over rules and FAQ and see how the forum works...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)

Either way I think there should be a way to prevent these spam guys

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Yeah its getting very annoying.
    Don't know what can be done, but would be nice to be free of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

third-ed. its ridiculous. the next person I see selling louis vuitton bags...

Iiiiin a good way.
    Currently: Very busy
    Future Goals: finish nursing school, RS later.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

i have an idea. incorporate a CAPTCHA + 2 security questions that can rotate through a select set.

Problem Solved

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

The staff been working on it, it's just that they create new users right when the other previous account is banned. Although a bit of solutions out there for this issue & probably are being discussed in the upper-boards.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

It's because this forum's captcha like everything else is very outdated.. Forums needs an update.. a new skin :S

No the staff has been working on it since 2 years ago. I had a green name on my old account when I posted this exploit. I can't remember the username or password but the account is very old.

The captcha is broken with just google chrome alone! I cannot find my old post about it but a simba script can break the captcha in less than 5 seconds. Yes I know it's ridiculous.

Replication from my old post when I had a green name:

1. Have Simba open Google Chrome with the registration link. Something like register.php or something.
    2. Have the script right click all 8 captcha images and open them in new tabs..
    3. Have the script iterate through each tab. Whichever tab has continue to registration, use that tab.
    4. Have the script fill in user info. Can be any old crap or whatever. I can't remember if email validation is needed.
    5. If email validation is actually needed, it isn't hard to have the script use mailinator or similar websites.
    6. Have the script spam threads as much as you wish.
    7. Please please don't use the instructions I posted above. It's just to show how easy this site is to break through.

Imagine all the other stuff you can do <.<.. Anyway my 2 cents: Don't use stupid word captchas.. The captcha breakers out there can destroy those word ones unless they're really really really good! It's just this image stuff well.. it's not that good either. You need a random question and answer thing. Something like: How many legs does a spider have <-- insert box here for answer which would be 8. Or how many legs does a squid have or octopus or something! Anything! Just no silly images or write the word above in the below box crap.

Btw. The Registration php captcha only has 40 images. So.. scripts can learn them
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-23-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

I want some Louis Vaton hand bags though...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    It's because this forum's captcha like everything else is very outdated.. Forums needs an update.. a new skin :S

No the staff has been working on it since 2 years ago. I had a green name on my old account when I posted this exploit. I can't remember the username or password but the account is very old.

The captcha is broken with just google chrome alone! I cannot find my old post about it but a simba script can break the captcha in less than 5 seconds. Yes I know it's ridiculous.

Replication from my old post when I had a green name:

*deleted*

Imagine all the other stuff you can do <.<.. Anyway my 2 cents: Don't use stupid word captchas.. The captcha breakers out there can destroy those word ones unless they're really really really good!

Btw. The Registration php captcha only has 40 images. So.. scripts can learn them
    Ha definitely dont post instructions!!!

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Benny View Post
    Ha definitely dont post instructions!!!
    Well the chances of someone being able to do it well.. I wouldn't put it past anyone but it's still pretty slim. I remember posting it ages! ago so I guess it wouldn't make a difference now? Iunno if a mod doesn't like my post then they can delete it or just msg me to delete it. It's just an example of how easy it is to break.

Meh I like to post all the cool haxor stuffs. Besides these bots are already doing it so me posting it shouldn't make much diff I think..
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-23-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

We had talk about this like every year, and we would definitly like to see them go away
    http://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67037
    Oh Hai Dar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

I like the idea of the randomised question upon sign-up
    I think we should also make it mandatory for a new user to have read the rules and FAQ threads prior to being able to post. I know this is possible as I have seen it done on other vBulletin forums.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

We have a lot of anti-spam implemented into registration. Sadly, the any additions we make are quickly overcome by the bots (kind of like Jagex and us ). The best thing to do is report the post so a staff member can take a appropriate action.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

i agree, i dont not care about good clean fresh ccv and his hacking skills
    >:)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    (kind of like Jagex and us ).
    perfectly said. they'll just figure out a way around it just be careful what you click, and report post. would be nice to see them go away though.
    Last edited by pulse0; 07-23-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

We have a lot of anti-spam implemented into registration. Sadly, the any additions we make are quickly overcome by the bots (kind of like Jagex and us ). The best thing to do is report the post so a staff member can take a appropriate action.
    Good luck with that.. It isn't true. A question and answer will stop almost all of it. They'd have to work sooo much harder to get around that. We have NO antispam implemented. A simple image overcome by google tabs isn't anything at all. It wouldn't hurt to put 100 question-answer captchas. 100 questions would be more than enough to fend off the majority. It'd take so long for them to adapt to each and every question as there really isn't a way to answer it perfectly via a script/bot or w/e. A combination of both would be difficult. Imagine a bot opening 100 tabs just to spam.. That'd be ridiculous.

Also jagex could stop us.. just they care for money is all. A simple bar has us down for 2 weeks already. Exactly 14 days by monday/tuesday (timezone crap).

Check out homepage and see how many posts are legit. That guy isn't banned yet. By the time an admin gets around to it, the mainpage has like 7 spam posts. Multiple spam bots will screw us. It'll have 0 legit posts.

No one wants to see credit cards and stupid cowboys live on the homepage. It has to be fixed.. Reporting isn't enough.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the spammer heard us...

Tonight it will be spammy with a 100% chance of falling credit cards, debit cards, and louis vuitton bags. Be careful out there folks, its going to be a wild storm.

Seriously???

PS. it appears Islam has been banned on SRL...
    Currently: Very busy
    Future Goals: finish nursing school, RS later.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

^ Damn, that's just insane
    Luckly they are dealt with pretty fast.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Guys Guys Guys... There is a simple solution to all of this... ALLOW ME TO USE THE BAN HAMMER!!!

Jk, just keep something simple, like he has to have 15 ligit posts in the general / tutorial sections before allowing them full access.

Like me Ideas?!?!?

For the basics of the basics of pascal, try my TuT. ||Photoshop Editing ||MapleResourceDung Script || Book a flight! BuySellTrip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Would it be possible to limit the number of new threads per hour/day for new users, or even basic users (AKA not junior members+)?

Honestly, most people have no need to post a lot of entirely new threads. At least as a temporary fix, I think this would somewhat mitigate the problem, if it's easy to implement.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)

Don't worry guys, I'm personally on spam watch for the next 6 hours They may create a single thread, but their accounts won't last long

That's what we have been doing. And threads/posts that have been reported more than a week ago are still there!
    Last edited by Daniel; 07-23-2012 at 06:21 AM.
    You may contact me with any concerns you have.
    Are you a victim of harassment? Please notify me or any other staff member.

| SRL Community Rules | SRL Live Help & Chat | Setting up Simba | F.A.Q's |

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Why don't those threads get deleted as well...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information