Thread: Flattr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Default Flattr

I believe it would be a nice idea, or atleast a moderately decent one, to use flattr on the forums.

I'm not thinking of anything too fancy, something like a flattr button where the skype button is right now, basically if you have flattr you could opt to put it in here. I also think it would have to be something official for it to function properly, like a post that explains a bit about flattr and what it is, and how to use it, because otherwise the user base of it on these forums would be so low it would almost be pointless to have it.

Anyway, basically it's a microdonation system that's easily integrated into just about anything.

Imagine you putting in $5 on your flattr account every month. You see an awesome script, or a post and see that the guy has flattr. Well, you press the button and then at the end of each month, the $5 that you put in is divided amongst all the clicks you made. Say you made 5 clicks, all of those 5 would get $1.

It's not alot but it's something, and it would give more incentive while being more attractive than asking for donations.

http://flattr.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by core View Post
    I don't see any negative side to implementing this and think it would be a great addition.

There would have to be rules preventing things along the lines of "If I get X flatters I will release an update" and other exploitation, though.
    I think it would do great as a replacement to a "Thanks!" button.
    Replacement to the Thanks button? Bad idea. I agree with the exploitation of this though.. If you want donations, you can put a paypal donate button on your script page with a "donate any amount" page attached. It's as simple as that, I already seen this being done.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    437 Post(s)

I like the idea, as long as rules are put into place such as cannot be asked for etc. reputation and stuff should also still remain.

Anti-Leech Movement Prevent Leeching Spread the word
    Insanity 60 Days (Killer workout)
    XoL Blog (Workouts/RS/Misc)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    284 Post(s)

Very interesting, ive never heard of that before, i defiantly like the idea though

Thread Information