Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated SPS maps

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    They're completely different from the current ones because they include newer parts of rs that have been added in the past 8 months. My maps are correct, it's the old one's that are flawed.
    First of all, the "I'm right, you're wrong" attitude is childish and won't gain you any respect around here. Second, I didn't say your maps were wrong, I said your map is a different size than the current one, making each area different; however, because of this, it would make some of your areas wrong. Why? Because there's an array in the tool I wrote that includes all the blank areas (completely black or water areas). Those areas are skipped to minimize the number of images in the folder. I already know you have at least 3, which also means that there's a good change you're missing some areas that have land on them.

It takes what, 2 minutes to change some sps coords - OH NO!
    Sure, most scripts would only take 2 minutes to update, but that's not the point. From your perspective, it's not a huge deal, just take the 2 minutes and update your script.

From a developer's perspective, it's completely different. Let's say I changed the name of LoginPlayer to LogPlayerIn. LoginPlayer is a function used by every script, correct? As soon as I make that name change, most people's SRL will update automatically, and result in an unknown identifier error for every user. Once this happens, you have 100s of people posting and wondering why their scripts aren't working. See what I mean?

The same goes with SPS. If I were to commit your maps right now, every script that uses them would break, and a lot of people would complain. Yes, it probably wouldn't take long to update the script, but there are script writers that aren't found for days, sometimes weeks at a time. If everything is kept the same, it would save a lot of frustration for everybody.

And before you say it needs to change to include the new areas... that's not true. Your map is actually smaller than the current one which means everything that's in you map should easily fit in the size of the current one.

I am interested, though, to see what you changed in the tool to make it generate a map with proper overlapping.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

I'll make them later so that everything matches up.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

I'll make them later so that everything matches up.
    Great. I'd like to know what you change to fix the tool as well, that way I can update it in the repository as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Yeah nice work Nebula, SPS is wayyy smoother now
    Coh3n seriously.. you need to update the walking methods sps automatically uses.. 2 cuz lykkkk...
    Last edited by Sir Ducksworthy; 09-26-2012 at 01:58 AM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ducksworthy View Post
    Coh3n seriously.. you need to update the walking methods sps automatically uses.. 2 cuz lykkkk...
    Uh, what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Just needs to be coded better, more efficiently etc, your sxcier than that so you should make it leeter, and show who is da boss ay

Like:
    Simba Code:
    {*
    #############################################################################################
                        *********SPS_WalkToPos, by Leetsxc**********
    #############################################################################################
     Made from Orginal SPS_WalkToPos function
     - Walks to position, P.

FEATURES
    - Break's from loop when Distance from flag has  been reached
    - Will Randomly Select Run if Below a Random Percentage of 20-40 Energy Level
    - No Longer uses Flag as it was to unreliable and would get you stuck in infinite Wait Loops
    - Uses a Random Sleep and Move Mouse while waiting to reach specified Flag distance
    - Tracks Energy Percentage to see if it has decreased, if it hasn't it will enable run
    sxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxcsxc
    *}

function SPS_WalkToPosSXC(P: TPoint; Distance:integer): boolean;
    var
      s:string;
      Time, EnergyPercentage:integer;
      MM: TPoint;
    begin
      if not LoggedIn then
        Exit;
      EnergyPercentage:=GetMMLevels('run', s);
      if(Random(10) < 5)then
        if(not(FindcolorTolerance(x, y, 6740716, 714, 99, 734, 118, 4)))then
          if(EnergyPercentage > 20)then
            SetRun(true);
      MM := SPS_PosToMM_SxC(P);
      if (MM.X > 0) then
      begin
        MMouse(MM.X, MM.Y, 0, 0);
        sleep(randomrange(50,100));
        ClickMouse2(true);
        Marktime(Time);
        repeat
          sleep(100);
          if(FlagPresent())then
          begin
            Result:=true;
            break;
          end;
          if(TimeFromMark(Time)>5000)then
            Exit;
        until(false);
        if WaitFunc(@IsMoving, 1, 3000 + random(500)) then
          while isMoving do
          begin
            if(FlagDistance < Distance)then
              break;
              if(TimefromMark(Time)> 2000)then
                if(not(GetMMLevels('run', s) < EnergyPercentage))then
                begin
                  mousespeed:=Randomrange(10,35);
                  if(Debug)then
                    writeln('Energy Percentage hasnt decreased so we are not running.');
                  Mouse(715, 98, 20, 20, true);
                  EnergyPercentage:=0; //Stop tracking screw using another var to do so
                  sleep(1000+random(400));
                end;
            if(random(100) < 10)then
            begin
              mousespeed:=Randomrange(10,35);
              SleepAndMoveMouse(random(500));
            end;
            if(Random(10) < 5)then
              if(not(FindcolorTolerance(x, y, 6740716, 714, 99, 734, 118, 4)))then
                  SetRun(true);
            sleep(200);
            sleep(random(200));
          end;
      end;
    end;
    Last edited by Sir Ducksworthy; 09-26-2012 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

What's wrong with the current functions, other than "they need to be coded better"? I was under the impression SPS_BlindWalk fixed any "pauses" that occurred in SPS_WalkPath.
    Last edited by Coh3n; 09-26-2012 at 02:06 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Nothing, their pretty good they work(or they used to work) just fine, but things have changed, Jagex likes to mess with the goodness of it now by messing with your energy, flag offsets need to be detected sometimes they like to jump on the map and make noobs detectable, who are using this fine piece of SRL.

Edit:
    Custom Tolerances and Color Block Size(Accuracy) need to be added into a case for each map piece being scanned.
    Also the speed can be greatly improved by coordinate memorization and predicting the direction/position of a smaller zone by putting a case of 8-16 zones equally dividing up the Minimap directions/getmousepos of where you would be wanting to click instead of scanning through a bunch of Color boxes etc one could scan much less, it's logic isn't the best atm. I hope you can understand what I'm saying man. I think SPS is an amazing achievement, I just want it to be the best it can be, for people 1 see it for what it is, I'm sick of people sayng SPS is lame it's not lame it just needs improvement.

Edit:
    The code in Lazurus, could be improved in these ways also:
    When 10 Bots are using SPS, a large amount of memory is consumed by,
    1. Color boxes are made for the Map pieces upon loading them which does require a bit of speed, it lags other bots when starting up if running as many clients as ones specs should handle.
    2. The Color boxes are then stored in Memory, which is more usage
    3. They are compared from Top to bottom which is more usage

Solution:
    The Colorboxes can be made for each piece and stored into a .ini file database for each map piece and also configured to load fractional zones of the boxes to scan outwards from your location and retain less in memory at a time

So when loading all that needs to be read is a .ini which is much more efficient
    The Sps will function so much quicker scanning outwards from memorized color box location in the large array.
    Last edited by Sir Ducksworthy; 09-26-2012 at 02:59 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Personally I love sps . It's very easy to use and none of my scripts have been having errors with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Hell yeah..
    That's heaps good man(Wish I had that luck coming up), I love sps2 2 death 2. It's a nice piece work

Edit: Coh3n, your probably quite busy with real life, so if you would like me to make the recommended updates, and release a beta to trial for a couple of weeks hit me up man.
    Last edited by Sir Ducksworthy; 09-26-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

I honestly love you atm

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Edit:
    Custom Tolerances and Color Block Size(Accuracy) need to be added into a case for each map piece being scanned.
    You mean instead of the global tolerance and accuracy in place now? I've never thought about making it "area-specific."

Also the speed can be greatly improved by coordinate memorization and predicting the direction/position of a smaller zone by putting a case of 8-16 zones equally dividing up the Minimap directions/getmousepos of where you would be wanting to click instead of scanning through a bunch of Color boxes etc one could scan much less, it's logic isn't the best atm. I hope you can understand what I'm saying man.
    I suppose if you know where to start in the array you can shrink the number of searches. Is that what you mean? E: Actually, I don't think it would make a difference. Right now it looks through all the areas and "color blocks" (as you called them) no matter what. It then takes the block with the most number of color matches after comparing RGB values. So no matter where you start searching from, it's going to be the same speed. A way around that would be to make the minimap blocks smaller, but then I think you would run into calculation issues.

I think SPS is an amazing achievement, I just want it to be the best it can be, for people 1 see it for what it is, I'm sick of people sayng SPS is lame it's not lame it just needs improvement.
    There's always people that are going to criticize a program, not matter how popular it is or how well it works.

Edit:
    The code in Lazurus, could be improved in these ways also:
    When 10 Bots are using SPS, a large amount of memory is consumed by,
    1. Color boxes are made for the Map pieces upon loading them which does require a bit of speed, it lags other bots when starting up if running as many clients as ones specs should handle.
    2. The Color boxes are then stored in Memory, which is more usage
    3. They are compared from Top to bottom which is more usage

Solution:
    The Colorboxes can be made for each piece and stored into a .ini file database for each map piece and also configured to load fractional zones of the boxes to scan outwards from your location and retain less in memory at a time

So when loading all that needs to be read is a .ini which is much more efficient
    The Sps will function so much quicker scanning outwards from memorized color box location in the large array.
    That's an interesting idea. I've love to see some side-by-side stats comparing the current method with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    Personally I love sps . It's very easy to use and none of my scripts have been having errors with it.
    This is what I don't like about SPS. It seems to be inconsistent from person to person. I've personally never had problems with it (mind you, I haven't used it in months), but obviously it's been giving some people issues.

Hell yeah..
    That's heaps good man(Wish I had that luck coming up), I love sps2 2 death 2. It's a nice piece work

Edit: Coh3n, your probably quite busy with real life, so if you would like me to make the recommended updates, and release a beta to trial for a couple of weeks hit me up man.
    You sound like you know what you're doing, so if you want, go right ahead. You're right, I am quite busy with real life, so if I were to make the updates, it would take quite a while. I would like to see some speed tests, though. Maybe some stats comparing the current version and your updated one?
    Last edited by Coh3n; 09-26-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

I think SPS is an amazing achievement, I just want it to be the best it can be, for people 1 see it for what it is, I'm sick of people sayng SPS is lame it's not lame it just needs improvement.
    Because SPS uses 'point walking' people think its going to be like reflection/injection and they always have something to complain about. Also people seem to miss that without Coh3n picking sps up we would be suck in sps1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Looks like your going to have to redo the map again lol.
    The map of runescape has changed and the Al-Karid area is alot darker than before. Even better there are no random black areas and seems to be a nice Square/Rectangle shape now. Better for SPS, I would of thought ?
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ollybest View Post
    Because SPS uses 'point walking' people think its going to be like reflection/injection and they always have something to complain about. Also people seem to miss that without Coh3n picking sps up we would be suck in sps1
    I'm glad some people appreciate it, even though it does have bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkle View Post
    Looks like your going to have to redo the map again lol.
    The map of runescape has changed and the Al-Karid area is alot darker than before. Even better there are no random black areas and seems to be a nice Square/Rectangle shape now. Better for SPS, I would of thought ?
    Can you post a screenshot? Also, the map appears different depending on the graphics mode you're on, and it's darker in SMART than without SMART I think. It used to be that way, anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    I'm glad some people appreciate it, even though it does have bugs.

Can you post a screenshot? Also, the map appears different depending on the graphics mode you're on, and it's darker in SMART than without SMART I think. It used to be that way, anyway.
    I would have been a lot quicker at posting this if my mouse battery's didn't run out , having to use a wired mouse(which took me long enough to find

These pics of the map are in OGL mode with max detail on so I could make the screen larger to make it easier to get the map. I will get the Al-Karid map in low detail next and edit this post.

There is a little bit of the map missing but what I'm trying to show it that there are no random black bits on the map and it is a proper Rectangle

Edit: Here are 2 pics of Al-Karid took at the same setting we use to bot. I definitely think it is darker and the shape is good, right, Coh3n ?

Last edited by Jakkle; 09-26-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Looks fine to me. Was that map change recent (like yesterday)? Because I was looking at it a couple days ago and there was still the black chunks around the outside. If the shape did change, that will mess up the SPS map.

Will probably mean that a new one will have to be made and all scripts will have to be updated. The exact thing we were trying to avoid. Lol.

Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1870 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    Looks fine to me. Was that map change recent (like yesterday)? Because I was looking at it a couple days ago and there was still the black chunks around the outside. If the shape did change, that will mess up the SPS map.

Will probably mean that a new one will have to be made and all scripts will have to be updated. The exact thing we were trying to avoid. Lol.
    I think it was actually today (the update)

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

So after a stupid amount of hours messing with the map making tool, I managed to fix it (I think). I also found out that the current map is actually wrong - there are some spots on the map that don't line up properly. This has caused the new map to be a slightly different size; however, the actual SPS areas shouldn't be effected (only a couple pixels).

What I need a few people to do is look at this map closely and see if you can find any parts that don't line up. If all goes well, I can generate the new areas and get some people to test them.

The new map can be found here. Hopefully a few people will take a look.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

I just spent like 10 minutes looking at the map and the only flaw I could find is this: http://puu.sh/19Sz7

It looks like a few of the pixels on the right side of the quest symbol are cut off and possibly also on the tree directly north of it. Then, directly north on the same vertical line, there is a break in the wall where I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a break. http://puu.sh/19SF3

This is the location of both of these: http://puu.sh/19SHY

Other than that, everything looks fine. Good job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Map looks good Coh3n. When will you be commiting it to SPS ?

Nice find Neb I couldn't spot anything else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

All of the wilderness northern wall seems to have irregularities. No gaps, just extra whites when it's supposed to be straight lines.
    There are two minor irregularities around the draynor cabbage patch, the obstacle south-east of it appears as a red line on the map(like a door), but afaik it is supposed to be in line with the bordering white line(like a closed door) around the patch, but it is seperate from the wall in the map(as if there's a door standing on its own).
    North east of it, there's a piece of a tree that appears to be merged into the wall, either the full tree isn't on the map, or the wall is drawn falsely.
    Miner & Urn Crafter & 07 Chicken Killer
    SPS BlindWalk Tutorial

Working on: Nothing

teacher in every art, brought the fire that hath proved to mortals a means to mighty ends

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

I just spent like 10 minutes looking at the map and the only flaw I could find is this: http://puu.sh/19Sz7

It looks like a few of the pixels on the right side of the quest symbol are cut off and possibly also on the tree directly north of it. Then, directly north on the same vertical line, there is a break in the wall where I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a break. http://puu.sh/19SF3

This is the location of both of these: http://puu.sh/19SHY

Other than that, everything looks fine. Good job
    Thanks, that's definitely not supposed to be like that. E: Here's the new one with that part fixed. It shouldn't have affected any other areas, but I'd like to be sure. I can't see anything wrong with it. Could someone confirm, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakkle View Post
    Map looks good Coh3n. When will you be commiting it to SPS ?

Nice find Neb I couldn't spot anything else.
    As soon as the map is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    All of the wilderness northern wall seems to have irregularities. No gaps, just extra whites when it's supposed to be straight lines.
    There are two minor irregularities around the draynor cabbage patch, the obstacle south-east of it appears as a red line on the map(like a door), but afaik it is supposed to be in line with the bordering white line(like a closed door) around the patch, but it is seperate from the wall in the map(as if there's a door standing on its own).
    North east of it, there's a piece of a tree that appears to be merged into the wall, either the full tree isn't on the map, or the wall is drawn falsely.
    I checked with the in game map, and all that stuff is correct. My guess is Jagex updated the obstacles on the map last week. I assume that's also the case with the north wilderness wall. Thanks, though.
    Last edited by Coh3n; 09-30-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    193 Post(s)

It's a lot better now, but the left half could be moved up one pixel. But tbh I wouldn't worry about it. Make this work, and every other part of the map will break.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

It's a lot better now, but the left half could be moved up one pixel. But tbh I wouldn't worry about it. Make this work, and every other part of the map will break.
    If you look at the map in game, it's also like that (I wondered the same thing). Also if you look at the symbols that were off before, they line up properly.

Here is the new map and areas, would really appreciate if someone could test out a few locations that maybe don't work with the current maps.

http://coh3n.com/img/runescape_surface.zip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information