• Other, POST ON THREAD EXPLAINING.

5 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100m, interested?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If a script is submitted, is it submitted to you to judge or can everyone see it? (and use it -.-)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    But do note, if you use OpenGL hooking/other methods other than traditional colour finding, then that will reduce the complexity of the script that you will write
    what if it was a dung script

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would like to compete sounds like fun! One suggestion though: I think we should get a choice of scripts to make with equal difficulty so that even if you don't win your script can still be used. If you have a load of scripts that do the same thing I think the time spent by the other competitors beside the winner would be a little wasted.
    We should have more competitions like this even without prize money, it is a great way to advance your scripting skills and go the extra mile trying things you wouldn't normally do. Great idea R4nd0m

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Love the idea!
    I plan on using the special skills (learned from the epic book of pascal) to beat the bejeezus out of you people!!! Good to have a competitive scripting thingy which in the end will have more of us interested in stop being a leech.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    I think it isn't fair that non-members get the same reward. Make it a 75-25 or 60-40 split? This could keep people from applying just to get money, you know.
    And yeah, I would want to compete in that. I think the best method would be if you asked for two scripts per section, one p2p and one f2p method. Non-member challenged would be easier, and both the p2p and f2p challenges would have the same difficulty. It would still make it hard, because people can expand upon the idea(ie you ask for a cow killer and looter, scripter adds a hide-tanning option, topping everyone else with similar complexity)
    Not exactly sure what you are asking sorry it was a long night.
    I am keeping the money equal for both challenges, non-srl members haven't been around the material as long as we have so in general we just have an upper hand, and to combat that I created two sections with equal rewards; well SRL members+ is actually a better award you get a badge that is normally very very rare to receive!

I am thinking of making both scripts F2P just because of fairness again (I want people without "mains" to be able to compete as well) the scripts can still be quite a challenge even if they are mainly f2p and will hint at applying your own spin to things (creativity always gets points in my book!)

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R4nd0m View Post
    I am keeping the money equal for both challenges, non-srl members haven't been around the material as long as we have so in general we just have an upper hand, and to combat that I created two sections with equal rewards; well SRL members+ is actually a better award you get a badge that is normally very very rare to receive!

I am thinking of making both scripts F2P just because of fairness again (I want people without "mains" to be able to compete as well) the scripts can still be quite a challenge even if they are mainly f2p and will hint at applying your own spin to things (creativity always gets points in my book!)
    So, you give us one definite task to bot in f2p("make a FOG bot") or are you going to give general directions("make a script for a minigame")?
    Miner & Urn Crafter & 07 Chicken Killer
    SPS BlindWalk Tutorial

Working on: Nothing

teacher in every art, brought the fire that hath proved to mortals a means to mighty ends

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    Yes, I might compete. R4, you know of my upcoming script--just not sure if it will be finished (or even near-finished) by the deadline.

Subbed to thread btw.
    Anyone wanna read my post? =.=
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Anyone wanna read my post? =.=
    I read it, but you won't be able to use it to complete the task (yes it will be a definite task)

Only because then I can actually gauge the difference between people, via the same script.. it makes it a lot simpler >.<

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

I read it, but you won't be able to use it to complete the task (yes it will be a definite task)

Only because then I can actually gauge the difference between people, via the same script.. it makes it a lot simpler >.<
    So we're all going to be making a script that does the same thing?
    Will this thing be f2p?
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

So we're all going to be making a script that does the same thing?
    Will this thing be f2p?
    He said it a few posts above.
    Miner & Urn Crafter & 07 Chicken Killer
    SPS BlindWalk Tutorial

Working on: Nothing

teacher in every art, brought the fire that hath proved to mortals a means to mighty ends

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

YES, and I WILL COMPETE.

Woud also compete without a 100M prize though.

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Actually you don't have to limit it to f2p. Can be a p2p script with very low/no req so those w/o memb acct can just create 1 which will have 2 weeks trial.

Also i think it's better not to involve fighting scripts since EOC will break them and hence the scripts won't have any use outside of this competition. (Or worse, EOC comes out before the competition ends and no 1 can even test the scripts).

When are you planning to start this competition? It's evident that there will be sufficient participants now.
    Also who will be the panel of judges?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riwu View Post
    Actually you don't have to limit it to f2p. Can be a p2p script with very low/no req so those w/o memb acct can just create 1 which will have 2 weeks trial.

Also i think it's better not to involve fighting scripts since EOC will break them and hence the scripts won't have any use outside of this competition. (Or worse, EOC comes out before the competition ends and no 1 can even test the scripts).

When are you planning to start this competition? It's evident that there will be sufficient participants now.
    Also who will be the panel of judges?

Working on the finer details now, will get back to thread once that I'd complete.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Lol, I would love to see this happen. Tell me if I can help/contribute in any way k?

For the basics of the basics of pascal, try my TuT. ||Photoshop Editing ||MapleResourceDung Script || Book a flight! BuySellTrip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information