Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Default 1-60 Farm: A quick method

1-60 Farming: A quick and expensive way
    Just some info before we start
    Exp from Level 1 to 60 Farming = 273,742 XP
    Have alot of teleport tablets in bank/inventory when doing tree/allotment runs. Or simply use lodestones and run.
    This whole method will cost you anywhere from 1.2 million gp to 1.5 million gp, depending on seed prices and cost to pay farmers to look after your crops.

So lets begin, 1-60 Farming in a nutshell
    Levels 1-2
    At level 1 farming, we can plant potato seeds to grow potatoes. Potato seeds can be planted in allotments.
    Potato seeds are 1 gp each on the grand exchange. We need to pick 10 potatoes from levels 1 to 2.
    Planting them gives 7 xp.
    Harvesting them gives 9 xp.
    Good news though, Head Farmer Jones, who is located in taverly will give you three potato seeds for free. He also has an allotment which is disease free. Potato seeds take 40 minutes to grow. Here are the three locations you should use (Taverly, Catherby, Falador)
    Optionally, you can pay the farmers to look over your potato seeds, in exchange for 2 buckets of compost, per farmer. Once grown, inspect, and pick the potatoes, and congrats on level 2 farming.

Levels 2 - 15
    You should use marigold seeds from here on till level 15. Marigolds can be grown on allotments, just like potato seeds. Each allotment has 1 flower patch. Unlike potato seeds, marigold seeds can NOT be watched over by a farmer. However, these grow quicker, taking only 20 minutes to fully grow. Planting these gives you ~9xp and harvesting gives you a whopping 47 xp.
    You need to pick 50 marigolds from level 2 to 15 farming.
    1 marigold seed = 1 gp on the ge
    1 marigold = 3,224 gp on the ge

You will profit from these while gaining alot of xp!
    (Please note: Once you are level 10 farming, and have requirements for Perils of Ice Mountain, I suggest you finish the quest to get a free 500 farming experience as a reward. http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Perils_of_Ice_Mountain)

Levels 15 - 30
    You can finally grow oak trees from here. Oak trees are grown from acorns.
    These have different locations, and can be grown in tree patches.
    You have to plant an acorn into a plant pot, and water it with a watering can. You can plant these in the following locations. I recommend that you pay the farmers one basket of tomatoes to watch the tree for you. A total of 24 acorn saplings need to be planted and grown sucessfuly from levels 15-30.
    Note: These give you 14 xp to plant, and about 468 xp to inspect. They take 3 hours and 20 minutes to grow. You have to chop the tree and dig the stump up once sucessfully grown and inspected, and then plant a new acorn seedling.

Levels 30-45
    Willow trees
    Grown from willow seeds planted in a plant pot. Willow seeds cost 385 gp each.
    They give you 25 xp to plant, and 1457 xp to inspect once fully grown.
    They take 4 hours and 40 minutes to grow completely. Grown in the same locations as oak trees. Pay the farmer 1 basket of apples to watch the tree for you. A total of 34 willow saplings need to be planted from 30-45.You have to chop the tree and dig the stump up once sucessfully grown and inspected, and then plant a new willow sapling.

Levels 45-60
    Maple trees
    Grown in the same locations as willows and oaks. These seeds cost about 20k each.
    They give you 45xp to plant, and 3404 xp to check when fully grown. They take 5 hours and 20 minutes to grow.
    I recommend that you pay the farmer 1 basket of oranges to look after the tree for you. A total of 63 maple saplings need to be planted from 45-60.You have to chop the tree and dig the stump up once successfully grown and inspected, and then plant a new maple sapling.

And there you have it, 60 farming
    From here on, you can start livid farm, and get around 30-33k farming xp/hour if you have the requirements and the runes to play the minigame. This method is relatively cheaper than buying the pricey seeds to get 99 farm via doing tree/herb runs. I hope this guide helped, it took a while to make, although it is quite low class. Nonetheless, as long as it helps you, I'm pleased.

Quests which give farming experience as a reward

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)

Nice guide.
    Why don't plant fruit trees? They are cheaper and higher xp at lower levels. Also it may be easier to do some quests (the fairy ring etc) to bypass the lower levels.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

I did not include planting fruit trees because of the extensive amount of time that is required to grow them. It takes 16 hours for an apple tree to grow, and all of the trees take a similar amount of time, all over 12 hours each. Because of that reason, I decided to stick to basic trees that seemed simple to me.

And yes, you are right about the quests. I was aiming this toward those who maybe havent done the quest or dont have the required levels, and so on. But Ill add the quests which give farming experience to the OP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

a better quick and expensive way would be planting bagged plants.
    Bored of playing rs, and bored of botting it, why am i here?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

Nice guide, this gives me a goodintro to the skill.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    191 Post(s)

Not a bad guide, and up to a good level (60) too, since many quests require farming up to around that level.
    Solar from RiD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

I think solving "Fairy Tale I" is quite useful, it can give you 3500xp without any farming requirement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Thank you for this, currently level 50 farming but got to that using grand seed pods and I have no clue how to farm trees so this was a bit usefull

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharm View Post
    Thank you for this, currently level 50 farming but got to that using grand seed pods and I have no clue how to farm trees so this was a bit usefull
    Glad to hear try doing some quests if you have the requirement for farm experience as well. Best of luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Umm wats the expensive way?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    282 Post(s)

Dearest Jakee ,
    My father studied Agricultural Economics and worked in South America on a farm when he was young.
    I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of farming since the closest I came to it was visiting a household animal (Pigs,Cows..) Zoo and helping out with garden work.
    Thanks for the great guide on becoming a farmer!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Runehack123 View Post
    Dearest Jakee ,
    My father studied Agricultural Economics and worked in South America on a farm when he was young.
    I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of farming since the closest I came to it was visiting a household animal (Pigs,Cows..) Zoo and helping out with garden work.
    Thanks for the great guide on becoming a farmer!
    Lol, it's almost 1 am here and I was looking at that post for a good 5 minutes
    Thanks man, check your panel

@pod
    Fruit trees would be the expensive way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm using your guide and it's working great! But I was wondering is there any more patches from level 2-15 to speed up the process?

~Pod
    This is an automated message to automate my automated signature.

Thanks to IsoMorphic for the signature.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

The method I put for 2-15 is being done on allotments, which is the same for levels 1-2.
    The locations of the allotments are on there.

You can always grow different things, I just havent updated the guide in 2 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakee View Post
    The method I put for 2-15 is being done on allotments, which is the same for levels 1-2.
    The locations of the allotments are on there.

You can always grow different things, I just havent updated the guide in 2 months.
    Can you give us an update? Would be great, thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pod View Post
    Umm wats the expensive way?
    Magics, Calquats, Palms, maybe some herbs on the side to make up some money.
    Also do Livid Farm along the way to get some more xp.
    Thats the high level route though, Jakee's guide on levels 1-60 seems best to me. Just don't forget the quests They help a lot and usually have great rewards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I got 30 - 60 farming in 4-5 days (I forget exactly how long), getting to 30 was done earlier just randomly planting things and the occasional lamp every now and then. 30 - 60 I did Limpwurts, Strawberries and Ranarr (changed to Avantoe at level 50 or so once I'd run out of Ranarr seeds). I did this run as often as I could (aprox every 2 hours if I could be bothered). Each run gave aprox 5k exp but varied quite a lot depending on how much I picked.

The real exp comes from trees and fruit trees though. I did willow trees (cheapest tree to use) as often as I could and the best fruit tree once a day. Willows give a total of 1481 exp (checking and planting) and can be done every 5 hours (3 times a day) and there's 5 patches so 22k exp a day from these. Fruit trees give more exp but can only be done once a day. I used up to pineapple without losing too much money gaining 28k exp in one run from them (4.8k per tree and 6 patches).

I also did Spirit of Summer (easy quest for 17k exp once you're over level 50) and Fairy Tale part 1, 2 and 3 (using skill lamps from part 2 on farming as well) giving another 17k exp.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nght spud View Post
    I got 30 - 60 farming in 4-5 days (I forget exactly how long), getting to 30 was done earlier just randomly planting things and the occasional lamp every now and then. 30 - 60 I did Limpwurts, Strawberries and Ranarr (changed to Avantoe at level 50 or so once I'd run out of Ranarr seeds). I did this run as often as I could (aprox every 2 hours if I could be bothered). Each run gave aprox 5k exp but varied quite a lot depending on how much I picked.

The real exp comes from trees and fruit trees though. I did willow trees (cheapest tree to use) as often as I could and the best fruit tree once a day. Willows give a total of 1481 exp (checking and planting) and can be done every 5 hours (3 times a day) and there's 5 patches so 22k exp a day from these. Fruit trees give more exp but can only be done once a day. I used up to pineapple without losing too much money gaining 28k exp in one run from them (4.8k per tree and 6 patches).

I also did Spirit of Summer (easy quest for 17k exp once you're over level 50) and Fairy Tale part 1, 2 and 3 (using skill lamps from part 2 on farming as well) giving another 17k exp.
    Im not sure about what happened, but the prices of high level seeds such as magic and yews and papayas have been going up a lot
    The same applies for the coconuts/fruits used to pay the farmers to look after the trees

Hopefully prices dwindle down a bit

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Using this to get to 60 along with mixing in some herbs to even out the losses. Thank you so much . Btw is there any reason to chop instead of just clearing the tree?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stayon View Post
    Using this to get to 60 along with mixing in some herbs to even out the losses. Thank you so much . Btw is there any reason to chop instead of just clearing the tree?
    Clearing the tree would result in you not getting any logs
    As to chopping the tree, you would get the logs

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Four View Post
    Clearing the tree would result in you not getting any logs
    As to chopping the tree, you would get the logs
    Ah okay. I figured it was that simple haha. Don't care for the willows. I'm on maples now. Thanks to your guide. I never farmed since it came out til reading this haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Honestly the best bottable method for farming experience (to me) is sorceress garden. Steady farm xp, and it gets a solid amount of thieving xp too. Kaybe you should add in your guide that they could do sorceress garden while they wait.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindle View Post
    Honestly the best bottable method for farming experience (to me) is sorceress garden. Steady farm xp, and it gets a solid amount of thieving xp too. Kaybe you should add in your guide that they could do sorceress garden while they wait.
    Sorceress garden has barely been touched by bots until lately, and even now, there is a very small number of bots at sorcerers garden, and the farming xp/hour at SG is relatively low

This guide was made for players to legit farming to level 60, and then bot livid farm from there after

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    433 Post(s)

Thanks for this man! I will for sure use this to get myself to 60. I used to always sit there and wonder why Jagex made a skill that takes soooo long to get up. But i might as well do it, right?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StickToTheScript View Post
    Thanks for this man! I will for sure use this to get myself to 60. I used to always sit there and wonder why Jagex made a skill that takes soooo long to get up. But i might as well do it, right?
    Thats the spirit
    You'll be glad to get it over with now than later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information