Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Updated SPS maps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

^I'm about to start testing that in the wildy, if it works in the wildy it can work everywhere.
    Miner & Urn Crafter & 07 Chicken Killer
    SPS BlindWalk Tutorial

Working on: Nothing

teacher in every art, brought the fire that hath proved to mortals a means to mighty ends

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

I've noticed the old maps have a few issues around Edgeville. I'll test the new ones there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Alright, there's no way to get them to work in wildy. Loading too many maps slows things down a lot(ie 50 seconds to finish getmypos) and adding a single map makes it wander off the map. I played around with both the accuracy and tolerance modifiers, it just won't work in the wildy. The funny thing is that I tested it around the wilderness pond, it's a pretty unique area with greens in the middle and lava to the west, so it should have worked. I'm down to custom maps I guess.
    SPS BlindWalk Tutorial

teacher in every art, brought the fire that hath proved to mortals a means to mighty ends

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

50 seconds? Are you sure you have the right plugin?

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    Alright, there's no way to get them to work in wildy. Loading too many maps slows things down a lot(ie 50 seconds to finish getmypos) and adding a single map makes it wander off the map. I played around with both the accuracy and tolerance modifiers, it just won't work in the wildy. The funny thing is that I tested it around the wilderness pond, it's a pretty unique area with greens in the middle and lava to the west, so it should have worked. I'm down to custom maps I guess.
    How many areas did you pick...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

I loaded 5 areas, all next to each other. Took around 50 seconds to do getmypos, and when I walked a bit away on the map with the previous position visible, it made me wander off the map with blindwalk.
    SPS BlindWalk Tutorial

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by litoris View Post
    I loaded 5 areas, all next to each other. Took around 50 seconds to do getmypos, and when I walked a bit away on the map with the previous position visible, it made me wander off the map with blindwalk.
    Yeah, something is definitely wrong there. Did you try other locations as well, or just the wilderness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Coh3n View Post
    Yeah, something is definitely wrong there. Did you try other locations as well, or just the wilderness?
    Just the wildy, I'll try it with a custom map next weekend to see whether the problem there is with the map.(no time to make maps atm)

Someone can test it using my HLR script(link in sig), just replace the new folder and run my script(may need updates to SMART stuff). My script uses blindwalk so it is good for testing.
    SPS BlindWalk Tutorial

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

I've never had worlds maps work in Wildy, or even custom maps to a point, I can only say because the colours are extremely close.
    E:I say Never it works but them fails a lot.

^^

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Quoted
    680 Post(s)

What about the rest of the maps? Do the maps around the major cities and places work? If so, I can add these to the repository.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information