Thread: Combat reworks defense buffs

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    218 Post(s)

Exclamation Combat reworks defense buffs

In case you has missed it this is regarding the defensive buffs:

Hi all,

We've made more changes to a select few of the high-level monsters in the game, reducing their overall effectiveness in combat.

During the latest batch of EoC changes, we gave the majority of our high level monsters a heavy buff in combat. As I mentioned in my recent Og Blog, many of our monsters were being fought by players of a lower level than they were designed for – so we decided to make them much better at defending themselves.

While the vast majority of the changes we made have worked as intended, some of the monsters were given too much extra power and were destroying everything in their paths! We heard your calls for help and have reduced the effectiveness of the following monsters:

Frost dragons
    Ganodermic beasts + runts
    Glacors and glacytes
    Mithril dragons
    We are confident this will make these monsters challenging to fight, without being too risky, expensive or time-consuming to take down. Of course, as with the above fixes, we will continue to make tweaks as necessary.

That's where you come in. Your feedback is of utmost important to us, so please let us know how tough you're finding the foes listed above. We are also looking at the next batch of improvements for the EoC and we always welcome feedback on improvements you would like to see. A rework of the relative damage of combat styles is already on the cards, along with more monster rebalancing and a review of quest bosses, but if you have any other suggestions, visit our discussion thread and let us know what you'd like to see.

Fight on, my noble brothers and sisters... fight on!

Mod Mark

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

yeah saw this one, im glad they nerfed some of those defences, im almost max combat and they were a little to tough to kill for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

So no TokHaar-Hok nerf**
    I love you.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

I've heard that waterfiends are weak against black salamanders once again. Is this true, can someone confirm it**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Well this still proves useless for me since jagex decided to nerf all things combat.
    Soul wars anyone** Ok DannyRs
    Have you felt the whale lately?
    .__________.
    Whale so hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

In case anyone wants to know they did nerf TokHaar-Hok. Its a good fight now
    I love you.

Thread Information