Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 year after the lawsuit...

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

But I thought the script developers would get a share too on the payments? Or did they get a set one time payment when they released their first script.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

iirc devs got decent cuts. as for the snellman bros, i still see mark post on fb once in a while. so i guess he's still alive and kicking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rezozo View Post
    I didn't exactly love the guys, didn't want them to go down either. I think jagex could've used the money for something more productive, like setting up a new branch for higher analysis of the game on a statistical level.

~Rez
    This. So much this. Their anti-bot technology is all fine and stuff, but it obviously does not work. I'm sure that if they hired some real mathematicians and set up an analytical system they could completely stop botting. At least with commonly used scripts (perhaps extremely well-written scripts used by single persons would still be applicable, but you get my point).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

They had a very lucrative thing going, I do feel bad for the guys as they probably lost all of their belongings in the process...
    But I am confident they will be able to raise themselves off the ground and start another tech company, maybe even more successful than the previous

I do have one question tough, how come they managed to bring them down but not Paris and his PowerBot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speedster View Post
    I do have one question tough, how come they managed to bring them down but not Paris and his PowerBot?
    Probably cuz they're money-hungry atm, so they're milking as much money as possible from botters. Hence them making a Yelps/Solomon update like every week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

They got a pretty dope house though seriously. That's got to be a mil by itself

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bcutt View Post
    They got a pretty dope house though seriously. That's got to be a mil by itself
    Most likely more than that, houses near my area are over 3 million, take addition of the land, etc

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

With that being in FL, and that area, couple million for that house.
    Away for awhile, life is keeping me busy. | Want to get my attention in a thread? @Kyle Undefined; me.
    { MSI Phoenix || SRL Stats Sigs || Paste || Scripts || Quotes || Graphics }

When posting a bug, please post debug! Help us, help you!

I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code. || To be the best, you've got to beat the rest. || Logic never changes, just the syntax.
    If you PM me with a stupid question or one listed in FAQ, or about a script that is not mine, I will NOT respond.

SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba. We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

PB has to be the largest source of bots for all players and gold farmers right now. Why isn't Jagex going after them for?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Pretty harsh if you ask me I guess it's back to living with mum for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    My logic says this: their bots had an effect on the game therefore the effected the legit players of the game. So in my opinion, the money Jagex won from these guys should be used for a good cause that gives back to the players, no?

When actually, in the end, the players who had to put up with the swarms of bots receive a single "Apology Letter" from the Snellman brothers. At the very least, even just part of that money could have been used for true anti-bot software in Runescape, but all we've seen so far is a tighter obfuscated client, a few banned RWT'ers, and the ever-so-useless Bottany Bay.. Bots remain and the detection system has only degraded since then, especially with the removal of random events. Also, SoF and Soloman's Shop are now priority #1.

On a different note is it just me or...

LMFAO this is brilliant.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    PB has to be the largest source of bots for all players and gold farmers right now. Why isn't Jagex going after them for?
    They probably are working on it, just haven't given any word/comment yet to the public.

When RSBots.net was being sued, it wasn't completely announced by jagex, instead one of the users on the forums found a court case online that included IMPSOFT VS JAGEX.

He/she posted that thread with the law suit papers attached to it, and then came the rush and panic of a lot of botters and legit players.

http://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/c...et-al/summary/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Four View Post
    They probably are working on it, just haven't given any word/comment yet to the public.

When RSBots.net was being sued, it wasn't completely announced by jagex, instead one of the users on the forums found a court case online that included IMPSOFT VS JAGEX.
    I hear PB is developed / published from china? Someone said that here a while ago, the relations between UK/US and China are not the best, so it's unlikely any lawsuit would even reach them lol,

Impsoft was US/UK wasn't it?

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyRS View Post
    I hear PB is developed / published from china? Someone said that here a while ago, the relations between UK/US and China are not the best, so it's unlikely any lawsuit would even reach them lol,

The Snellman brothers were located in the United States

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

PB is Chinees that guy Paris is a chinees guy and Jagex cant do a fk about it

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DannyRS View Post

Impsoft was in US
    PB is under J.P. Holdings Int’l Ltd (“JPH”),
    a company registered in England and Wales under Company No. 07584150, whose registered office is Chancery Station House, 31-33 High Holborn, London WC1V 6AX, United Kingdom.
    Nothing about china, they are just partners with gold4fun for market/business relations

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Paris is Indian and lives in the UK AFAIK.

As Four said, the gold selling company they are affiliated with is Chinese.

Sometimes when you go onto the PB homepage, it says based in the US/UK in the upper right hand corner.

I'm just surprised Jagex is taking this long to take PB down. Just one quick glance at their forums and you see botting, RWT, and all the other things Jagex hates so much being carried about like normal business.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

PB has been "taken down" By Jagex many times.

For instance, Paris can't load any Jagex made application or game anymore. (legally) So Paris can't actually work on the active client himself.

The rest of it, they use Loophole after Loophole to get through, making it more difficult for jagex to Totally take them down...

Example: WBot came out of no where, was up the fastest, but didn't use smart Legal practices and got taken down because of it within a month.

Im Assuming PB will take a LONG time to get back up after rs3...Even after the client is "ready", they have to make sure its legal enough to upload w/o getting immedtialty taken down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    PB has been "taken down" By Jagex many times.

For instance, Paris can't load any Jagex made application or game anymore. (legally) So Paris can't actually work on the active client himself.

The rest of it, they use Loophole after Loophole to get through, making it more difficult for jagex to Totally take them down...

Example: WBot came out of no where, was up the fastest, but didn't use smart Legal practices and got taken down because of it within a month.

Im Assuming PB will take a LONG time to get back up after rs3...Even after the client is "ready", they have to make sure its legal enough to upload w/o getting immedtialty taken down.
    That's interesting. I'm only a year onto the botting scene, but did any of the previous big name bots like Nexus ever reach PB's size?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

How where they caught? But yea, with the 1 million we have the better sound in rs3.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denart5 View Post
    How where they caught? But yea, with the 1 million we have the better sound in rs3.
    They were not really "caught" it's not like they were hiding out somewhere... Also this topic is over a month old

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

I really hope Pbot gets shutdown *finger crossed*

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sjoe View Post
    I really hope Pbot gets shutdown *finger crossed*
    Why? So then somebody might actually use your chocolate crusher?

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    Ouch Nah I had the users there.

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Barbrady View Post
    I'll have you know that his chocolate crusher is very good at crushing an inventory of chocolate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Scary stuff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information