Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PlayerAuctions.com Scam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Default PlayerAuctions.com Scam

//edit: Sorry for posting this here but I figured It would have the best visability to people who dont have access to the Black Market.

I finished being screwed by one of the biggest and most reputable gold buying/selling websites.

PlayerAuctions is now taking payments then immediately suspending your account and keeping the cash without delivering the gold.

Im uploading screenshots of the live chat I had.

Last edited by Angel Heart; 01-08-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Sounds like a mistake on your end or theirs, I would bet it will be refunded within a week

Banks and other payment services dont transfer money immediately, so most of the time the money is frozen and nobody has it untill the service you are using can verify who to send it to

Have you sent an email to the "trust" email and asked to verify who you are and reactivate?
    Last edited by DannyRS; 01-08-2013 at 04:35 AM.

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

It sounds like they have every intention of returning the money. Sure it was a glitch (probably a faulty connection mid transfer), but it SOUNDS like they plan on being sporty about it. Let us know if you don't get the money back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

I gave them the benefit of the doubt and its been 72 hours. The money was definately taken from my bank. This is the third time I've talked to live support and its almost a direct copy paste from the last 2 days.

Account still suspended, Gold still not delivered, and Money is confirmed gone.

This is not my first buying experience with player auctions, I was just looking to get a quick 25 mil.

I kinda of feel like a retard for not taking screenshots of the first 2 conversations.

Im not saying everyone will be screwed by PlayerAuctions but buy with caution.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Did you email who they are suggesting to?

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

I did the email on the first day. No reply.

I checked with my bank and the funds are not being held, they have been paid, and it is too late to stop payment without filing a fraud report.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Hmm, this is weird, but I doubt they'll scam you.

And off-topic, but you only have 12 posts but were here since Oct '06 lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Hmm, this is weird, but I doubt they'll scam you.

And off-topic, but you only have 12 posts but were here since Oct '06 lol
    hes been here longer and has less posts than you, whats so funny about that?

that is a long time for such low posts tho
    >:)

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Its not a mistake on your end, its on theirs.
    Ive been almost scammed by them before, for my stupid thought to even buy from there.
    I would contact support every other day, each day they would say 24-48 hours.

Waited 3 weeks for a refund of $25....Cause of their refund policy..
    "We only refund once a day", something along those lines.. That means 1 player is refunded each day.

I finally got my refund after calling the bank and urging them to do something, the support on playerauctions lie to you, and they never email you anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

This has happened before, you used a prepaid card or something right>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Update.

Same crap from playerauctions.

no clue why your account is suspended ... money might just be being held by your bank ... etc etc etc.

About my low post count. I started my account while I was deployed (Im active duty military.) I wasnt able to post while I was underway and I had quit runescape by the time I got back.

Ive been writing code/scripts since the days of autorune and I am just now getting back into it. I work as a developer for the military and I owe it all to my interest in making runescape bots. It got me started on the basics of programming.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)

All I do on PA is just sell accounts that I make. Never bought anything there because the prices are too expensive. The only thing I hate about them is the disbursement amount you have to pay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

I feel your annoyance!!

If only they would speak English properly!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjews View Post
    If have English speak better then customer service is better improvement for you?
    Haha! :P

"For you I can speak to my manager and for to get you your gold. W15 G.E. Center."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

never used it before, but i heard some good reviews about playerauction in past. maybe if i use it in future, i will be extra careful. thanks for heads up

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    116 Post(s)

They stole an old account i tried to sell them.. about.. 4 years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Never expected this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

PlayerAuctions also commited fraud on my bank account.
    After purchasing 200m gold from playerauctions using the "Standard Credit Card Processing" option, playerauctions deducted $10 from my bank account making a purchase on SteamPowered. com.

I noticed this on my cellphone. My paycheck gets direct deposited into my Huntington bank account every two weeks, and I have a mobile banking app where i can check my purchases using my debit card or bank account. 1 day after i purchased the 200m, my app on my phone told me that $10 from my bank account was spent on a website called SteamPowered.com
    I have never even heard of this website until this happend. Went to steampowered.com and didnt recognize it. this was obviously the first time i have ever personally visited the site.

After some investigation, I went to Playerauctions.com, and right on the front page on the main header, is a link to a market to buy/sell/trade steampowered accounts? Just a coincidence? I think not.
    Playerauctions made a $10 purchase on Steampowered.com using my bank account with an unautohrized transaction.
    I suppose it is my fault and my stupidity for sending all my debit card information to an underground Chinese company.
    Never use the "Standard credit card processing payment method" on playerauctions. You don't want to send your actual bank information to these Chinese dogs. ALWAYS USE PAYPAL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by exilednoob View Post
    PlayerAuctions also commited fraud on my bank account.
    After purchasing 200m gold from playerauctions using the "Standard Credit Card Processing" option, playerauctions deducted $10 from my bank account making a purchase on SteamPowered. com.

I noticed this on my cellphone. My paycheck gets direct deposited into my Huntington bank account every two weeks, and I have a mobile banking app where i can check my purchases using my debit card or bank account. 1 day after i purchased the 200m, my app on my phone told me that $10 from my bank account was spent on a website called SteamPowered.com
    I have never even heard of this website until this happend. Went to steampowered.com and didnt recognize it. this was obviously the first time i have ever personally visited the site.

After some investigation, I went to Playerauctions.com, and right on the front page on the main header, is a link to a market to buy/sell/trade steampowered accounts? Just a coincidence? I think not.
    Playerauctions made a $10 purchase on Steampowered.com using my bank account with an unautohrized transaction.
    I suppose it is my fault and my stupidity for sending all my debit card information to an underground Chinese company.
    Never use the "Standard credit card processing payment method" on playerauctions. You don't want to send your actual bank information to these Chinese dogs. ALWAYS USE PAYPAL.
    Oh wow, that's scary.. *Frantically trying to remember if I used Paypal when I bought from there*

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

I have sold over $500 of gold there this week. They are a legit company. You should always be fine as long as you use common internet security rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Itankbots View Post
    I have sold over $500 of gold there this week. They are a legit company. You should always be fine as long as you use common internet security rules.
    I'd like to buy from you next time I need gold from there! (as long as I'm not Junior yet - black market ftw ) I'll shoot you a PM sometime!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Of course you are fine if you are selling. Playerauctions transfers the money directly into you paypal account.
    A legit company does not steal money from customer's bank accounts.
    Simply because you have never had a bad experience with a website, doesnt mean they are legit or that.
    Try sending your exact debit card information to them.
    Go ahead, humor me. Send the chinese company your debit card number, the experiation date, the CVC security code, your full name and address. Do this about 5 or 6 times by making small purchases of 10m. I bet the thought of doing that makes you feel quite uncomfortable doesnt it?

Again, they will rip their customers off. Maybe you will never have a bad experience with them, and chances are that you wont. But I am not the only one this has happened to. PlayerAuctions takes out small amounts of money from random customers bank accounts. they have probably made thousands of extra dollars from this from people who either didn't notice the withdraw or didnt do anything about it. I on the other hand disputed the charge, got my money bank and my bank is awaiting me to contact them to see which course of action i want to to take. I have no idea what to do because I cant sue a Chinese company using an american bank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I have been useing playersauction for over a year now on multiple games (rs, d3, wow, and few more)long as u dont have any info on your account on how to contact you, you should be fine when i first made the account i was almost scammed as soon as my purchase was authorized i recieved a phone call trying to verify information and get some, but i just kinda ignored and moved on didnt give him anything and removed my number right after. Also there is no need to be on live chat it has nothing to do with the contacing the seller just log into your game and message the seller threw the site and wait if they dont make the delivery in the gaurenteed time cancel the purchase and you will recieve your money back in i believe 1-3 days. and buying accounts is never a good idea on any site with ips and account recoverys based on old passwords ext. and u might want to check your payment method they are not free alot of them cost money to use so possible the one withdrawl is for your payment to them and other goes threw site to player not sure but check it out i have also had withdrawls from steampowered once or twice but it was always when i purchased a game on steam.. ethier comes up from valve or steampowered...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Who did you use for payment? Paypal or any major credit card company should be able to void the charges.
    “Oh, hi. So, how are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO"
    http://www.southweststandard.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

i have had some bad times using playeraucitons, i just use scythe blackmarket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information