Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

11/29/2012
    not doing much new sorry (been boxing, hands hurt!) uhh oh i bought this: www.humblebundle.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

lol What is that hunk of green stuff on the last plate? Nice blog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

YOU BOXXXX!!! I have been wanting to learn for ages, or at least start. I could never get around to it. I was thinking when this break comes, maybe devoting myself to it fully? How is it? Do you do recreational, for fitness and fun, or as a proffesional?

So interested right now!!
    ~Rez

For the basics of the basics of pascal, try my TuT. ||Photoshop Editing ||MapleResourceDung Script || Book a flight! BuySellTrip

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

That food looks decent IMO! I've been living off of mcdonalds and pizza pops while at uni...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Lol, dem pizza pops

R4ndom, what type of boxing, rec or proffesional? Also, what type of boxer are you?
    I want to get into boxing, recreational, so I might as well ask
    ~Rez

For the basics of the basics of pascal, try my TuT. ||Photoshop Editing ||MapleResourceDung Script || Book a flight! BuySellTrip

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vaporak10 View Post
    lol What is that hunk of green stuff on the last plate? Nice blog
    Spinach

Quote Originally Posted by Rezozo View Post
    YOU BOXXXX!!! I have been wanting to learn for ages, or at least start. I could never get around to it. I was thinking when this break comes, maybe devoting myself to it fully? How is it? Do you do recreational, for fitness and fun, or as a proffesional?

So interested right now!!
    ~Rez
    I am just doing it recreationally for fitness mainly, it is my cardio (2-3 times a week for 1-3 hours at a time)

If you do it in a similar manner as myself, I would not try to arrange any fights until you have about two-three months of just shadow boxing/heavy bag/speed bag in. If you go daily for the same amount of hours, then I would say you could try arranging matches in a month or so; but if it is just for fitness enjoy yourself!

It isn't as easy as just "hitting that bag", requires some precision and dedication and just common sense to avoid injuries (it is really easy to hurt yourself)

Quote Originally Posted by cause View Post
    That food looks decent IMO! I've been living off of mcdonalds and pizza pops while at uni...
    I miss mcdonalds there are none within walking distance here.

Lol, dem pizza pops

R4ndom, what type of boxing, rec or proffesional? Also, what type of boxer are you?
    I want to get into boxing, recreational, so I might as well ask
    ~Rez
    I am rec, just training really. I do it for the cardio aspect, I figure weight training everyday without cardio really won't help me when I turn 40 and need to have a stent in my heart because my heart is too weak to pump blood :P.

12/1/2012
    That test was hard! argh oh well, this week is basically HELL WEEK.
    Monday: 6 page paper due; did I start? no.
    Tuesday: Nothing really (School work)
    Wednesday: Again nothing really (School work)
    Thursday: again.. (School work)
    Friday: Computer Science final assignment due! fml.. so hard
    Theology final paper due! (8 pages!) ARGH

All the while studying for finals which are NEXT week! the pain
    12/1/2012
    Sorry to disappoint, but I don't have the energy or the time during these final weeks of this semester to give full time to workout. The only time I get are when I do all nighters and am awake at 5:45.. with nothing better to do (Don't want to sleep because I won't wake up in 2 hours)

This has happened three times in the last week, I went to the nice little boxing room we have. Did rows for two hours one day, second day heavy bag training (Very tiring, I had to alternate the two hours with heavy bag and shadow boxing otherwise I would be too exhausted to get off the ground). The third day I used the speed bag (The secret here, is working on coordination through taking it slow and stopping the bag occasionally). I alternate here with footwork drills and the speed bag.

Here are the wraps/gloves I use
    The gloves are some regular cheap gloves (The reason behind this is, they are just HEAVY bag gloves... meaning they have one purpose. I don't see spending $75 for a pair of gloves I can only use when hitting one type of bag)

Heavy bag gloves (use with wraps)

My hand wraps
    My wraps

I also have a sparring pair of gloves (I left them at home, figured I would never be boxing at school considering there is no ring)
    Sparring gloves
    Last edited by [XoL]; 12-01-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

That looks like a lot of school work, all at once too.

Do you do kicks to or only punches? (I don't know much about boxing )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Kick boxing is hard I was about to learn Muay thai, but things got in the way. I think he does regular boxing. Also, are those two 16oz gloves? Those are heavy on their own
    ~Rez

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    That looks like a lot of school work, all at once too.

Do you do kicks to or only punches? (I don't know much about boxing )
    Only punch, we have kick boxing gear but I don't want to mess with my ankles on accident (I already have pretty bad shins, don't want to add to my leg problems )

Kick boxing is hard I was about to learn Muay thai, but things got in the way. I think he does regular boxing. Also, are those two 16oz gloves? Those are heavy on their own
    ~Rez
    They are super light weights (meant for bag only) I am pretty sure they are under 8oz. Basically glorified knuckle guards.

Muay Thai is crazy, too much for me. I like using my hands/feet, and will continue to like using them when I am 30+ (I am sure you get crazy arthritis doing muay thai)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [XoL] View Post
    Only punch, we have kick boxing gear but I don't want to mess with my ankles on accident (I already have pretty bad shins, don't want to add to my leg problems )

They are super light weights (meant for bag only) I am pretty sure they are under 8oz. Basically glorified knuckle guards.

Muay Thai is crazy, too much for me. I like using my hands/feet, and will continue to like using them when I am 30+ (I am sure you get crazy arthritis doing muay thai)
    Yea, but I wanted to do that or jujitsu, either were fine for me. Now I barely have enough time for my regular work out
    Have a couple friends that work at a Martial Arts school, they have boxing, so I might wanna join this winter break. Or maybe even now
    ~Rez

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Yea, but I wanted to do that or jujitsu, either were fine for me. Now I barely have enough time for my regular work out
    Have a couple friends that work at a Martial Arts school, they have boxing, so I might wanna join this winter break. Or maybe even now
    ~Rez
    If you are getting into jujitsu, you will need a lot more time. Jujitsu is a full martial art (very similar to wrestling, I say bjj has more practical use)

Boxing does take a lot of time as well, but it can easily be done in spare time rather than a set time with set people etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

What would you suggest, going to a gym with a specific boxing coach, or going to a fitness center/gym with boxing classes? To start out at least.
    ~Rez

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

What would you suggest, going to a gym with a specific boxing coach, or going to a fitness center/gym with boxing classes? To start out at least.
    ~Rez
    Class at first, personal coaches are VERY expensive.
    I mean if you can afford a personal then go personal, but boxing classes are basically just as good for beginners as they teach the fundamentals (How to punch, how to defend, how to move)

If you can do the fundamentals you can train on your own, but a personal is always better. (It is like group tutoring vs individual tutoring, you will learn easier if it is only you who has to learn... but the price will normally be 3x what a group price is)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Class at first, personal coaches are VERY expensive.
    I mean if you can afford a personal then go personal, but boxing classes are basically just as good for beginners as they teach the fundamentals (How to punch, how to defend, how to move)

If you can do the fundamentals you can train on your own, but a personal is always better. (It is like group tutoring vs individual tutoring, you will learn easier if it is only you who has to learn... but the price will normally be 3x what a group price is)
    I see. I could probably afford it, but no point in wasting money in the beginning right? Thanks. BTW, are you currently in college?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

I see. I could probably afford it, but no point in wasting money in the beginning right? Thanks. BTW, are you currently in college?
    It costs around $75 a hour for a personal trainer, so I imagine a personal coach costs around the same/maybe more/less. You would train for 2-3 hours.

Yes I am currently in a university, this is hell week next week is finals week -.-

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

It costs around $75 a hour for a personal trainer, so I imagine a personal coach costs around the same/maybe more/less. You would train for 2-3 hours.

Yes I am currently in a university, this is hell week next week is finals week -.-
    Yea, I could probably afford that. And nice, hope school goes well for you! My question is, how much time do you even find for fitness training now-a-days? Like right now, Im a junior in HS. Given the SAT's, going to the good college I like etc. Is there ever time? Would It make sense to only do it twice a week at a gym, and the rest in college?
    ~Rez

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Yea, I could probably afford that. And nice, hope school goes well for you! My question is, how much time do you even find for fitness training now-a-days? Like right now, Im a junior in HS. Given the SAT's, going to the good college I like etc. Is there ever time? Would It make sense to only do it twice a week at a gym, and the rest in college?
    ~Rez
    Learn to make time in highschool, because once college hits time is not a luxury you can afford anymore.

You need to have some pretty solid time management skills once you get into college, at the moment I workout at 5:45 AM(Days I box), 8am the other days (Lift)

The morning is the only time I can find time :/.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

That actually sounds pretty harsh. I better get started now lol.
    ~Rez

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Interesting blog. The food at your college looks pretty good to be honest. At my college there is just some junk food and some bad soup. Well to be honest I didn't really check it out properly because the prices are ridiculous :P

Hope your Computer Science final exam works out friday
    Classes are going too slow for me right now, everything is easy. It's not bad to get high grades easily but I'd rather work hard and get like a 6-7 out of 10 than passing programming classes with 10/10 which is what happened last semester.

The stuff you have to do is actually interesting, but my college is starting from scratch so it should get harder over time. Right now I'm learning some new things about exceptions, inheriting, etc. At college you learn it properly instead of learning it half decent from online tutorials or experimentating yourself.

Good luck with working out aswell, I'm also working towards a bigger frame/more mass. Currently at 86kg ~ 190 pounds at 1,98 meter/6'5. Aiming towards 95kg

Script source code available here: Github

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

Sorry for not updating in a while! been busy with school and such
    12/7/2012
    Last week of SCHOOL IS COMING! wooooot
    This week was utter hell, finished all my work.. Just finished my comp sci program (Thanks to brandon/echo_/JJ)
    This was my assignment: http://i.imgur.com/myXyo.png , http://i.imgur.com/myXyo.png

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    238 Post(s)

How did you do?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

12/13/2012
    week is over...semester is over!! Yes!!
    I think i did mediocre on the calc final, and did even worse on the computer science final but aced my english paper and theology final. The cs final though will be curved dramatically, and well considering that a 44 is a f in his class... I should be fine.

I can't wait for my month break to begin! (well it already started but going home tomorrow!) i will update this a lot more frequently during my month break, have no fear ;p

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

One month, lucky, we only get 2.5 weeks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information