Thread: RuneScape Servers coming back this FRIDAY 2-20-2013 anybody have scripts yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Smile RuneScape Servers coming back this FRIDAY 2-20-2013 anybody have scripts yet?

I have seen a number of YouTube videos released just now and have wondered if anybody has scripts ready yet? I have a lot of homework for the weekend but I'm ready to start botting while I'm doing that Homework :P

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    444 Post(s)

I don't think soo because we are all waiting to see how it will be. Maybe during the first week, we might have some over here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibs17 View Post
    I have seen a number of YouTube videos released just now and have wondered if anybody has scripts ready yet? I have a lot of homework for the weekend but I'm ready to start botting while I'm doing that Homework :P
    Are you sure that is the first thing you want to do? :P
    Either way, I'm attempting to load other clients in SMART (private servers).
    They indeed load, but they don't draw in the frame at all. I'll get it eventually.

But, of course you can still use the screen to make scripts, unless you are running through Wine or the like.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ibs17 View Post
    I may work on a few simple scripts such as a cooker or power chopper should be easy to do but remember there is no srl support at this moment so most things will have to be done from scratch e.g getting uptext

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

From RS:

Hello everyone. Sitting with me now I have Mod Pips, Mod Mark & Mod Philip, ready and primed to answer as many of your questions as we can over the next two hours.

Before we start, I wanted to thank everyone for showing their support for Old School RuneScape by registering their votes. I've genuinely been surprised by the incredible passion and support for the return of this service among many in the community. The poll page has seen well over 2 million unique visitors already, which is terrific; If only half of those visitors actually voted for Old School Servers - rather than the 10% we've seen so far - players would have smashed the 750k.

You can see that, as of 8:00pm, we have over 210,000 votes. This means that I can already confirm we are already working on bringing back the Old School Servers. Now, we just need to see what level of support you would like us to provide and what the final service fee - if any - would be. Where the vote goes is up to you!

Now for some even bigger news: thanks to a truly Herculean effort - much of which is still ongoing - I want to pledge to open the Old School Servers to all those who have already voted (or intend to do so in the next week before the poll closes) on Friday night! (Likely quite late). We promised we would give players an option to bring it back and we are following through with that promise. We've literally been working around the clock to get a version up and running for you. Everyone will start afresh and we are not expecting any rollbacks – barring any major technical issues, of course.

Remember: it's the community that makes a game fun, memorable and truly great; not the tech, graphics or environment. So, gather your friends and prepare to dust off your old school skills and join the Old School Server party this Friday.

I very much want to manage expectations: we have pulled out all the stops to do this quickly for you, so the service will be rough around the edges. We still have tons of things to do to get it right, but due to the positive response, we really wanted to bring this to you as soon as humanly possible. Please can I ask everyone to be tolerant and understanding of any challenges we might face together?

Remember: anyone who registers their vote will get their first month of Old School RuneScape for free, regardless of the eventual poll outcome.

And now onto the live Q&A. You can post in the thread linked below, or message us on Facebook or Twitter. We've already tried to answer a handful of the most popular questions below. Over to the guys...

Discuss this here.

Thanks,
    Mark Gerhard
    It is funny how they say 2 million unique visitors and only 10% have voted. They are probably all f2p players who can't to vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

herp
    Last edited by Neodymium; 02-22-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Didn't take long for this to be leaked\released to public.. sad.

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Lol. Is that better? xD
    I wasn't under the impression this was going to be kept from the public (and what do you mean leaked? :|).
    Besides, people can still bot using the browser, can't they?
    Last edited by Neodymium; 02-22-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2006 Post(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    538 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neodymium View Post
    Lol. Is that better? xD
    I wasn't under the impression this was going to be kept from the public (and what do you mean leaked? :|).
    Besides, people can still bot using the browser, can't they?
    It was posted in mems, so justin presumed someone told you about it. Yeah they can use browser. We're planning on keeping 07scape stuff mems+

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Alright then, guess I'll have to be self-sufficient. :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

keeping it to having u just need a basic mem will greatly reduce gold farming, i hope they reach the 500k milestone only

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teddyromz View Post
    keeping it to having u just need a basic mem will greatly reduce gold farming, i hope they reach the 500k milestone only
    No, not releasing scripts will greatly reduce gold farming. I hope it gets to 750k, but I'm doubtful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BMWxi View Post
    No, not releasing scripts will greatly reduce gold farming. I hope it gets to 750k, but I'm doubtful.
    goldfarmers put p2p on each of their mules? some have 100+mules

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1663 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by teddyromz View Post
    goldfarmers put p2p on each of their mules? some have 100+mules
    Pretty much all goldfarming is P2P, simply because P2P activities are the only way to make gp in the game anymore. Sure the mules are F2P, but the root of the problem is the P2P goldfarmer's bots themselves, because without them there would be no gp to transfer to the mules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

You say that 07scape stuff will be for members or above. I presume a separate version (or settings tweaked) of SRL will be made for 07scape. IF so will that be members plus as well? I'm interested in making some 2007scape scripts, particularly an al-kharid silk runner.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quoted
    603 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Processor View Post
    You say that 07scape stuff will be for members or above. I presume a separate version (or settings tweaked) of SRL will be made for 07scape. IF so will that be members plus as well? I'm interested in making some 2007scape scripts, particularly an al-kharid silk runner.
    An 07SRL will be public at some point in the near future

Script's made by members or above may be kept member+, that's up-to the scripter
    Last edited by DannyRS; 02-25-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Programming is like trying keep a wall of shifting sand up, you fix one thing but somewhere else starts crumbling

Thread Information