Thread: IDung - The Setup Guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Default IDung - The Setup Guide

I now strongly advise against this script.

IDung is a script made by the well renowned scripter, Kiko for powerbot. I usually do not endorse any use of injection bots (especially on these forums) but the awesome free exp is too hard to pass up.The script is now a very expensive premium.
    I see a lot of people wondering about the setup of their bot. If you are looking for general dungeoneering info (such as binds), look at Shay's guide here.

As of version 3.1.2 these are the generally agreed 'Best' settings for IDung

Quick pray can be used with turmoil. This is questionable as some sustained fights need all the prayer they can get for protection prayers but overall it will most likely bump up your exp per hour.
    Note: Pures remember to turn on pure mode, this will slightly detriment you exp/hour but it will not ruin your hard work.
    Skipping is also under question whether or not it is better for exp/hour. I recommend trying both and seeing which you like better.

With correct binds (Recommended to get the best 2H, or primal B-axe, and Plate you can wear first, then other items like hexhunter box) this will achieve a relatively good exp/hour. I am personally getting 28-30k/hour at level 79 dung.
    The following is a graph showing the average exp per hour at any level using IDung.
    With the proper setup you should be sitting at the high end of your level.

FAQs

What about rushing floors? I heard it increased exp per hour.
    There are very mixed reports from using the rush feature. The resounding answer seems to be that simply running c6 smalls all the way through achievs the highest exp per hour. Rushing is only recommended when you know what you are doing and are around 100+ dungeoneering.

I'm level 75 dung and I'm only getting like 14k/hour, what am I doing wrong?
    Well first, check your setup and binds, the latter makes a significant difference. Secondly the curve for exp per hour is very steep, levels 60-80 seem very slow as you hover around the 15-20k mark but it gets much better from there.

Where do I get binds? Should I just wait for something to drop?
    Unless you are waiting on something like a shadowsilk hood to drop and you already have your weapon and plate bound then go for it. Otherwise you'll want to sit in the 'Dung Smith' Cc and wait for someone with the required smithing level to log on. Alternatively you can go on the forums and pay someone to craft it for you.

I have 99 strength but only 85 attack, should I bind the prom maul instead?
    Unless you have less than 80 attack so are unable to wield a gorg 2h then it is better to still go for the two hander. The attack style swapping can help out a lot during some fights.

Should I buy any of the ring upgrades?
    They are fairly nice, but pricey. I personally simply use level 3 Berserker (proven to be slightly more efficient overall with a 2h) and have my starting stance in aggressive.

What should I spend my tokens on?
    Generally it is worth saving up for a chaotic weapon (if you don't already have it), all are fairly good and have their own benefits and uses.
    • Rapier - Highest melee DPS chaotic, Highest stab bonus, good for slayer and fighting creatures with lower defence levels. Generally most popular option.
    • Longsword - Highest slash bonus, mostly used for high end pve such as bossing, out-performs the rapier against opponents with a high defense. Close second in popularity.
    • Maul - Highest crush bonus, often used against specific creatures that are weak to crush (such as waterfiends), also very handy in pvp for the high combo hits.
    • Crossbow - Used for any type of range pure or player that has a very high range level compared to other combat stats. Often popular as a second or third chaotic.
    Remember that all chaotics have a 2mil coins or 200k coins + 20k tokens repair cost after 10 hours of combat.
    Other good items to buy after chaotics include Bonecrusher, scroll of efficiency, scroll of life, dragonhorn necklace, longbow sight, merc gloves, arcane stream necklace and coal bag.

Feel free to post any more questions about dungeoneering or about maximising your exp with this bot. If I have missed anything or you believe anything in this guide is wrong pull me up on it I welcome constructive criticism.
    Not 100% sure if this was in the right section and/or allowed to be posted (technically it endorses another bot, although I do not particularly like pb, only this particular script).
    If this thread receives too much flame for being about an injection bot I will take it down.

NOTE: The 'Journals' setting in the setup screenshot is not all-important to the exp gain.

~Caotom
    Last edited by Caotom; 01-06-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks great, I may have to try the bot out
    Mostly Inactive, School

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

You should add in a disclaimer for settings for pures. Otherwise, great and informative guide!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Nice guide, I'm going to bot dungeoneering on my main now that ive tested on my 2nd best acc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)

I like having quick prayer enabled, with turmoil as the quick pray, it speeds up bosses.
    My goal to max cape #2:Here. Check it out

Previously Known As Liimujx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

nice guide, but kiko has made a guide on powerbot and shadowscripting, so it's not really needed here.

Made by P1ng

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

why no quick pray for turmoil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After all the fuzz on Epicbot and Powerbot stealing accounts.. should you trust these bots? I mean i wanna use my main but dunno i'm scared of getting hacked or whatever (gotten hacked 5 times already :s fuckin' chinese)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Liimujx View Post
    I like having quick prayer enabled, with turmoil as the quick pray, it speeds up bosses.
    That's true, but it drains your prayer ALOT quicker. Some bosses only require 1 protection prayer to fight them, and when you run out of prayer the script will teleport out to cook some more food (because you will lose alot of XP if you die), meaning you would lose time too.
    Currently botting: Dungeoneering (101/120)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skillzmatic View Post
    That's true, but it drains your prayer ALOT quicker. Some bosses only require 1 protection prayer to fight them, and when you run out of prayer the script will teleport out to cook some more food (because you will lose alot of XP if you die), meaning you would lose time too.
    Most of the times the boss only uses protection prayer if the boss takes a longer time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

I do not suggest skipping, its better XP without it

Secondary Style...
    -If you want to use Range - *ONLY* bind the best arrows you can use, the script automatically will loot/use a bow from the Start room if it is needed.. ex: occult floors Necrolord.

-If you want Mage - then you would need a Blastbox or Surgebox - I highly recommend getting the surgebox if you can use it. *its considered an ammo bind

Journals is for reaching/using all the floors *60 + after getting all of them you would get free 100k xp for any skill lvl 75+

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)

Thanks dude this is cool
    cheers for this

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Very nice =)! Although I don't know if that graph is very accurate. I am 115+ dung, and although I have had some 7-11 hour proggies of 64k exp an hour, usually after I run it for 18-24 hours, I always settle back down to about 45k exp an hour (after you've gone through all the floors a few times).

And, damn It's like impossible to get in the top 50, every time i get to like rank 55, bot breaks down for a few hours and I go back to 59 :P!

edit: and if you do the math on my sig above, It averages out to only about 50k exp an hour (and for that whole time above, I am 115+ dung).

But I will say, I only have prom 2hn/prom plate/gravekeeper short/prom arrows bound. No primals or hex .

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)

damn you luke im 77

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)

I'm now averaging around 40k/h with 96 dung. Definetly uncheck skipping! It'll low your exp rate quite a much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have no idea why everyone is posting guides on how to use this bot.

We don't even support it on this website.

Why don't we take all the powerbot guides on SRL-Forums,

And post them over there!

Seriously, I use the bot too, but I'm not dripping wet over it posting my reports/guides here

I find it disrespectful to this website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post

Seriously, I use the bot too, but I'm not dripping wet over it posting my reports/guides here

I only created this due to the amount of people that I saw who were asking about how to maximise exp with the bot and the fact that Shay planned to make one but hasn't got round to it (busy with other things...).
    As stated in the OP I do not endorse injection botting, I only find this opportunity to level my most hated skill with a script that would be ridiculously hard to make in simba.
    SRL is and always will be better than powerbot, but the way we work renders things like dungeoneering almost entirely out of our reach.

~Caotom

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Overtime View Post

We don't support it on the website, but what does that matter - we talk about a billion things on this website that we don't support.

And I enjoy the guide he posted here instead of on powerbot - I hate powerbot and their client with a passion, I'm just gay for Kiko. I'd much rather hang around here so I appreciate it being here.

(and if that bot doesn't get you dripping wet, you don't get wet )

Last - I don't think it's disrespectful to the website. We all know and love simba, and everyone agrees that it is just currently too much work to be written in simba. Just because we use iDung doesn't mean we say "piss on simba, it sucks because it doesn't have iDung like powerbot does". We just use it because it's what we have to use for now - why limit ourselves?

edit: not in a disrespectful way, but I imagine you're one of those people who have these kind of stickers all over their vehicle:

"Even if I got a brand new Shelby mustang 500, it's ford - I wouldn't disrespect chevy!"

I know you've been here a hell of a lot longer then me, and your probably quite old school - but try to open up a bit ^.^!

OT: Nice guide =)
    Last edited by Luke L; 07-30-2012 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Very nice guide !
    Been getting ~14k exp per hour with 61 dung.
    Even though my binds are ghetto for my levels (katagon 2h, katagon Full Helm),
    I seem to be above the average calculated by your exponential.
    Also, disabling skipping helps out xp/hr a lot, as it gives the bot more money to buy food,therefore less change of dying.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

this is actually the only good thing you cannot find in simba, yet

its a great guide on people who want to try it out, but remember dont input your pin whatsoever!

Lets hope idung keep free with kiko updating it on a regular basis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wister1 View Post
    this is actually the only good thing you cannot find in simba, yet

its a great guide on people who want to try it out, but remember dont input your pin whatsoever!

Lets hope idung keep free with kiko updating it on a regular basis
    Thanks
    Yeah apparently Kiko plans to keep the script free after it finishes 'Beta' (That might take a very long time given the enormous amount of content in a dung script) but we will see.

~Caotom

Thread Information