Thread: Need University paper TOPIC - Earth Sciences (geology) Research Topic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Need University paper TOPIC - Earth Sciences (geology) Research Topic

I've got to write a paper on a Current (present day, ongoing) controversy in science. (So something not agreed on yet)

It can be anything in Science, but it is preferred to be under (geoscience) Earth Science topics (rocks, the earth etc.).

Does anyone have any ideas of a current topic in science that is in disagreement between 2 or more sides?
    (for example, 2 sides long ago argued the earth was flat, other said round)
    118/120 Dungeoneering

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Maybe you can write something about 2012: http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html and how the planet really is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I believe 2012 is more of a science fiction controversy rather than science, and the link there states most scientists agree nothing will happen. I need a topic where there are 2 or more sides arguing something different about the controversy. (Thanks for the input though - it'd be very interesting if I were allowed to write about 2012)
    118/120 Dungeoneering

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Well I didn't mean to write about 2012, what i meant with that link was for you to write an idea of how one side says that the planet is good and nothing is happening to it and have the other side say that the planet is bad and we have to stop doing what we are doing to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

it's difficult to label the title (main topic) of my paper in terms of a science issue though, because there's no specific scientific issue why the earth is bad or good.
    118/120 Dungeoneering

Thread Information